I can't add my new email as an alias

Discus and support I can't add my new email as an alias in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I got a new computer and set it up with a different email address than what was attached to my gamertag. I am trying to add my new email address as an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WithheldPillow, Feb 27, 2023.

1. I can't add my new email as an alias

I got a new computer and set it up with a different email address than what was attached to my gamertag. I am trying to add my new email address as an alias to my existing gamertag but it wont let me. It says that my new email address is already in use. I would like to use my existing gamertag with the game pass games on my computer as well as on the xbox.

Is it possible to use my existing gamertag on both platforms using the new email address? If so how can I get it to accept the new email address?

:)

WithheldPillow, Feb 27, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, this existing e-mail is being used as a Microsoft account, if yes you will not be able to add it.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello WithheldPillow, in order to add an Alias to your Microsoft account the email cannot be a Microsoft email that already exists, you have to create it on the spot in the Alias option.

The system only accepts existing emails from other domains like Gmail, Yahoo etc.

Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...
  4. WithheldPillow Win User

Do you know if there is a way to merge the accounts then? My old email address, that is also a gmail account, needed to be changed due to security problems. I changed my email and want to be able to keep my Gamertag but using the new email address. My goal is to get all accounts attached to the old email changed to the new one for security reasons. I really appreciate your willingness to answer my questions!
  5. WithheldPillow Win User

The new email I am trying to add is a gmail account, yet it still wont let me add it. Any advise?
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, unfortunately it is not possible to mix accounts, all Microsoft accounts are independent and Gamertag belongs to your Microso account email

You can keep your account Gamertag, but to add an alias the account will have to be a new one.
Thema:

1. I can't add my new email as an alias - Similar Threads - can't add email

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  4. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and...
  5. I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...: I can't add a friend back because it glitched out and blocked them bdef197a-fe0e-4c56-a93c-b5498ee47524
  6. Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email: So I'm trying to add an alias email but when I go into that section a screen pops up asking me to verify the original email associated with my account. That original email has been deleted long...
  7. Why can't I add existing email to aliases

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add existing email to aliases: When I go to add a new email to change my microsoft alias it keeps telling me the email I entered is invalid, why won't it just let me add it? e47cdd35-6431-42af-ac6d-53ba147c4842
  8. Can't add email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add email address: Hi I have an email address I only use for my xbox. I have another email address I use for everything else. If I try and add the second email to my xbox account I get "This email address is...
  9. Can't add additional email account as an alias - says it already exists

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add additional email account as an alias - says it already exists: Good afternoon. I've had an "@Live" email address as my Xbox Account from the Xbox 360 days. A couple years ago, I changed my personal email provider (Orange) and created a Microsoft...
  10. Can't add my xbox email to outlook

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add my xbox email to outlook: I know this probably isn't the right forum for this question but I've been trying to add my @xboxlivefamily email to outlook to send and recieve but no matter what I do it always gives me an error...