I cancelled a download and lost the game and it took my storage with it

Discus and support I cancelled a download and lost the game and it took my storage with it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So on my PC I was downloading Forza Horizon 5 and I hopped off for the night and I paused the download and shut off my PC and when I hopped on the next... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LukeCruikshank, Nov 26, 2021.

1. I cancelled a download and lost the game and it took my storage with it

So on my PC I was downloading Forza Horizon 5 and I hopped off for the night and I paused the download and shut off my PC and when I hopped on the next day the game was completely gone and it still took 100gigs of space on my pc and I deleted GTAV for it and I thought that maybe it redownloaded but it was still deleted and I couldn’t redownload Forza Horizon 5 because I didn’t have enough space so if anyone can tell me how to get my 100gigs back that would be great

:)

LukeCruikshank, Nov 26, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. If you want to continue the download you were doing, you will probably be able to resume it by following the instructions below, rest assured this will not take up more space on your HD or SSD.

1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.

2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.

3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.

4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

- If that works, the download will probably pick up where it left off.

If you want to remove the files, you will need to access the WindowsApps folder and find the folder named Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.410.860.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

The folder name may be different for you, as they are encrypted files, the folder has 101 GB so you will find it arriving at the properties if the name is different.

To access the WindowsApps folder you will need some privileges and they are granted following the instructions in the article below.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsap...

- Take care when performing any procedure from the link above, as they are solutions offered by third parties.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you.
  3. FirstGameBasisgameba Win User

Hi what file will it be
    [​IMG]
  4. AlanInhalesKush Win User

Cancel xbox live arcade purchase.

Yeah I wanted to cancel my gta 5 download cuz it took so long but oh well atleast it's a good game
  5. maxen Win User

download trouble

Hi there

The reason the download cancelled is that when you start a download in-game you need to keep the download progress page open otherwise it cancels.

However, all is not lost. The download cancelling does not mean you cannot restart it.

Dependent on how long the download was going on before you inadvertently cancelled it, go to Settings/System/Storage,find the partial file and delete it.

From the Dashboard go to Settings/Account/Download History and the content will be there (top of the list if your most recent purchase). Click A on the content then Download Again.

When you download from here you, a) are not charged and b) can close the download progress screen without encountering any problems.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Downloading a game straight to an external drive?

When I tried downloading one of my old arcade games from my DL history, there was no option to change the storage device as far as I could see. But there is another way to do it.

1. Choose something to download from the Xbox 360 Store (something free like a demo).

2. Add what you really want to download to your queue.

3. Go to your downloads queue. Select the second item that should be still pending. Follow the information on the screen to change the download storage device.

4. Cancel the first download.

When the first download is cancelled, the second item begins to download and since you changed the storage location, it will now download to there instead of the default storage device.
Thema:

1. I cancelled a download and lost the game and it took my storage with it - Similar Threads - cancelled download lost

2. Disk space all taken up even though i cancelled a download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk space all taken up even though i cancelled a download.: So i was downloading sea of thieves and when it was on 90% done downloading i decided i didnt want it anymore so i cancelled the down, but it is still taking up my disk space, and i cant download...
  3. I cant cancel a Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant cancel a Download: I tried to pre-download the game City Skylines 2. The Download got stuck at approx 21% so i have tried to cancel it. But the problem i have now is that the cancel Download button doesnt work...
  4. I ordered this game forza motorsport 7 but when i pressed cancel downloading it is all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I ordered this game forza motorsport 7 but when i pressed cancel downloading it is all...: Dear microsoft ! I ordered this game forza motorsport 7 but when i pressed cancel downloading it is all gone, vanished, not showing in the library ! How can I put it back again ? Sandor...
  5. My Xbox store app was downloading and I pressed cancel installation and now it won’t start....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox store app was downloading and I pressed cancel installation and now it won’t start....: My store was doing the glitch where it re downloads every time you open it. I cancelled the down load and now it won’t open 0e9f022a-8891-4a0f-8fdc-78bc4109b884
  6. Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?: i try to pre-install Payday 3, and the download show error at 7% so i try to redownload it. but when i try to redownload it, it start at 7% and stuck at 0 b/s and cannot be canceled. i already try...
  7. Why was my pre-ordered game canceled when time to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was my pre-ordered game canceled when time to download: Pre-word the new basketball game in July with a debit card and it says it was not purchased now why 2d03434a-6a56-4b25-a8be-b49535f6ab76
  8. My game is stuck in an endless download and i can't pause it nor cancel it, how do i fix it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game is stuck in an endless download and i can't pause it nor cancel it, how do i fix it...: I tried downloading aragami 2 and dead space, thinking it would cause trouble because one is on the EA app i paused aragami, when dead space finished downloading i got pack to aragami but the...
  9. unable to cancel a game download stuck at %0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to cancel a game download stuck at %0: Hi Im unable to cancel a game download (A Plague Tale: Innocence) stuck at %0, I click the 'x' icon, select cancel and it just flashes briefly but remains stuck at downloading %0. I'm on windows...
  10. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...