I cant Access my microsoft/xbox accounts privacy and online safety settings due to link error

Discus and support I cant Access my microsoft/xbox accounts privacy and online safety settings due to link error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to join my friends minecraft realm when it said my microsoft accounts settings weren't configured properly to play on realms and to go to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GaroNinja, May 10, 2021.

1. GaroNinja
    GaroNinja Guest

I cant Access my microsoft/xbox accounts privacy and online safety settings due to link error

I was trying to join my friends minecraft realm when it said my microsoft accounts settings weren't configured properly to play on realms and to go to aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp however when i look this up it sends me to Bing which doesn't help me in anyway so i decided to go to the microsoft website itself to change the settings manually. eventually i got to the page microsoft support: manage app privacy settings on Xbox and on this page under the subtitle manage app privacy settings online it tells me to sign in to the Privacy & online safety page for my account and it has a link to that page however when i click that link it just takes me straight back to the page i was already on . my friend tried the link on his account and it takes him to the right place however when he tried it on my account on his pc it still had the same error so it must be my account thats the issue i tried to get around that page by clicking my account in the top right corner clicking on the three dots and going to xbox settings however this once again brings me to the same page i was already on. i tried getting to my settings by logging in straight from the xbox website however it just takes me back to that same page again its so infuriating when the link you need is right there and that everything i do takes me back to the page with the link which doesn't work I've tried for 6+ hours now and i can't describe my agitation i really need some help my only other option would be to get a new microsoft account and risk losing my progress and purchases in minecraft. thank you for reading this and if you have any ideas on how to fix my bugged account please reply below. Until then ill keep getting redirected to manage app privacy settings on Xbox for all eternity......
    I cant Access my microsoft/xbox accounts privacy and online safety settings due to link error [​IMG]

:)

GaroNinja, May 10, 2021
  2. Omagar1 Win User

Minecraft not working with Microsoft Account

Hi

i have a similar issue but with the migration to Microsoft accounts, every thing works fine but i cant play multi player. aparently its linked to my privacy settings but i cant access them to change them

how do access my privacy settings?

this is as far as ive got but it loops me from here

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one
  3. DangerousBard Win User

too young for battlefield 4 but i am adult

Hello gamer,

If you're receiving an error restricting you from access to areas - or the entirety - of your games due to any sort of "Underage Error," this is caused by a problem with the Date of Birth on your Xbox LIVE account, which was entered during registration.

For more information on Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings and child account settings (set by Xbox for users under the age of 18), check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-online-safety
  4. Immortal Human Win User

Online status Unknown

nope I cant access the privacy setting online safety on the xbox. on the web, i dont see the child or adult for privacy. why is my account online status unknown on the xbox?
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

I would highly recommend visiting https://account.xbox.com/Settings, sign in, and make sure none of the privacy and online safety features are restricted.

I would also encourage you to have a look at the link below, as it has all the steps to take to change those privacy settings:

I'm trying to set up an Xbox Live or Microsoft Account (including Realms access for Child Accounts!)

Note that if you are a child account, you might need a parent account in the family group to go through this for you!
  6. GaroNinja Win User

Thanks for your reply however I’ve tried this many times but that Xbox settings page does not work for me for some reason you know the little bit that drops down saying how to change Xbox settings online when I click that it tells you to go to Xbox privacy and settings when I click that it takes me back to the page I was on when i clicked it basically it’s a never ending cycle so I can’t access those settings my friend can access where I should go fine on his pc so it’s just a me problem I think I’m just gonna make a new account because this one has always had a few very strange glitches which no one else seems to have.
Thema:

1. I cant Access my microsoft/xbox accounts privacy and online safety settings due to link error - Similar Threads - cant Access microsoft

2. i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc: i currently live in iran or persia (islamic republic of iran) and iran is one of non-access'd countries for microsoft login for minecraft. when i try to log in it says : you cant login in this...
  3. i have lost accesses to my microsoft account and cant login

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have lost accesses to my microsoft account and cant login: I have recently been trying to play sea of thieves and it comes up with error lavender beard I tried to log out to fix it and I cant log back in as microsoft no longer recognizes my email and it...
  4. Microsoft has locked my account and I cant access anything or play on my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft has locked my account and I cant access anything or play on my Xbox: I’m experiencing a very frustrating issue,where my regular hotmail account has ‘had suspicious activity’,and needs the password changed. The phone number I have on it is my old number which is not...
  5. Cant Access my xbox profile because lost password to Microsoft email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant Access my xbox profile because lost password to Microsoft email: hello I'm trying to get back into my Xbox account but the account has two step active. when I try to change my password I have to use to steps of authentication, 1 being code generated by app and...
  6. i cant access my privacy settings yet this account isnt in a microsoft family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant access my privacy settings yet this account isnt in a microsoft family group: the family section says im not in a family group yet i keep getting redirected to the 'why cant i change my privacy settings?' page, as i never setup this account with a family group....
  7. I had Minecraft Java and after migrating to this microsoft account I cant access it no...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had Minecraft Java and after migrating to this microsoft account I cant access it no...: I had access to minecraft from my account, this account, on Java version, on the launcher for java only, and now I cant enter the game, it only lets me play the demo....
  8. Cant access Microsoft rewards on my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant access Microsoft rewards on my console: Whenever i try to get into Microsoft Rewards it tells me to update my consoles location even though i have never changed it and it worked before. Also when i tried to get 5 dollars credit with my...
  9. created a childrens account through my microsoft account on xbox, but now cant access the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    created a childrens account through my microsoft account on xbox, but now cant access the...: ive tried everything. i saved the password on my phone. i created the account on my xbox one for my child did everything it said.. 3 days later he cant log in because it asks for his password,...
  10. Cant Access the Checkout menu on Xbox Microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Cant Access the Checkout menu on Xbox Microsoft store: I'm trying to buy something on the Microsoft store for Xbox and when I go to check out it just loading. I've tried restarting and redownloading my Xbox account and nothing works. submitted by...