I cancelled my gamepass a while back, but after i buy games it won’t let me play them and...

Discus and support I cancelled my gamepass a while back, but after i buy games it won’t let me play them and... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I buy games and install them without having gamepass, i try to play them and it says i need to have gamepass. i don’t know what to do.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ashe E, May 17, 2023.

1. Ashe E
    Ashe E Guest

I cancelled my gamepass a while back, but after i buy games it won’t let me play them and...

When I buy games and install them without having gamepass, i try to play them and it says i need to have gamepass. i don’t know what to do.

:)

Ashe E, May 17, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I cancelled my gamepass a while back, but after i buy games it won’t let me play them and it says i have to buy gamepass. why? and how do i fix it?

Without knowing what games you're discussing, and what subscriptions you still have, we can't know.

Online games require you to have either Xbox live gold or game pass ultimate to play them

Sometimes games that were on Game Pass when you canceled your subscription will retain the markers for Game Pass and must be reinstalled
  3. OpticRJames Win User

I cancelled my gamepass a while back, but after i buy games it won’t let me play them and it says i have to buy gamepass. why? and how do i fix it?

Hi, Ashe. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please check if you have completed transactions for the games you are trying to play. You can check it through your account's order history from this link, https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.

If it's completed there, please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.

If the transactions are not completed, it means that the game is part of the Game pass catalog which requires you to have an active subscription in order to play the games.
  4. xPaM tHe MaNx Win User

New type of subscription ... Rate the idea ...

I think gamepass is and will always be the best buy. I mean even if you could only choose 5 games from that 100+ games it still would be a bargain for the current price. I mean if you buy a new game,after a while you get bored and no longer play that game.That
    is why with gamepass you don't loose anything when you cancel your subscription
  5. bowski477 Win User

If I bought game pass will I get free games

If you purchase Gamepass you will have access to download and play any of the titles in the gamepass library while you are a subscriber. If you cancel or let the subscription expire, you will lose access to those games. You will not own them.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-pass/games
  6. Monkey7002 Win User

Which game pass does Forza horizon five need to play ?

I have Game Pass code but my Forza horizon 5 won’t let me play it only through regular game pass for some reason
    Im pretty sure they removed it from the gamepass unfortunately
Thema:

1. I cancelled my gamepass a while back, but after i buy games it won’t let me play them and... - Similar Threads - cancelled gamepass while

2. Can't play Dead by Daylight after I cancelled my suscription to GamePass Ultimate, even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Dead by Daylight after I cancelled my suscription to GamePass Ultimate, even...: I used to have GamePass Ultimate, but since I didn't really played that many games, I cancelled my suscription and purchased my games on black friday. And all the other games work fine, except...
  3. starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?: I like Starfield. A lot. But I don,t need the aggrivation. There is no error message. XBox X just dumps Starfield from the load last save screen to the Xbox dashboard. Started a few days ago. I am...
  4. How can I cancel gamepass subscription when I’ve been locked out my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I cancel gamepass subscription when I’ve been locked out my account?: Locked out of my account, can’t recover it because it’s connected to my old phone number. Lost all my digital possessions, saved game files and gamer score from the last 20 years. Can’t cancel my...
  5. Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why.: This may sound extreme, but I've just cancelled my Gamepass Ultimate sub in protest at the invasive and intrusive advertising on my Xbox dashboard. I was actually surprised how, well, hurt and...
  6. If i cancel the Xbox Gamepass Ultimate subscription will my Claud Gaming saves be deleted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i cancel the Xbox Gamepass Ultimate subscription will my Claud Gaming saves be deleted?: So i justs subscribed to the Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. And i wonder what happens when i cancel the subscription for a month and then resubscribe to it. Will my Cloud Gaming saves be there or will...
  7. Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC): Trying to download Just Cause 4: Reloaded. Noticed it was stuck at 0% when trying to resume or cancel the installation it would be stuck in the queue or perpetually canceling. Already tried most...
  8. How do I cancel my Gamepass Ultimate subscription if I am unable to access my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I cancel my Gamepass Ultimate subscription if I am unable to access my account?: I play on PC and bought the gamepass ultimate subscription. I tried logging in the other day and was unable to because of my password. I tried changing my password a couple times but each time I...
  9. How do I cancel a gamepass subscription on pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I cancel a gamepass subscription on pc?: I have tried so many times and it does never let me unsubscribe and when I go to the manage page it says to subscribe again for 1 dollar, I don't know what to do and I have had so much trouble...
  10. Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC): Resume and cancel buttons do nothing, issue is same as listed here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/not-able-to-resume-download-or-even-re-download-game-on-xbox-game-pass-for-pc.3733379/...