I cannot play Sea of thieves it says I need to go change settings. Says I'm in some family...

Discus and support I cannot play Sea of thieves it says I need to go change settings. Says I'm in some family... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to change my settings it says I'm in some family and cannot change them and therefore I am unable to play.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fledlikson, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Fledlikson
    Fledlikson Guest

I cannot play Sea of thieves it says I need to go change settings. Says I'm in some family...

When I try to change my settings it says I'm in some family and cannot change them and therefore I am unable to play.

:)

Fledlikson, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Fledlikson Win User

I cannot play Sea of thieves it says I need to go change settings. Says I'm in some family when I'm not and I am unable to change my settings.

Thanks man, this helped.

Have an fine day.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

I cannot play Sea of thieves it says I need to go change settings. Says I'm in some family when I'm not and I am unable to change my settings.

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Sign in with your account at Xbox.com, then click your profile icon in the top right of the page.

- From the dropdown click the three dots and then Xbox Settings.

-That will take you to a page that has your Privacy & Online Safety Settings, from there you can toggle everything to 'Allow'.

If you cannot access the page or it keeps bringing you back to the support page, it means you're on a child account. Microsoft considers all accounts below 21 years as child accounts and the privacy settings page in inaccessible for them by default.

To change your privacy settings you'll need a parent/adult account. They'll need to add you to their family group as "Member", then go into that page and enable those settings for you.

The details are outlined here under the "Manage settings on Xbox.com" tab and "Manage a member's online safety and privacy settings" sub-tab.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

Hope this helps
  4. ChicoEA Win User

Error 0x80070015 when trying to install Sea of Thieves on a different drive.

It says it cannot move sea of thieves and gives me the error code 0x80073d0d.
  5. b62752a9-5d0d-49bd-8 Win User

Why does the Xbox app insist on installing multiple installations of games on my C drive without my permission?

Sea of thieves decided to uninstall itself for some reason over night, making it so that I cant play Sea of Thieves today due to the long download time.

If I buy Sea of Thieves on Steam, can I play with the same account as on the xbox app version? That way I wont need to deal with the Xbox app or its version of Sea of Thieves.
  6. Blackba Win User

Sea of Thieves main menu freeze/stuttering

Hi Felix,

I only got Sea of Thieves on my Xbox Account which I can play on PC. But when I play Sea of Thieves Insider (Test Server/Pre Release) then there isn't that problem.

I contacted the Rare Support but they say they can't help me and I should contact Xbox/Microsoft Support. So now I'm confused because you say looks like a server issue on Rare side and Rare says ask Microsoft/Xbox.
Thema:

1. I cannot play Sea of thieves it says I need to go change settings. Says I'm in some family... - Similar Threads - cannot play Sea

2. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  3. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  4. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  5. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  6. Cannot play Sea Of Thieves (Ashbeard)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play Sea Of Thieves (Ashbeard): I cannot play Sea Of Thieves. I can boot up the game and get to the "click anything to sign-in" part, but whenever I click, it will almost instantly go to an error screen with the code Ashbeard...
  7. Sea of thieves cannot play multi player game because of security settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves cannot play multi player game because of security settings: Hi, Just downloaded Sea of Thieves on a Win10, as administrator. But cannot start the came since I get a pop up saying that I am not allowed to play multi player game beacuse of security...
  8. I cannot play sea of theives becouse of this message...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play sea of theives becouse of this message...: You can not play multiplayer games because of the way your account is configured. To change this, go to the privacy and web security settings on Xbox.com. I've tried to solve this problem myself,...
  9. Cannot to play at sea of thieves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot to play at sea of thieves: Hello, I have buy today sea of thieves on the Microsoft store. I have installed the game. I can launch the game but i can't log in Error message " Please to connect at the Xbox Live" I'm...
  10. I cannot play Sea of Thieves!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot play Sea of Thieves!: I am trying to play Sea of Thieves, but when I start it I get a message about an option I've blocked! When I check the website I have checked the allow-square, but it still don't change! Btw, the...