I cannot find instant on mode

Discus and support I cannot find instant on mode in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I had problems with my series x that kept overheating and crashing on games like wolfenstein young Blood and Black ops cold War which made me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daviit, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Daviit
    Daviit Guest

Hello, I had problems with my series x that kept overheating and crashing on games like wolfenstein young Blood and Black ops cold War which made me want to change my settings from instant on to power saving which I did but after a few days I wanted to retry again instant on mode to see if there were any noticable differences during gameplay between those 2 different options but I couldn't find instant on mode in my settings and it seems to have been replaced by standby ( the name of the option has also been renamed) So basically what I wanted to know is if that happened beceause my console overheated and crashed multiple times on instant on mode or if my settings have been modified permanently for another reason.

Thank you.

Sorry for my bad English !

:)

Daviit, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Daviit Win User

Thank you very much for your quick response !
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi Daviit, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Don't worry, on the Xbox One S console that I have the same option is showing up on my end which is the standby mode. Seems like they have changed it but the information on the Xbox Support page is not yet updated.

You can check it here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Excellcium Win User

Please sort out external storage problems

I know this thread is old but I'm having the exact same problem and cannot find a fix, my external hdd continuously powers up and down for hours on end when the Xbox is in instant on mode.

The only way to stop it is to use power save mode or unplug the hdd. Neither option is acceptable really.

Has anyone found a fix yet? I'm using a Seagate 4tb expansion drive.
  5. Jooge1 Win User

My Xbox one controller won't turn on the console after a few day without turning on the system

I think all the suggested methods have been discussed earlier in the thread and at least for me those did not work.

@Mr Quimby

Here's my feedback on the issue

Does the issue occur with a different controller?

Yes

Which power mode is your console set to? Instant on mode or energy-saving mode?

Instant mode

Does the issue occur when your controller is connected with a USB cable?

No. Xbox starts just fine when USB is attached

How often does the issue occur?

When I change setting from power saving to instant mode the first boot on instant mode works OK. After that I need to manually start from the console and controller start up will not work at all. "Xbox on" voice command worked with kinect but this is not
    an option for me because finnish is not supported.

I just noticed that restart using controller worked when I shutdown the console while battlefield 4 was running. After I stopped the game before shutdown, xbox cannot be started using controller in instant mode.

Looks like something's wrong with the firmware as the issue cannot be reproduced while game is on and it works just fine on first boot after power mode change
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

How to download beta/alpha games while away from the console?

Go into settings then select the tab that has power. There you will find the option to put your console on instant on and be able to select download updates while in instant on mode. Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. I cannot find instant on mode - Similar Threads - cannot find instant

2. Xbox cannot find new modem ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cannot find new modem ip address: I just got a centurylink C4000LZ modem and my xbox 360 cannot find the ip address. I have tried rebooting and hard reboot. I don't want an ethernet cable connect. Has anyone else had this issue?...
  3. My service order was cancelled. How can I contact Microsoft as I cannot find contact...

in XBoX on Windows
    My service order was cancelled. How can I contact Microsoft as I cannot find contact...: My service order was cancelled. I sent off my new Xbox controller due to a faulty and sent it within 30 days. I am trying to contact Microsoft to find out why they have cancelled my order as there...
  4. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Hi, I'm from Turkey. Have got games pass for pc but can't see Starfield on the list hence not able to download it. Could you help me please? 074664e4-709e-4bf6-b14a-da92459740b6
  5. Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified): Hi. I've been having issues with the Xbox App. It opens alright but everytime I try to sign in a message pops up that says "We couldn't sign you to Xbox Live. SYSTEM cannot find the file...
  6. We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox: I have contacted epic games and given the following ref my son:- Xbox gamer Id Email address connected to Xbox Evidence of fortnite purchases via Xbox/microsoft account Fornite works fine and...
  7. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Why is the game missing from the store. 436cdc95-ddd4-427f-a0dc-3a542f037032
  8. Cannot find gamelaunchhelper.exe even though it's there

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot find gamelaunchhelper.exe even though it's there: It's happening to me right now with Gotham Knights and it happened as well with ninja gaiden. Not sure what to do. I've tried everything that I've seen when I google the issue. Reinstalled...
  9. Cannot complete Microsoft Solitaire Collection Klondike game of July 18, 2015 as I find it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot complete Microsoft Solitaire Collection Klondike game of July 18, 2015 as I find it...: Cannot complete Microsoft Solitaire Collection Klondike game of July 18, 2015 as I find it unsolvable. Is there a replacement? b2296790-edbe-4569-acb8-7acb278a8ec3
  10. I cannot find my ban to appeal, my account has no derogatory marks nor any past or present...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot find my ban to appeal, my account has no derogatory marks nor any past or present...: I was banned many years ago I finally got back into my account which says it’s banned, I go to the enforcement page and it has no information of why I’m banned f8687b40-4fd8-4e8d-bb0b-ce07f82b4697