I cannot add anyone to my family safety account.

Discus and support I cannot add anyone to my family safety account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I cannot add anyone to my family safety account. It started a couple of days ago when I could not give any screen time to my son on the Xbox. I hard... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by mrlyingman, Jan 21, 2023.

1. mrlyingman
    mrlyingman Guest

It started a couple of days ago when I could not give any screen time to my son on the Xbox. I hard reset the consol—same thing. I removed and re-added his account from Family Safety. Nothing.

Now, I cannot add anyone without getting an error message to try again later. I've attached an example screenshot.
    I cannot add anyone to my family safety account. [​IMG]

After going on Microsoft chat for a long time, they gave me a case number and said they would get back to me. Then they sent me this email with the following instructions:

" I have received an update from our Dedicated Team and they advise to create a new parent account and add your child's account after since there's no changes after all the troubleshooting process."

Now, I tried to create a new parent account, but the same issue presents itself. Any help?

I am starting to regret buying Microsoft products!

:)

mrlyingman, Jan 21, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps, this is an intermittent issue so kindly give it time and wait within 24-72 hours before attempting to add a family member again.
  3. mrlyingman Win User

I have tried all these steps repeatedly. Still unable to add anyone without an error message appearing.
  4. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It may be possible that there is an emerging issue with the Family Settings page. Kindly try the steps below to add a family member;

To add someone to your family group:

1. Go to family.microsoft.com.

2. Sign in with your Microsoft account (parent/adult account), then select Add a family member.

3. Select Member.

4. Enter an email address or phone number for the person you want to add, then select Send invite.

Note: If the person you're adding is already part of another family group, they'll first need to be removed from that family group, or they'll need a new Microsoft account for your family group.

5. Have the person you invited accept your invitation from the email or text message they receive. Or, in the Notifications section, select Accept now next to Pending member. You'll be signed out so the person you're trying to add can sign in to their account and accept the invitation.

If it still doesn't work, try the steps on this link; https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf....
  5. Rostom L Win User

Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

Hi there! I am sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. Let's see what we can do about that here.

Just to set your expectation, since this is a community, we don't have the tools here to access your accounts.

Have you already checked your children's accounts by signing in their accounts to https://family.microsoft.com/ if they're currently part of a different family group?

I also suggest that you sign in your main account to https://family.microsoft.com/ website if you'll be able to add their accounts. You could try to use a different devices or internet browsers to access the website.

Let me know how it will go.

Kind regards,
  6. Rostom L Win User

Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

I understand your situation. I know how frustrating this must be and I would feel the same way if I were on your situation. Based on the issue you're experiencing, it seems to be a server-side issue. As much as I would love to help here, I can only do so much about it.

We have two options. First, you may instead wait and try it again at a later time. Second, you may contact back the Microsoft/Xbox Support team and tell them to have your case escalated to the higher ups for further investigation. To get into the right support channel, follow the guide below:
    Go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us > Click on Contact us > choose Subscription & billing > choose I don't recognize a charge > describe your issue > click Next > click See contact options > then choose Chat online. You should be able to get an Xbox Support agent to assist you.

Kind regards,
Thema:

1. I cannot add anyone to my family safety account. - Similar Threads - cannot add anyone

2. I keep getting the error message 'cannot use this alias' when I try to add my phone number...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting the error message 'cannot use this alias' when I try to add my phone number...: When I've tried to redeem Xbox rewards, I've been asked to add a mobile number to my account. After following all of the steps I get the message saying that I 'cannot use this alias'. I have:...
  3. How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S): This is a problem I've been having for a long time. Basically, anytime I try to invite someone to a game and they are not on my friends' list, they always get an error message upon trying to join...
  4. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  5. Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass: I'm trying to sign up for XBOX game pass, but I can't change the country/region when doing so. I'm not in the US, and Game pass is available in Norway. The drop-down menu to change the...
  6. Cannot add money to account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add money to account: I have 2 accounts for my kids. I added money to one child’s account but cannot add to the other. Keeps saying to contact support. Have tried for 2 days with no help. Has this been experienced and...
  7. I cannot purchase a "add-on" for a game because the store is bugged saying I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot purchase a "add-on" for a game because the store is bugged saying I already own it...: Hello, I attempted to buy a DLC for a game (farming simulator 22 to be specific) and I was unable to do so because the store thinks I already own the DLC. I never bought the DLC and I checked my...
  8. I cannot add a new account to my Xbox after restarting it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add a new account to my Xbox after restarting it: Recently I’ve been having problems loading up Fortnite I found how to fix it by restarting my Xbox in system after I did that I forgot to save old settings from my “old” Xbox I tried to restart it...
  9. Cannot add a new alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add a new alias: I am trying to add a new alias to this account from an email that was previously a Microsoft account. I have closed that account in order to use the email as an alias on this one yet I'm still...
  10. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...