I can't access my account

Discus and support I can't access my account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to login to my email (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) which is associated to my xbox account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by William Towse, Jun 3, 2023.

1. I can't access my account

Hi there,

I'm trying to login to my email (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) which is associated to my xbox account.

It's asking me to verify my account but I am also unable to access the other email I have on file (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) due to that account also asking for a verification.

The number I have on file is also an old number.

I have tried to recover my account but I keep failing for some reason. Possibly because I don't know any emails which were recently sent from that account, because I don't use it for email, only to access my xbox !

I've now had to create a new email (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) just to log this support question.

Please can someone advise how I can sort this?
    Will

:)

William Towse, Jun 3, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

OK so here is the steps you need to take.

1. go to account.live.com/acsr when going through the steps to try and recover your account and it wants to send an email to verify ownership of your account (which you no longer have access to) it will also give you an option that you no longer have access
    to this email you will click on that.

2. it will then ask you for an alternate email that you do not have access to and verify that you do have access to that email.

3. it will then start asking you questions about your account. as an example.

previous passwords you may have used.

if you have ever used skype, outlook, xbox, with the account.

if you have ever purchased anything with the account.

basically questions that only the owner of the account would know

If you answer enough of them correctly the account recovery will then send you an email to your alternate email address with a link to reset your password.

at which point with the new password you will then be able to go in and change the Security proof (verification email or phone number) email to one that you do have keep this in mind if you only have access to the sign in email and password it will allow
    you to change the security proof to something new but will lock your account out of doing anything that requires a security proof for 30 days before the change takes affect now you will be able to sign into your account and play your games just wont be able
    to change emails, phone numbers or anything that requires a verification code sent to you.

Now if you do not answer enough of those questions correctly the account recovery team will also send you a message letting you know that.

IF YOU HAVE A CONSOLE that your profile was on previously and you received the email saying you didnt provide them with enough info you can then contact xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us they will then get a reference number from you that
    is on the email saying that you didnt provide them with enough information also a console id off the console that your profile was on previously and some information about your account and the leingth of time it was on that console and approximate month and
    year the profile was first put on that console and the support team will escalate it up to the account recovery team with that info and they can look at that and determine if its close enough to send you a password reset link.

Keep in mind in before you contact xbox support you HAVE to try and fill the form out yourself at account.live.com/acsr AND have received the email from the account recovery team saying you didnt provide them with enough information so that you can give
    the support team that reference number at the bottom. AND you have to HAVE a console in your presence that your profile was on previously to get the console ID off of it.
  3. blueamcat Win User

Honestly I'm not sure if anything can be done if you can't figure out the password, but maybe, just maybe Xbox Support can verify your identity and your account if you contact them tomorrow.

Good luck man! https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
  4. Nursemorph Win User

i can't access to my account

In order to recover an account, you need information about that account to prove your ownership of it...if you can't remember enough information to recover it, then there's nothing you can do other than trying to remember the information. Even if you phoned support and spoke to someone, they would still require the same information.
  5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

i can't access to my account

Hey there, salahOO

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Just so that you are aware, Microsoft will lock accounts when they violate their Service agreement. As you shared your account with another person, this violates the service agreement between you and Microsoft as you have done this to share games with someone else. Which, in turn, is marketplace fraud.

The Microsoft Service agreement can be found here: Microsoft Services Agreement. You also have the Xbox Code of Conduct here: Xbox Community Standards | Xbox

In terms of unlocking your account, you will need to follow the steps within this article here: Account has been locked - Microsoft Support

You will need to log into your account here: Sign in (microsoft.com) and follow the onscreen instructions for unlocking your account. If you do not see the next button, you will need to click onto the link that begins with aka.ms/ and fill out the form and instructions. This information gets sent to Microsoft, where they will review the information, you have provided. They will then decide to unblock your account, or leave it blocked.

If you do manage to get your account back, I wouldn't share it with others. I know this sounds harsh, but if you continue doing this and the Xbox Enforcement team find out about this, then they may choose to suspend your Xbox account from the service.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Eduardo, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you lost access to your Microsoft account.
    When we lose access to our accounts, we can try to recover it by following all the recommendations available in this related article:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

If none of the options work, the last resource is submitting the Microsoft account recovery form below:

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...

Lastly, and as a reminder, please notice that no one at Microsoft can view, change the account details, or send password reset links for you, this is for security policies.
Thema:

1. I can't access my account - Similar Threads - can't access account

2. Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?: Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing some difficulties with my Blooket account login and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your...
  3. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  4. My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it.: My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it. Without luck, I've tried changing my password, checking in with a Microsoft account on minecraft.net, and...
  5. can't access my Minecraft account because of Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't access my Minecraft account because of Microsoft account: i haven't played minecraft for a while so the launcher asked me to log in using microsoft account but after i did that the launcher just created a new account. the account with purchased minecraft...
  6. Can't access to my live account it says the was a problem I must try later

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access to my live account it says the was a problem I must try later: What is the problem I can't access to my Xbox 360 live MOVED FROM Bing / Other b81f3f0a-e003-4eae-a783-b18c93b80a86
  7. I can't access my minecraft account please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my minecraft account please help: I migrated my minecraft account for pc but it now tells me I have to buy it again b81adca0-ce6a-4b08-bc3a-e45d53695181
  8. Relink Discord account can't access servers or discord calls

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Relink Discord account can't access servers or discord calls: I tried to join. Discord voice chat on Xbox and it shows a message saying "Link accounts again" I've restarted my Xbox 3 times and relink everything 6 times I'm so frustrated with this too. Why is...
  9. I can't access my email account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my email account: I have been trying to get into my hotmail account for about 5 days but it won't let me. I have emails saved that are very important and I need to get access to them, I have given security...
  10. Can't access my Minecraft account on new PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access my Minecraft account on new PC: Necessary background info: I bought Minecraft years ago and had to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. that same Microsoft account is linked to my Xbox account. I do not own...