I canceled auto-renew for gold, but then it auto-renewed

Discus and support I canceled auto-renew for gold, but then it auto-renewed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Pretty much what the title says. I canceled auto-renew a week or two ago. It appeared to work and it said gold would expire on January 15th.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kippswanson, Dec 28, 2015.

1. kippswanson
    kippswanson Guest

Pretty much what the title says. I canceled auto-renew a week or two ago. It appeared to work and it said gold would expire on January 15th. Something must have gone wrong though, because last night it auto-renewed and charged $9.99.

I've removed the payment method, so this won't be happening again, but can I get this charge reversed?

:)

kippswanson, Dec 28, 2015
  2. CamarisX
    CamarisX Guest
    HELP My Xbox bought a 1 month gold subscription automatically, even though i had it set not to auto renew.

About a month ago i bought a one month gold membership, when it asked me if i wanted it to auto renew i said no.

yesterday it not only auto renewed my gold membership, but it charged me $20 instead of the $10 a one month membership costs.

so what i want is a full refund, my gold membership canceled, and my auto renew turned off like it's supposed to be.

CamarisX, Dec 28, 2015
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Turn off auto renewal or cancel Xbox LIVE membership

How to turn off auto renewal

It is recommended that you cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership using the option of turning off automatic renewal. If auto renewal is "off", your membership will expire at the end of its current term.

Steps to follow:

1) If you are not already signed in, click Sign In at the upper right hand corner and sign in using your Microsoft account.

2) Proceed to My Account.

3) Click Change next to automatic renewal. Change the setting to OFF

You will be able to continue enjoying all the benefits of Xbox LIVE Gold Membership until your paid membership time expires.

Note:

If you want to cancel or disable your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership immediately, you should contact Xbox support. Use the Request a Call from Support option on the official Xbox Contact Us page. Your account cannot be canceled through chat or email.

If you disable your account immediately, you will lose the time remaining on your membership subscription.

If you are on a 2 Year Xbox LIVE Gold Contract, and you want to cancel before the end of the 2 years, you will be charged an Early Termination Fee and other applicable taxes. Once the two-year agreement period is over, your account will not be renewed automatically.

You can cancel the 2 Year Xbox LIVE Gold Contract using the option of self-cancel your subscription on Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Smwutches, Dec 28, 2015
  5. MaximumExtreme Win User

Billed for Free Trial

Sorry to hear about the problem your having. To cancel auto renewal click on this link and it will guide you through the steps.support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

Might I also suggest removing payment option on your account. This might help with the auto renewal too if it keeps renewing.
  6. MB5656 Win User

Account has Been suspended. Need help!

yes you can cancel auto renewal go here:

support.xbox.com/.../renew-xbox-live-gold-account

hope that helps :)
  7. SOME NAME 2401 Win User

Refund for Game Pass + How to cancel subscription/turn off auto-renewal & recurring billing.

To cancel auto-renewal you need to go too the xbox website then go too payment and billing find Xbox game pass then turn off auto renewal on the game pass

then it should cancel your auto renewal.
  8. THEOWENKILLER Win User

big problem need help

support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

Turn off auto renew.
  9. RarelyFunny Win User

Auto renewal

Also, if I have canceled auto-renewal why can't I remove the credit card that is used for auto-renewal?
Thema:

1. I canceled auto-renew for gold, but then it auto-renewed - Similar Threads - canceled auto renew

2. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  3. Couldn’t Cancel Auto Renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Couldn’t Cancel Auto Renew: I subscribed to Xbox Gold 1-month & Game Pass trial thinking I was gonna cancel auto-renew on both. Skip to 3 days before Game Pass ends I go to “Services & Subscribtions” but I get a “Server...
  4. xbox live auto renew cancel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox live auto renew cancel: I would like to cancel my xbox live gold subscription which expires on the 1st of December 2015, I will be renewing manually at a later date, please contact me on how to do this....
  5. Couldn’t Cancel Auto Renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Couldn’t Cancel Auto Renew: I subscribed to Xbox Gold 1-month & Game Pass trial thinking I was gonna cancel auto-renew on both. Skip to 3 days before Game Pass ends I go to “Services & Subscribtions” but I get a “Server...
  6. Cant cancel xbox live auto renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant cancel xbox live auto renew: Hello, I recently bought a xbox live gold card to extend my subscription and chose to turn on auto renew to get 1 month free. I then decided to turn it off but each time I try I get an error...
  7. Cancel Auto Renew Xbox Live Doesnt Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancel Auto Renew Xbox Live Doesnt Work: Hello I have tried and tried and tried with every web browser to cancel my Xbox Live Gold. I cancelled my EA Access perfectly. But when I clicked on Cancel Renew. It has a page where you click on...
  8. the auto renew and errors xbox gives when you try to cancel them

in XBoX on Consoles
    the auto renew and errors xbox gives when you try to cancel them: i really hate the auto renew on xbox because i was charged an extra amount because you cant cancel anything on the xbox well i couldn't and when i went to the website to do so i would always get...
  9. Can't cancel my auto renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cancel my auto renew: and now you've taken £40! Your system will not send me the code to my phone to allow me to cancel my subscription. PLEASE CANCEL THIS I HAVE NOT USED MY XBOX FOR A YEAR! Answer your god dam...
  10. Xbox won't let me cancel auto-renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't let me cancel auto-renew: Hi all. I went to My Account, Subscriptions and turned the automatic-renew off, and it said I have XBL Silver. But upon arriving at the My Account page, under the subscription box, it says it's...