I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...

Discus and support I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a brand new computer running Windows 10. This new computer has a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation and I have run all the updates for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HandyDegree5092, Aug 11, 2022.

1. I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...

Hello, I have a brand new computer running Windows 10. This new computer has a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation and I have run all the updates for Windows. I cannot install any games that require Administrator approval (using the Xbox PC app) even though I have a Game Pass. Games that require Administrator approval will not install nor will they run. I have spent 2 days searching for work-arounds and have tried "everything"

The first game I have tried is Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is the main purpose of this new PC build. I have tested installing OTHER games using the XBox PC app, and run into the same problem, for every game that requires Administrator Approval. Games like "Solitare" install and run perfectly fine.

On my OTHER computer, also running Windows 10, I can sign in to the XBox PC app and do not have this problem. I CAN play MS Flight Simulator on my other PC.

When I am in the XBox app and try to install a game, it downloads to 99% or even 100%, then I get an error. (Error 0x80073cf73) or (0x803FB107).

At this point, I have downloaded STEAM and am "this close" to simply giving up on using the XBox PC App and purchasing the game(s) through Steam.

Below I have listed all of the things I've tried to do to fix this issue:

Since I downloaded and can run MS Flight Simulator on my other PC using the XBox app, this might have something to do with my new PC and its settings, or something. It seems like the only thing I have NOT done is a complete Windows 10 Repair, or even a Full Reinstall of Windows on this new PC and start over. But at this point, I am so frustrated at Microsoft/XBox for this issue, that I am leaning towards purchasing the game through Steam, and forgetting all about the XBox PC App.

I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried... [​IMG]

I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried... [​IMG]

:)

HandyDegree5092, Aug 11, 2022
  2. JasonEllis3 Win User

GamePass PC : Error 0x80070020 when trying re-install game

Many people have the problem where they cannot install any game that "requires administrator approval". I dont know if they consider this a bug or a feature in the Xbox (Beta) app.

When the xbox app goes to install a game, something prevents the standard administrator approval window from popping up to alllow the user to approve the install. After about 60 seconds, the installer times out and reports an error, as seen in the image
    posted by Fredric. If a game does not require the admin approval window popup, the installation succeeds.
  3. HuntingZibod75 Win User

Xbox (beta) Administrator approval required for installation.

Can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on the download page. How do I change this ?
    I'm getting exactly the same here. Errors on everything, Fez, Hollow Knight, etc. But games that do not require administrator approval work without fail. I'm unable to remove the KB mentioned, and have tried resetting the Windows Store, reloading the Xbox
    (Beta) app, and clearing caches. It makes no difference.

There's something very broken here.
  4. SutKoksu Win User

Error 0x00000001

I have the same problem, they show me the error 0x00000001 and write to me that "Installation requires administrator
    approval" I cannot install any game. please help quicklyI tried uninstalling applications, granting administrator
    privileges and my account also has an administrator, I searched many forums and found no answer anywhere
  5. Scriptide Win User

What games are Surface/ARM compatible?

Hello, I am having the same frustrating error when trying to install Game Pass games. After doing some testing I noticed that I can install games that don't say "Administrator Approval required for installation". I think there is a bug where the app is failing to request administrator approval so it just errors and doesn't install the game.

Games such as Sea of thieves or Broken age that don't require administrator approval install fine for me.
  6. Geri M. Win User

I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried 'everything' as a work-around.

Hi HandyDegree5092,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...

1. I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried... - Similar Threads - cannot install games

2. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  3. I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc: I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 [img] c725698f-89b7-4651-adea-57caa7703bc1
  4. I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...: I have already tried antivirus uninstalling, reinstalling game services, and updating my device but nothing works. 10a3f9bd-51f8-411b-9332-8b1e635cac9a
  5. Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x: Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x Tired reboot, factory reset, etc 1266069e-56cf-42c3-9ed7-7ba3fff8186a
  6. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  7. Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD: The problem started around 1/2 months. I was not able to download games on my external SSD. When I click on my external SSD when choosing drive to install, the window just disappear, and there...
  8. I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...: To be honest, this is starting to grow VERY frustrating. I cannot understand why on Earth am I not able -in this age- to play a game I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY because some very weird issue keeps...
  9. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  10. Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490: I just got a new laptop, and went to download games from the Xbox app. However, the app will not install. I get a message saying that "there was an error. please try again later." It will...