I cannot install games or update them because my Xbox says that I need more storage and...

Discus and support I cannot install games or update them because my Xbox says that I need more storage and... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’ve tried to install many different games and it hasn’t worked. I hard reset my console and I was able to install one game and then the errors came up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by WillSnap72, Nov 21, 2022.

1. WillSnap72
    WillSnap72 Guest

I cannot install games or update them because my Xbox says that I need more storage and...

I’ve tried to install many different games and it hasn’t worked. I hard reset my console and I was able to install one game and then the errors came up again. I’m just tryna play some games.

:)

WillSnap72, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I cannot install games or update them because my Xbox says that I need more storage and need to clear some space on the internal hard drive. But I have more than enough storage needed. Solution?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

if I may ask, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? If yes, kindly unplug the external hard drive and then perform a powercycle on your console before attempting to install a game on your Internal drive. Keep the external hard drive unplugged.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. NineBobsNote Win User

Xbox One Instant On VS Energy Saving and External HDD

If You have your Xbox set to 'Instant On' then all system and game updates will download and install automatically. Meaning no more waiting to play games while updates download/install.

System updates will install but may need you to press the power on button instead of saying 'Xbox On'.

I have my external storage turned off while my Xbox is off. I've never noticed and speed differences with it being off.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Series S not reserving right amount of space when installing a game

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your storage space issue.

Just a heads up that there are certain games that would take up more storage space than the actual installation numbers. This is because of some certain updates to the game. 105GB is just the installation of the game but that does not have any updates yet, this is why once you get the game updated, it will take more space than the actually installation.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

How to Xbox series x the new one external hard drive doesn't take any updates even when you tell it to how do you do it

Updates for the console itself will only install on the internal storage, and updates for games will only install where the games are stored. So if the game is installed on the internal storage, then the update for that game will install on the internal storage. You cannot pick and choose where an update is installed.
  6. Pierpaolo Improta Win User

Help with Microsoft Store and Xbox App Store

Thank you for the advices, but I cannot update my Windows, it gives me an error 0x80080005 saying that there were some problems with the installation of the updates. Because of this, I cannot update the Xbox and the Store. I sincerely don't know what to do
Thema:

1. I cannot install games or update them because my Xbox says that I need more storage and... - Similar Threads - cannot install games

2. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  3. I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc: I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 [img] c725698f-89b7-4651-adea-57caa7703bc1
  4. I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...: I have already tried antivirus uninstalling, reinstalling game services, and updating my device but nothing works. 10a3f9bd-51f8-411b-9332-8b1e635cac9a
  5. Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x: Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x Tired reboot, factory reset, etc 1266069e-56cf-42c3-9ed7-7ba3fff8186a
  6. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  7. Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD: The problem started around 1/2 months. I was not able to download games on my external SSD. When I click on my external SSD when choosing drive to install, the window just disappear, and there...
  8. I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...: To be honest, this is starting to grow VERY frustrating. I cannot understand why on Earth am I not able -in this age- to play a game I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY because some very weird issue keeps...
  9. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  10. Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490: I just got a new laptop, and went to download games from the Xbox app. However, the app will not install. I get a message saying that "there was an error. please try again later." It will...