I cannot access my old Xbox account linked with my Minecraft account.

Discus and support I cannot access my old Xbox account linked with my Minecraft account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had accidentally created a new Xbox account with the same email address I used to migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft. Every time I login into... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by OutLost8906, Dec 29, 2022.

1. OutLost8906
    OutLost8906 Guest

I had accidentally created a new Xbox account with the same email address I used to migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft. Every time I login into Minecraft with Microsoft the new Xbox account loads up without my Minecraft account linked to it. My old Xbox account now longer exists that had my Minecraft account connected to it. When I try to login into Minecraft without Microsoft it tells me that my account has already been migrated. In the second screenshot it shows that I had been migrated, the same Microsoft email address as my new Xbox account. I have already contacted Mojang support which they told me to contact Microsoft support. I couldn't find anything that could help me with this issue. In the third screenshot below shows proof of my old Xbox account in the top already connected to my Minecraft account. The active Xbox account is the new one I had created (both made with the same email address).

I cannot access my old Xbox account linked with my Minecraft account. [​IMG]

:)

OutLost8906, Dec 29, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi OutLost8906,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you are having trouble with your email address of Xbox account and the email that you use to migrate Minecraft/Mojang account to Microsoft account. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

1. How did you migrate your account?
    2. What advise did Mojang support say?
    3. What other troubleshooting have you done so far?
    4. Have you tried changing the email address?
    Here is the article on how to migrate Minecraft account to Microsoft account. How to Migrate Your Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account – Home (minecraft.net). Take note that once migrated, you cannot undo it anymore.

[​IMG]

Another helpful article for you to check and take into consideration especially that you are now migrated, Microsoft Account Migration Issues and FAQ – Home (minecraft.net)

If you wish to change your Microsoft account email/alias so that you will not use the old Microsoft or email account you may follow the steps on this article Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account | Xbox Support.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi OutLost8906,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Yuva Odedra Win User

Minecraft showing as not bought

i do not have access to my old laptop but i took a picture of the email and xbox account linked to my minecraft account and it is this email
  5. iTsFx Win User

I was having problems with my account so I signed in with a new Microsoft account now I can't get back onto my old one on minecraft. I am on ps5.

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

If you signed in with a new Microsoft account on your PS5, you will not be able to access your old Minecraft account that was linked to your previous Microsoft account.

To access your old Minecraft account, you will need to sign in to your PS5 with your old Microsoft account credentials. If you cannot remember your password, you can try to reset it using the Microsoft Account Recovery page.

If you are still unable to access your old Minecraft account, you may need to contact Minecraft support for further assistance. They may be able to help you recover your account or link your new Microsoft account to your old Minecraft account.
  6. Usman Ahmad1 Win User

What would happen to my Minecraft account if I deleted the Microsoft account assigned to it?

I think you misunderstood, my Microsoft account still owns my Minecraft account, however, my Xbox account is also linked to my Microsoft account. Whenever I try to login and access my Minecraft account, it automatically signs me into my Xbox, which does not have the Minecraft account. It's still linked to the email, but my Xbox account is stopping me from getting into the account.
Thema:

1. I cannot access my old Xbox account linked with my Minecraft account. - Similar Threads - cannot access old

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  4. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  5. I have an Xbox Account that I cannot access my old contact information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an Xbox Account that I cannot access my old contact information.: I am having issues accessing my old xbox account. i cannot reach support, the account is locked, and I do not have my contact information any longer. May sound skeptical, but I have more than...
  6. Cannot access my old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access my old account: I'm going mad here I just discovered I have an old Microsoft/Xbox account from decades ago, linked to a now deactivated email address. The problem is, this old account is using my Gamertag! I...
  7. Cannot access old email address to reset password.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access old email address to reset password.: My son has an Xbox one and is trying to get online with Fortnite. The game is saying permission is blocked and the only email address it displays is an old one that i cannot access anymore. How...
  8. Cannot access old gamertag!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot access old gamertag!: Hello everyone, I just recently bought an Xbox One off of my friend after getting rid of an old one last summer. On the old Xbox One, I had a gamertag, along with some gamer score and a list of...
  9. Cannot access Xbox Live with old Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot access Xbox Live with old Gamertag: When I first tried to login to my Xbox 360 with DrawnCloth47143 I received the error Microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile Tried to change gamertag failed. Cannot...
  10. Old account still billing me but cannot access it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old account still billing me but cannot access it: I have an old account that i thought got banned,got a new box and new account. Got billed for the old but have no idea what the email or password are anymore. The only info I have is the gamer...