I cannot play the movies I have purchased that are in the movies and tv app

Discus and support I cannot play the movies I have purchased that are in the movies and tv app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; whenever I go into my movies and tv app, it is not letting me watch s single movie in the purchased section. A box just pops up that says " can't play.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elitebroom4309, Oct 16, 2017.

1. I cannot play the movies I have purchased that are in the movies and tv app

whenever I go into my movies and tv app, it is not letting me watch s single movie in the purchased section. A box just pops up that says " can't play.

Please try again. If the problem continues, visit
    www.xbox.com/support
    to check for guidance. Then blow it it says 0xc102a3ff. " but I am getting no support, guidance or answers. It won't let me watch a single movie I've purchased but I Pre ordered a movie I've really wanted to see months ago and have
    been counting the days until it EA available which was today and now it won't let me watch the movie or any others and this box pops up everyone in a wholeness burn thrn i truck against and tin goes away. This time it's not. Can someone please help.

:)

Elitebroom4309, Oct 16, 2017
  2. bpfeif01
    bpfeif01 Guest
    Movies and TV Xbox Family Sharing

Why am I not able to share movies or TV shows that I have purchased the rights to view with family members that are connected to my account using the family share feature? Currently if I have multiple Xbox consoles and my family member decides to watch a
    movie or TV show using Microsoft Movies and TV they must be logged in with my account. If while they are watching a movie I cannot use my account on a different console without stopping the digital content being watched on the separate console. Can the movies
    and tv app be integrated with the family sharing feature so family members can share their movies and tv content so everyone can watch and play together?

Moved from: Music, Movies & TV / Movies & TV

bpfeif01, Oct 16, 2017
  3. tedthefed66
    tedthefed66 Guest
    Movies and TV not working.

I cannot get any of my movies to play. I cannot move the cursor to the play button. I have uninstalled/installed the Movies and TV app, as well as Uninstall/Install my profile.

Any ideas?

tedthefed66, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Slev Kitty Win User

Xbox One Need tech support

I can play movies I have bought pre preview update. Went to the Store, and downloading the movies & TV . I guess this is a different app than the app movies and TV?
  5. 3rdnfnlbst Win User

Movies won’t play on Xbox Series X

As far as checking the cables goes, my Xbox works as it’s supposed to with every game and app except for the Movies and TV App. Not sure what checking the cables would do?

The required HDMI: not sure what you mean. Again, everything is working fine. The hdmi cable is hooked up directly to the TV with nothing in between and I am able to stream other apps like Netflix, Disney plus, HBO Max etc. with no issues.

My system was setup for automatic updates but I wasn’t sure after the CS rep on the phone had me rest my console. There was an update available and I did it and still nothing. I also deleted the Movies and TV app and reinstalled. Nothing.

Also, to add insult to injury, I tried playing another movie through the Movies and TV app that I own and is linked through Movies Anywhere. Nothing will play in that app.

I downloaded the actual Movies Anywhere app and all my movies play no problem. It’s not the Xbox, or my TV, or the cables. It the Movies & TV app. It needs to be fixed.

Unfortunately the movie I purchased is from Lionsgate and is not available on Movies Anywhere. So again, Microsoft SHOULD issue me a refund for the movie as there is literally no other way to play it.
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Years ago you could log in online to watch movies you purchased. Now with movies anywhere that’s seems to be a solution but it’s also a problem. Why can’t I watch my purchases?

Digital movies purchased form the Microsoft store are only streamed to your console, there is no download option so you require a connection to view them.

On a Windows 10 PC you can use the Movies and TV app to download them for offline viewing.

For more information, see Microsoft Store: Movies & TV and Movies Anywhere.
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Connecting an XBox 360 to a windows 10 PC

If you are talking of movies you have purchased from the Films & TV app, then you do not need to do anything, as the Xbox 360 and Windows 10 have their own Films & TV app, just log in on the device you want to watch those movies, and then launch the app.
    Your movies should show.

If you have movies that you have purchased elsewhere and using the app to watch them. You only need to turn on the play to option on the xbox 360, then when you start the app on Windows 10, start a movie, then in the bottom corner of the film there will
    three dots. Select it, and choose cast to device. The Xbox 360 should show up. select it, and it should play on your console.
  8. Cerebral Paul Win User

Cannot play movie I justed purchased from the movie app

If you ever need to check the status of the xbox services you should bookmark Xbox Live Status As of this posting, some games and services are still affected.
Thema:

I cannot play the movies I have purchased that are in the movies and tv app

1. I cannot play the movies I have purchased that are in the movies and tv app - Similar Threads - cannot play movies

2. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  3. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  4. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  5. I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...: I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options....
  6. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  7. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  8. I regularly play with a person on Fortnite. I see when they play but they cannot see when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I regularly play with a person on Fortnite. I see when they play but they cannot see when...: I regularly play with a person on Fortnite. I see when they play but they cannot see when I’m on. I have them on my list but it still says “add friend”. I can’t add them on Xbox or epic. When I...
  9. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer: I purchased MFS from Microsoft store on old PC. Works fine. Bought a new PC and tried to login and MFS does not show up. I have a copy of the digital ownership and it plays fine on old PC but...