I can`t change my Strict NAT type

Discus and support I can`t change my Strict NAT type in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Iv`e tried UPNP,DMZ,Port forwording, to change my NAT type from Strict to Open but nothing seem to be working. iv`e gone through the guide to change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iDenDooDle, Dec 26, 2015.

1. iDenDooDle
    iDenDooDle Guest

Iv`e tried UPNP,DMZ,Port forwording, to change my NAT type from Strict to Open but nothing seem to be working.

iv`e gone through the guide to change my NAT type but still no success.

Is there anything else i can do?

:)

iDenDooDle, Dec 26, 2015
  2. B3stOfBoth
    B3stOfBoth Guest
    NAT Type

I have a strict NAT type and i have AT&T Internt how do I change my NAT type?? Im on xbox one and its a wireless connection..

B3stOfBoth, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Obsessive Power, Dec 26, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Please provide the following information on you configuration and we will try to help you resolve the issue.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?:

Wired or Wireless (for each console):

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown:

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?:

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider):

{Parity}, Dec 26, 2015
  5. iDenDooDle
    iDenDooDle Guest

Israel

Modem brand & model number

:Hotbox2,EGCI421-00 ME HD

1 Xbox One

Wired

Things you have tried:

DMZ, Port Forwarding, Port Triggering

Enabled

Strict,

No, but my Status Code is 0x4000000000

HOT

iDenDooDle, Dec 26, 2015
  6. Never heard of that router , you need to reset it to factory defaults though as all the stuff you did plus the upnp may be confusing it , if upnp is enable (and all other things you did are un done) that is all it should need ...your isp may already have
    you behind a layer of NAT , I would call them and ask if you have a public or private ip address , also I would ask them if they can put that hot box in "bridge mode" which will disable all the settings EXCEPT the modem functions , that should let everything
    pass straight through , if you plug the xbox straight up to a modem only and its still strict , then that's on your isp's end...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 26, 2015
  7. you can check your ip address yourself if you follow this...

Do you have a public or private IP address?

1.Sign in to your router settings.

2.Access either the status page or WAN settings page.

3.Verify or record the WAN or Internet IP address.

4.On your computer, go to the What Is My IP Address site or the IPmarker site to verify your public IP address.

5.Compare this IP address to the one that you recorded from your router in step 3.

If the IP addresses match, then your router is being assigned a public IP address and open NAT should be possible. If the IP addresses do not match, then your ISP is supplying you with a private IP address and open NAT will not be possible under the current
    configuration

8. iDenDooDle
    iDenDooDle Guest

Ok so iv`e checked and i have a Public IP adress, and your`e saying that if i leave the UPNP on and disable DMZ and the ports, my NAT should change?

iDenDooDle, Dec 26, 2015
  9. I'm saying that it if its a good router , UPNP is the only thing you should need to do...you still may want to try "bridge mode" if your isp will let you (sometimes this option is blocked on isp equipment and THEY have to do it on their end) ....I would
    "Restore to factory defaults" on the router first though , that will undo what ever was done ...upnp should be enabled by default...

10. iDenDooDle
    iDenDooDle Guest
    I reset to factory deafults, but Bridge Mode seems to disable my internet altogether.

Even after i reset all the settings, I am still getting Strict NAT

iDenDooDle, Dec 26, 2015
  11. "bridge mode" is supposed to disable everything but the main or #1 port on the router , making it a passthrough modem only , no other ports or no wi fi , you plug the xbox ONLY into that main port just as a test , if it works like that and nat is open
    , you know the router part of your device is your problem , if nat is still strict at the modem , your isp is doing it and you have to get with them....you need to redo the network test on the xbox once you connect it this way ...

12. iDenDooDle
    iDenDooDle Guest
    The Bridge mode didnt help, iv`e contacted my isp and they opened my ports but my NAT is still Strict, is it something to do with the Xbox itself?

If i reset the xbox, would it help?

iDenDooDle, Dec 27, 2015
  13. I can`t change my Strict NAT type

if you are in "bridge mode " and hooked straight up to the modem , and its still "strict " either the modem is controlling nat , or your isp is ...xbox dosent control nat , it only reports what you have ...

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  14. AridLizard Win User

DDos attack

Wont that make my nat type strict? Because i thought if you call them they will restrict packets from your router and make your nat type strict.
    no it won't change your NAT type.
  15. RobertBuckalew Win User

if you are in "bridge mode " and hooked straight up to the modem , and its still "strict " either the modem is controlling nat , or your isp is ...xbox dosent control nat , it only reports what you have ...
  16. iDenDooDle Win User

I reset to factory deafults, but Bridge Mode seems to disable my internet altogether.

Even after i reset all the settings, I am still getting Strict NAT
  17. {Parity} Win User

Please provide the following information on you configuration and we will try to help you resolve the issue.

Modem brand & model number:

Things you have tried:

18. RobertBuckalew Win User

"bridge mode" is supposed to disable everything but the main or #1 port on the router , making it a passthrough modem only , no other ports or no wi fi , you plug the xbox ONLY into that main port just as a test , if it works like that and nat is open
    , you know the router part of your device is your problem , if nat is still strict at the modem , your isp is doing it and you have to get with them....you need to redo the network test on the xbox once you connect it this way ...
Thema:

1. I can`t change my Strict NAT type - Similar Threads - can`t change Strict

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. If someone Hacked Your serial number What they can do With my Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If someone Hacked Your serial number What they can do With my Xbox ?: What person Can Do if they hacked your serial number? What The person can do with your serial number 02c27691-0b8b-4612-9e47-144714e70f80
  4. Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list: I only want to appear online to only 2 of my friends on my friends list without blocking them how do I do it. If not possible I would like suggest this idea. 09caca8a-b118-49d8-baaa-5f8bf5fb2c9e
  5. Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???: I got banned for saying a cuss word after being told if I did something again there would be problems and over 20 invites constantly over the course of 5 mins. 7f0e3169-635f-4ce9-9e07-faea5e064f42
  6. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  7. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  8. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  9. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  10. I can´t change my online safety and privacy Xbox settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can´t change my online safety and privacy Xbox settings.: (Sorry for any english errors) I was trying to acess the online safety and privacy Xbox account settings but everytime i go to that page it appears the "The URL may be misspelled or the page...