I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

Discus and support I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one." in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I have the ability to change my name however I am not allowed too. Whenever I attempt to make my gamertag "", I check the avalibility and it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Edikku, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Edikku
    Edikku Guest

I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

Hi, I have the ability to change my name however I am not allowed too. Whenever I attempt to make my gamertag "", I check the avalibility and it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.". I'm unaware why this is happening, Since there isn't any profanity in my name. Is there anyway to change my name to "" without prompting the error?

:)

Edikku, Mar 5, 2022
  2. Edikku Win User

I understand that, However I've had that name on another Microsoft product, IE Minecraft.. and multiple other rated E games
  3. Edikku Win User

But there IS an E in front of it, Thats the thing.
  4. ngocphi Win User

No you didn't use the urban dictionary

It's a violations on any service

If you want use translate it's not a good word to use

Google it and it's the very first entry

It's probably because no one reported it

On their service

It's a translation of abuse in Japanese
  5. ngocphi Win User

Nope

It's not.allowed on any family service

Names are to be RATED e for everyone

Trying to hide or ask to methods t to avoid the word filter is a violation of the terms of use

You already have the name

I'd change it if I were you

It'd only take one report
  6. Nursemorph Win User

I get that, However on any other gaming service (EA games, Steam, Riot, Activision, ETC) It is allowed. And I don't understand why for Xbox it's different?
    It's possible that those services aren't as strict as Xbox and Microsoft when it comes to gameratgs, usernames etc...the entire Xbox Service is an "E for Everyone" service so the rules are much stricter...I suspect the other services aren't as strict, hence why they allow it
Thema:

1. I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one." - Similar Threads - cannot change gamertag

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...: Title says it all. I am trying to change my Gamertag on Xbox but all I get is the error "App-MissingPrerequisites clrfszx5RaunACp9jYGCsE.0.1" It tells me to try again later but I have already...
  5. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag.: [img] As you can see in the picture, even though I changed the country to Thailand already, it has an error like this. [img] 5de0c4a8-6bfd-4622-b19e-26fc6e7c912c
  6. Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error: I cannot change my xbox gamertag currently, i'm trying to change my gamertag for the first time here https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag even though the option is available, i'm stuck at the...
  7. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  8. I cannot change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag: I cannot change my gamertag, it's say Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. App-InvalidOrderData xFfXrZ6CyDA61056BV0GMs.4 2023/09/09 04:52:36 UTC...
  9. Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change: I cannot purchase the Gamertag change, this error keeps occurring please help. Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. Try that again Something happened on our...
  10. Cannot change son's gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change son's gamertag: I want to change my son's gamertag. I therefore logged into xbox.com with his Microsoft account credentials and attempted to change the gamertag in his profile. I selected a new name, which was...