I cannot change my account on xbox app or xbox game bar

Discus and support I cannot change my account on xbox app or xbox game bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As listed in the main question, I cannot change my account. I have searched thoroughly for an answer, but so far nobody's issues seem to mimic mine.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChunkyHunkMonky, Jul 6, 2022.

1. I cannot change my account on xbox app or xbox game bar

As listed in the main question, I cannot change my account. I have searched thoroughly for an answer, but so far nobody's issues seem to mimic mine. When I try to log in to my Xbox account, it will automatically sign me into the wrong account. I click switch accounts, my 2 accounts show up and I click on the one I'm trying to log into. after clicking it'll tell me I've successfully logged into the original incorrect one. It's a loop that I cannot escape until I confirm that I want to log in to the incorrect account. If I log in and then log out, the next time I log in it will continue through the same issue.

I've attempted deleting the cache, I've restarted my computer, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've reset game bar, I've tried every solution I can possibly find, I just cannot sign in to that one Xbox account.

I don't know if it's important but I cannot even add the specific Hotmail account linked to the Xbox account to my windows accounts, yet I can sign into the email in question without issue

:)

ChunkyHunkMonky, Jul 6, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

In this case, I'm sorry but the only available option I can see to you (since you mentioned you cannot link the "correct" Microsoft account with a computer account) is to create a local account on your computer and use it to download the Microsoft store apps and play on the Xbox app.

Press Win+R Keys.

Type netplwiz and press Enter.

Click Add button.

Click Sign in without a Microsoft Account. If you do not see that option, disconnect from the Internet.

Click Local account if prompted.

Type the username you want, and the password. You must also specify a hint. Click Next.

Click Finish.

Make the new local account an admin account:

Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users > Select the Account Owner Name (you should see "Local account" below the name) > Change Account Type.

Select Administrator, and then select OK.

Sign in with the new Administrator Account.

After that, please follow the steps below (the same on my first reply) while signed in with the local account:

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Game Bar > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

Restart your computer and see if you can sign in to the Microsoft/Xbox apps with the correct Microsoft account. I know this is not the fix you wanted, but I believe it is the only one available besides restoring your Windows installation, my friend.
  3. ChunkyHunkMonky Win User

Correct, the account it keeps trying to sign in on is the account I use for nearly everything, including the main account tied to my PC. I have my Xbox account tied to an old email that I only use for Xbox, meanwhile, I use the other email (the one that Xbox auto logs me into) for every other aspect of life
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, ChunkyHunkMonky. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please follow these steps and let me know how it goes:

- Click on Start > Search for Credential manager > Windows credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove. Also, remove all the XblGrts and XboxLive credentials.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Game Bar > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

Restart your computer. Open the Microsoft store first and sign in with the correct account. Then, open the Xbox app and sign in. And finally, open the Game bar and sign in.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes, please.
  5. ChunkyHunkMonky Win User

Ok, so i completed all of the tasks and restarted my computer. Upon opening the Microsoft store I was already logged in on the wrong account. I tried logging out and back in on the Microsoft store but any attempt to log into my Xbox account just cancels the log-in attempt and it doesn't log in to anything. I tried logging into my Xbox app and gamer bar but same issue as before
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Does your computer have an account (like an administrator account) with the email address of this "wrong" account or not? You just signed in on the Microsoft store with it one time?
Thema:

1. I cannot change my account on xbox app or xbox game bar - Similar Threads - cannot change account

2. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  3. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d
  4. Cannot change Primary Alias for XboxLiveFamily account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change Primary Alias for XboxLiveFamily account: I am trying to update the primary alias on my Microsoft account. Microsoft does not allow this for this type of account, an XboxLiveFamily account. Instead, I am given the message "Your...
  5. Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account: Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account. Any idea how to get in touch with support and actually speak to someone? 37436d96-f09e-4530-91da-a8db9d74c64a
  6. CANNOT change password on account

in XBoX Accessibility
    CANNOT change password on account: I am SO frustrated with this platform. Son has an Xbox Series X (which was upgraded from the S...which was upgraded from the One, which was upgraded from the 360...which was upgraded from the...
  7. Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.: Hello, i'm chip and i'm in need of some help. Last night i tried to log into my account with my usual email, only for it to show "An account with the specified username could not be found. Try...
  8. I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...: So I have a minecraft account linked to a microsoft account which is connected to my previous email. Recently i was asked to log in again in the launcher for some reason, i put in the email and...
  9. My account has been hacked they changed my email and password and i cannot log in anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked they changed my email and password and i cannot log in anymore.: The email of the person that hacked me is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 364ed496-8faa-4c23-a0db-437286d73d68
  10. Cannot change login account on Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change login account on Xbox App: When I am trying to sign in to a different account on the Xbox app, and I click the button "Not you? Sign in with a different account", the app does not take me to a page to input my new login...