I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .

Discus and support I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes . in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If MS support can do it now, please reset my 3x counter to 0 if such is the reason for not being able to set my friend's account as My Home Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReAcTiOnEX, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ReAcTiOnEX
    ReAcTiOnEX Guest

I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .

If MS support can do it now, please reset my 3x counter to 0 if such is the reason for not being able to set my friend's account as My Home Xbox anymore. I have read that you can do it with [Mod. Removed]. I could have reached the limit when I tried to fix
    my console issues with factory reset. My gt is :

I am unable to chat with support as it says my name , "Alejandre, Jr." is invalid (or too long?). Cannot edit the field too.

Thank you.

:)

ReAcTiOnEX, Jan 5, 2016
  2. Gamesharing Cancel

I recently just gameshared with a friend, allowed him to download my games and dlcs by allowing him to set his xbox as my home by giving him my email and password to my gamertag. Now i want to cancel this feature with that friend so i can gameshare with
    another person. All i have to do is go to settings and click make this my home xbox on my gtag? This will now not allow my friend who I am gamesharing with now to access my game library anymore and instead allow me to gameshare with someone else? Or do i have
    to tell my friend to make this my home xbox back on his regular gamertag he uses?

Views From La 6, Jan 5, 2016
  3. VintageKris
    VintageKris Guest
    Xbox one error - 0X803f800f

I am gamesharing with my brothers xbox. (My account is set on brothers xbox as home xbox and my brothers account is set in my xbox as home xbox)

I and my brother got For honor with Xbox live gold a while back. At this time i had xbox live gold and my brother also had xbox live gold (but we were already gamesharing).

If i faund out correctly, then if we are gamesharing we need only one xbox with gold, so i stopped my subscription.

Now when my subscription ended neither me or my brother cant play For Honor, althought he still is subscribed to xbox live gold. We both can play games online, also all other games we have got from xbox live. Just For honor is not working.

When we start the game we got error - 0X803f800f.

I have tried to hard reset xbox, remove my account and add it back, reinstalling the game. Nothing is not working.

What do we do?

Thanks in advance for any info.

VintageKris, Jan 5, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hello,

This would be something you would have to take up with Phone Support, whose details you can find here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

However, please note that the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use do have language that prohibits the sharing of accounts (more of a security measure) and of gaining access to content to which you should not actually have access (i.e., that you did
    not pay for). The Home Xbox system was designed for a single household, to give users with two consoles access to games with a single purchase, not for sharing between friends/acquaintances/strangers.

Sharing profile login details is a security risk to yourself, but game sharing runs the risk of Enforcement actions against your account, so while you may technically and practically be able to get it to work it is not something we advise doing.

maxen, Jan 5, 2016
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    It is doubtful that you will get it reset. It is in place to prevent the misuse of the system which is exactly what it appears that you are attempting to do. As stated in the previous post by Maxen13 the sharing functionality was designed specifically
    for use within a single household with multiple consoles.

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  6. maxen Win User

Hello,

This would be something you would have to take up with Phone Support, whose details you can find here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

However, please note that the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use do have language that prohibits the sharing of accounts (more of a security measure) and of gaining access to content to which you should not actually have access (i.e., that you did
    not pay for). The Home Xbox system was designed for a single household, to give users with two consoles access to games with a single purchase, not for sharing between friends/acquaintances/strangers.

Sharing profile login details is a security risk to yourself, but game sharing runs the risk of Enforcement actions against your account, so while you may technically and practically be able to get it to work it is not something we advise doing.
  7. {Parity} Win User

It is doubtful that you will get it reset. It is in place to prevent the misuse of the system which is exactly what it appears that you are attempting to do. As stated in the previous post by Maxen13 the sharing functionality was designed specifically
    for use within a single household with multiple consoles.
  8. AmuricanPatriot Win User

Game sharing

the home setting is for the home not to go sharing with friends, there is no such thing as gameshare.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

Microsoft literally has support instructions for people to set it up for this exact purpose. There’s nothing wrong with game sharing.
  9. Tezzarrific Win User

Gameshare isnt working

the fix is to actually purchase the subs, gamesharing as you are doing it is against the terms and could lead to a ban.

setting the home xbox is for that purpose, the home.
  10. ChiefTinKerBell Win User

How can I delete my free xbox live account ?

Yeah, but i want to delete it completely, i shared my gamertag with 3-4 friends and im not friends with them anymore and every single time i try to play, they sign in and i can never play anymore(they purposely add or delete some of my friends)........ :(
Thema:

1. I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes . - Similar Threads - cannot set friend's

2. Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up- on Minescraft on PS5

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up- on Minescraft on PS5: We are getting this message : Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.... Please ensure your online safety settings allow Multiplayer...etc. My son is trying to...
  3. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  4. “You cannot see content other people make because of how your account is set up”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “You cannot see content other people make because of how your account is set up”: I’ve started to receive this message when I load a multiplayer game up. I’ve checked other posts regarding this problem and done what Microsoft advisers have suggested but it’s not working, can...
  5. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  6. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  7. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.: have done everything in family settings but still this message pops up every time i try to play games now and I've never changed anything please help. 4846ed81-c8df-46b9-be96-4fd2c2ee0648
  8. Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up: At my wits end here. I just bought Minecraft in the xbox store. I've set all my privacy settings to allow, and I don't have a child account, but I can't play minecraft multiplayer. It says "Cannot...
  9. How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error: Hello. I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything I can do to go ahead and fix this but I still can't. I've been trying to play Minecraft multiplayer for around 2 month's. I've tried...
  10. Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings: We have spent hours going through every step recommended, we've downloaded the xbox family app, we've set everything to "allowed" via my parental account, we've restarted his computer, we've...