i cant access my privacy settings yet this account isnt in a microsoft family group

Discus and support i cant access my privacy settings yet this account isnt in a microsoft family group in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; the family section says im not in a family group yet i keep getting redirected to the 'why cant i change my privacy settings?' page, as i never setup... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Luke Barber1, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Luke Barber1
    Luke Barber1 Guest

i cant access my privacy settings yet this account isnt in a microsoft family group

the family section says im not in a family group yet i keep getting redirected to the 'why cant i change my privacy settings?' page, as i never setup this account with a family group.

:)

Luke Barber1, Feb 27, 2023
  2. Saiyann Warrior Win User

Stuck in Limbo with no way out

Tried that with IE, chrome, and mozilla and had no luck. Cant even access the privacy setting through xbox cause they arent highlighted to select. My account seems to think there is an adult over seeing it but there isnt. My family gold pack ended but my
    status is still family gold pack
  3. Omagar1 Win User

Minecraft not working with Microsoft Account

Hi

i have a similar issue but with the migration to Microsoft accounts, every thing works fine but i cant play multi player. aparently its linked to my privacy settings but i cant access them to change them

how do access my privacy settings?

this is as far as ive got but it loops me from here

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one
  4. Rostom L Win User

It's saying i'm in a family

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Your account may still be a child account. If it's a child account, it is required to be part of a Microsoft family group. Only a parent or adult account within your Microsoft family can change your account privacy settings.

Please visit your account privacy settings on https://account.xbox.com/Settings if you could access the privacy page. If it redirected you to a different page, your account must be a child account.

Check on https://family.microsoft.com/ if you're part of a family or not anymore.
  5. RichieB_ Win User

Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?

We understand that you are having trouble changing your privacy settings on your account because it says that it is a child account in a family group, even though you are not in a family group. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

To resolve this issue, you will need to remove yourself from the family group. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.

2. Click on the "Family" tab.

3. If you see a message that says "You're not in a family yet," then you can skip to step 6.

4. If you see a family group listed, click on it.

5. Click on "Remove from family" at the bottom of the page.

6. Once you have confirmed that you want to leave the family group, you should be able to change your privacy settings without any issues.

NOTE: An organizer in an Xbox family group can manage settings for members who are in the family group. Kids can only see (and not manage) their own settings.

Learn more:
    Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. AridLizard Win User

Unable to access account settings

Thema:

1. i cant access my privacy settings yet this account isnt in a microsoft family group - Similar Threads - cant access privacy

2. i cant remember my password but dont have access to my secondary email but i can tell you...

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant remember my password but dont have access to my secondary email but i can tell you...: i cannot remember my password as an old friend who i dont speak to anymore made my microsoft account and so now i cannot play minecraft due to this. I have tried to go on...
  3. i cant access remote access in dev mode

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access remote access in dev mode: Hi there, I activated developer mode an hour or so ago and have not been able to access the Decive Portal in order to deploy applications/games Getting this out of the way now so I don’t get the...
  4. i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc: i currently live in iran or persia (islamic republic of iran) and iran is one of non-access'd countries for microsoft login for minecraft. when i try to log in it says : you cant login in this...
  5. cant access minecraft online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant access minecraft online: hello! i have bought minceraft for both of my kids. they had a child account but it made some problems, so we have changed their age to 18. they still cant access minecraft multiplayer and im...
  6. Why cant i access java if i bought java and bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i access java if i bought java and bedrock?: Hi everyone I bought java and bedrock edition for minecraft but i can only access bedrock, i went to the java section but it only says buy, not play, i also checked my transaction history and it...
  7. Is there anyway to get a subscription canceled from a account i cant access? Or maybe a way...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to get a subscription canceled from a account i cant access? Or maybe a way...: I made a new account the other day and saved the information for logging into it on my Google that way I did not need to input said info to log in and could do so by just clicking a button. Well,...
  8. If i cant access my dlc content from call of duty mw3 would i call Activision or is that a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i cant access my dlc content from call of duty mw3 would i call Activision or is that a...: If my friend bought the dlc for the new call of duty mw3 & he cant access it whos end is it that we go complain about ? 77a624de-7850-40c9-8440-7e0d8c6e6346
  9. why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them: my system has been taken over by my spouse it updates by its self in some password screens it has guest in top left everyday i am trying to fix the attack on my profile and system even my...
  10. Cant access privacy settings while I'm not on family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant access privacy settings while I'm not on family group: [img] When I try to change privacy settings page saying that page requested cannot be found.I am not on family group and previously everything worked.Same with my friend.Same when I try that on...