I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but...

Discus and support I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have tried my old 4 digit pin, but it is not correct. As of recently, microsoft has started to mandate the use of 6 digit pins, not 4. I cannot use a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by George Fellowes, Dec 9, 2022.

1. I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but...

I have tried my old 4 digit pin, but it is not correct. As of recently, microsoft has started to mandate the use of 6 digit pins, not 4. I cannot use a 6 digit pin to verify my identity.

Here is where it asks for my pin:

I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but... [​IMG]

Here is where it only lets me use a 4 digit pin.

I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but... [​IMG]

:)

George Fellowes, Dec 9, 2022
  2. HDERAZI96 Win User

Xbox app on my PC asking for 4 digit code, but I only have a 6 digit code

Hello there,

I hope I got your question right,...

It gives 6 digit pin, all you need to do is entering new code you want and then head back to the app to sign in. The pin the app asking you about is the same pin you use to log in to your PC/Account (I believe you can click sign in with another way if you
    prefer another way to log in.).

^Happy Gaming
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but automatically enters after entering 4 digits.

is there another user listed on the pc, it maybe taking them as admin and require their 4 digit pin.
  4. Georges C. Win User

I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but automatically enters after entering 4 digits.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello George, if your pin is giving as invalid, try clicking where it says; Forgot my PIN, this should give you the option to log into your Microsoft account with your account password and follow the procedures you ask on the screen.

Reset your PIN when you aren't signed in to Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/res...
  5. Codi Lambert Win User

Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices

Hi, thank you for the advice but it specifically is not asking for an Xbox pin, and will not let me enter more than four digits when prompted for my non-existent pin. Whenever it says my pin is incorrect, it explicitly tells me to change my pin through Windows Hello. Everything that is going on here is all on Windows computers. No consoles are involved. I can't get a screenshot at the moment as the computer that's been having the error is currently in use and I cannot get access to it, I will edit this post or reply to it with a screenshot when I am able to get to it. A quick rundown of the situation is as follows:

There are two computers upstairs, one with Gamepass Ultimate, one without

We are trying to put the Gamepass Ultimate account onto the computer that does not have it.

When trying to sign in, the Xbox PC app asks for a Windows Hello Pin that does not exist

There is no possible way to bypass this pin, and no pins work, as no pin exists.

We try logging a different account onto the computer, it asks for another pin that does not exist.

App thinks its a dictionary attack and locks us out of the Xbox PC app

We just want to get my account onto a new computer, that's all we want, but it's asking for login info that doesn't exist
  6. smileskybird Win User

Just bought Metro (lesson learned.....)

You do know that you can add a pin to your console so that when you sign in on it, the Dashboard asks for your pin (not account password) it's a 6 digit password. You can also program it so that when you buy stuff on your console, it asks for your
    PIN. I'd like to see your toddler sir figure out your 6 digit PIN. If you want to set up a PIN on Xbox 360, it's only a 4 Digit PIN where as on Xbox 1 they went with the extra security of a 6 Digit PIN.
Thema:

I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but...

1. I cannot log in to the xbox app on pc. It asks for a pin, which for me is 6 digits, but... - Similar Threads - cannot log app

2. (PC) Cannot log into Xbox Live on Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    (PC) Cannot log into Xbox Live on Xbox app: Anytime I try and sign into my account, I recieve the following error: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live The remote procedure call failed. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Cannot log into Xbox app on Windows 11 with an alternative account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot log into Xbox app on Windows 11 with an alternative account: Getting very angry. Have tried requesting a call back - failed 5 times. The contact us page spins you in circles with ridiculous questions none of which are relevant but never offer the "none of...
  4. Cannot log into Xbox game bar or Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot log into Xbox game bar or Xbox app on pc: I used to be able to use the xbox game pass pc a few months ago and it stopped working. when i click sign in it doesnt sign me in it just says sign in again. Also nothing on the app loads it just...
  5. Cannot Log Into The Xbox App Or Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on Windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Log Into The Xbox App Or Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on Windows 11: Hello, I Installed Windows 11 A Few Days Ago and I've Been Facing an Issue. I Tried To Log Onto Minecraft But It Showed An Error called "hay bale", When I Tried To Log Into the Xbox App (as they...
  6. after password change cannot log in on xbox live app . user action required

in XBoX on Windows
    after password change cannot log in on xbox live app . user action required: i recently changed my microsoft password. and after i open up my xbox live up game pass ultimate (PC) it says cant log in to xbox live user action required for authentication . even with the...
  7. Cannot Log Into Xbox Game Pass App or Microsoft App Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Log Into Xbox Game Pass App or Microsoft App Store: Running Win 10. I'm trying to log into my game pass app and nothing happens. It's like a dead link when I click the 'sign in' button. I'm logged into my account online though so I'm guessing it's...
  8. Cannot log into Xbox app on iPad 4 iOS 10.3.3

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cannot log into Xbox app on iPad 4 iOS 10.3.3: Whenever i try to login this happens. [img] 31a839eb-5b33-4dfe-8f8c-e98a135080c6
  9. Cannot log in to the PC game pass app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot log in to the PC game pass app.: Hey guys, So I've been a subscriber to the xbox game pass for a while now and I just recently got a good PC to play games on. So I upgraded my subscription to Game Pass Ultimate and downloaded...
  10. Cannot log into Xbox PC app from laptop, but can from desktop

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot log into Xbox PC app from laptop, but can from desktop: When I try to log in, it goes to black for just a moment then reloads the home screen "Discover your next favorite game". I've reinstalled multiple times, rebooted in between installs, still...