I can only play Java Minecraft demo version when I changed my gamertag on my Microsoft Account

Discus and support I can only play Java Minecraft demo version when I changed my gamertag on my Microsoft Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So when I changed my Microsoft gamertag and got into the minecraft launcher I could not play the full version and only demo, and I have tired logging... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Albin Skarin, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Albin Skarin
    Albin Skarin Guest

I can only play Java Minecraft demo version when I changed my gamertag on my Microsoft Account

So when I changed my Microsoft gamertag and got into the minecraft launcher I could not play the full version and only demo, and I have tired logging out and in but it doesnt seem to work. It changed from KamikazeDuck#681 to KamikazeDuck#987. and I think something went wrong when I changed and now I cant play minecraft java full version. Im in dire need of help

:)

Albin Skarin, Jul 31, 2022
  2. StageCoa11 Win User

After migrating Mojang account to Microsoft, it is gone

I am logging into Minecraft Java Edition with the Microsoft account that I migrated my Mojang account to, and instead of being a full/paid version of Minecraft, it is only offering me to play the Minecraft "demo" version.
  3. Albin Skarin Win User

Hi, I have migrated my account to microsoft, and when I log into minecrafts webside it says that I dont own it, but I have owned it with the same account for years. When I changed my gamertag, and logged out and in with the same account it said I could only play the demo version of minecraft.
  4. kacper8psg Win User

Lost access to Minecraft Java

I said in the first message that when I log in with microsoft account I don't have access to Minecraft Java, only demo version. My microsoft account only has bedrock edition and the original mojang account seems to be lost.
  5. sharonm3141 Win User

Can only access minecraft Java Demo despite multiple purchases

It is all the same email. I can sign in to the Microsoft account without issue. The issue is that it doesn't shoe a purchase of java minecraft. I can play minecraft for windows with that account without issue. Just not the Java version. There is no error message, but I only have access to the demo. The account is secured with my phone number.

Perhaps we can explore why I have windows minecraft but not Java minecraft. Articles indicate that I should have access to both.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really strange, just in case
    If you have more than one email, did you check on each one?

If not, you already tried the previous link. Right?
Thema:

1. I can only play Java Minecraft demo version when I changed my gamertag on my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - play Java Minecraft

2. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  3. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  4. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  5. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  6. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  7. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  8. Minecraft Java Problems, Can't Play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Problems, Can't Play: I recently bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition but I can only play Bedrock, every time I go to play Java it says that I must buy it again in order to play. How do I fix this without having...
  9. Bought Minecraft Bedrock and Java but can Only Play Bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Minecraft Bedrock and Java but can Only Play Bedrock?: So I bought both Minecraft Bedrock and Java and can only play Bedrock. I paid for both but it won't let me play Java. Is there any way to be able to play both without paying again? I don't have...
  10. How do I right click via Xbox playing minecraft Java edition via the Geyser plugin

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I right click via Xbox playing minecraft Java edition via the Geyser plugin: The answer givin here is incorrect any other ideas Cranky, Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have question on function of controller. Right click on a mouse is to build/place....