I can't add friends or join them on Xbox Windows 10 Minecraft

Discus and support I can't add friends or join them on Xbox Windows 10 Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying for a while now and i cannot add my friend, i had him added the other day and everything was perfectly normal, i could join him with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darren Snider, May 19, 2023.

1. I can't add friends or join them on Xbox Windows 10 Minecraft

I have been trying for a while now and i cannot add my friend, i had him added the other day and everything was perfectly normal, i could join him with no issues and i also add3ed him with no issues. But now i cannot add him, it just loads and doesn't say i have him added, i have already tried getting him to block me and unblock me and i also do not have him blocked, this is even occurring on Xbox control bar, i cannot add him or join him even though for him it says he has me added.

:)

Darren Snider, May 19, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Darren. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry about that. Kindly sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and make sure that all multiplayer settings are set to “allow” or “everyone”:

Please click “submit”, once confirmed restart your device to re-sync and make sure all changes are saved.
  3. CamicaziBoss Win User

Can someone please answer a Minecraft Realms question?

Hey there! You're going to need to verify which version of Minecraft you have. There are two on the Xbox One that you could have.

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition is no longer supported. It's playable, but it can't be found in the Store and does not receive updates. This version of the game does not have Realms access.

Minecraft/Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition/Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (All just different names for the same game) is the version with Realms that are cross-compatible.

Java version (only available on PC) is not compatible with Xbox.

If your child's friend has the Realm set up on the correct version of Minecraft, you just need a Gold Subscription. Realm hosts pay the monthly fee to keep the Realm online. The friend will need to invite your friend/add them as a Realm member from their
    Xbox or PC, then your child will receive a little envelope thing on their Minecraft menu. That is the Realm invitation. Once that's accepted, they should be able to join the Realm.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

[Mod Removed-Profanity] МАЙНКРАФТ [Mod Translation-(Mod Removed) Minecraft]

So... it appears you're having problems connecting to your friends worlds in Minecraft for Windows 10.

I would have them check their in-game settings in Minecraft under the main menu there, and make sure that Online play is enabled. Sometimes this is switched to being disabled and therefore they cannot join any online games and friends cannot join their game
    either. Both you and your friends should check in Minecraft settings and make sure that Online play is enabled and friends are allowed to join. Then you can select which permissions you would like to enable for your friends when they join your world after
    that.
  5. Ogrebeth Win User

Minecraft vs Minecraft XBox One Edition

The cross play of Minecraft works as such,

The PC/MAC is separate from the other versions in terms of cross-play. As in the only way to join a game with console or mobile players (or Windows 10) is to play on a realm.

Console (Xbox and PS), Mobile and Windows 10 will all work without needing realms as long as your friends are online or on the same network as yourself.

It is only the PC/MAC version of the game that will require you to use realms to join each others game.
    But his friends are on Xbox One edition and my son has the newest minecraft. Apparently they can't play together because they're on different versions?? That's what I'm trying to determine. They're not trying to join realms.
  6. HayoJ Win User

Child accounts don't appear in Xbox privacy settings

Same problem as well. I have two children who are in my Microsoft Family and I (as their father) can manage their screen time etc. But they are not in my Xbox family settings so I can't manage their accounts there. But they can't add each other or me as
    a 'friend' in the Xbox settings, so we can't invite each other to play Minecraft Windows 10 version together!

I don't have an Xbox console. We only have three Windows 10 PCs available.
Thema:

1. I can't add friends or join them on Xbox Windows 10 Minecraft - Similar Threads - can't add friends

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...: I can't add a friend back because it glitched out and blocked them bdef197a-fe0e-4c56-a93c-b5498ee47524
  4. I can't add a friend back to my friends list.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back to my friends list.: A friend that I play with on a regular is no longer in my friends list. I can message him, so I know I'm not blocked, but when I try and add him back as a friend all I get is a message saying......
  5. I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...: I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change my safety settings to allow Multiplayer? aac85b88-851a-425c-8210-36a834a62284
  6. Try to add a friend but keeps saying sorry can't save your changes right now try again in a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Try to add a friend but keeps saying sorry can't save your changes right now try again in a...: I'm trying to add a friend but neither of us can add each other back keeps say sorry we can't save your changes right now try again in a while. Would really like this fixed his gamertag is...
  7. Can't add a friend on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add a friend on Minecraft: When I try to add a friend in Minecraft it tells me that I can't because of how my Xbox account is set up, I've tried to edit my Xbox account but it just sends me to a website saying I can't...
  8. I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft: My child wants to add a friend to their Minecraft account but we can't figure out how. ba755cef-5c3e-4ea1-829d-b96d37c9b47b
  9. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...
  10. Friend keeps disapearing from friends list, can't add him back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend keeps disapearing from friends list, can't add him back.: My friend keeps on disappearing from my Xbox friends list, and then I can't add him back.. It either will do nothing, or it will say "unable to save your changes, try again later" The same thing...