I can only play demo on Minecraft Java, while Minecraft Bedrock is just fine.

Discus and support I can only play demo on Minecraft Java, while Minecraft Bedrock is just fine. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've been playing Minecraft for around 10 years on several consoles, and I only recently got the money to purchase a PC. I've always wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Memfir, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Memfir
    Memfir Guest

Hey, I've been playing Minecraft for around 10 years on several consoles, and I only recently got the money to purchase a PC. I've always wanted to play Minecraft Java, so I bought the Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock bundle to finally play it. I originally signed into Minecraft Launcher using my Xbox account, using email "A". I can play Minecraft Bedrock on Minecraft Launcher with email "A", but if I try to play Minecraft Java, I'm prompted to buy Minecraft Java, or buy the bundle again. I bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock bundle using email "B", which is my current email, not related to my other email that can play Minecraft Bedrock.

I'm not entirely sure what to do, I've went through and searched the internet around multiple times but I've never found a suitable fix, I think it may be due to the fact email "B" bought Minecraft, but I'm not too sure. Sorry if the answer is rhetorical, or if I just made an error, I'm not the best with this sort-of thing.

I can't really afford buying Minecraft again, even just Java by itself at the moment, hence why I'm posting this.

:)

Memfir, Feb 25, 2023
  2. Memfir Win User

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the advice!
  3. Rostom L Win User

Sure thing. Thank you too for your patience and time here in our community.

Take care!
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Since Minecraft Java Edition is on a different platform separate from games running on Windows Store/Xbox app, the licensing procedure may be different. For Windows Store/Xbox app games, you can actually share your game licenses to your other accounts as long as the account that owned all of the games are signed in to the Microsoft Store app.

In your case, Minecraft Bedrock should work since it's part of Windows Store/Xbox app games unlike Java a separate platform. The Java version may only detect the license from your account B where the original purchase happened.

For further assistance about your issue, please reach out to the Minecraft support team through here https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

why is my xbox 360 minecraft not getting any updates past the llama and llama man?

There are several different versions of minecraft. Minecraft: Java edition is PC only and can only crossplay with Java players (mac, Lenox, PC) The minecraft that doesnt have a version next to it is the play together version or more commonly called bedrock.
    Bedrock is the version that can be played across mobile, console, and PC. There are also editions that are made specifically for most consoles and even a stand alone mobile version. Examples would be Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
    These do not work with Bedrock which is just called Minecraft. Java is the most updated version of minecraft while bedrock would be right behind that one. The others I'm really not sure how often they update them if at all. Each edition of Minecraft has to
    be purchased separately. I happen to own both Minecraft: Xbox one edition and Minecraft since they released at separate times. I also have Java on my PC. As for your issue they do not have a Bedrock version on the 360.
  6. Maddie Lotters Win User

I bought minecraft Java and bedrock but it says i only got bedrock???

Hi Manuela! Yes, i paid for it today, i got the minecraft launcher from the microsoft store and purchased it from the launcher but on the microsoft store it says i have both java and bedrock. Yes i tried to update my account purchase status but it just says i only have bedrock, and i can only play the demo of java.
Thema:

1. I can only play demo on Minecraft Java, while Minecraft Bedrock is just fine. - Similar Threads - play demo Minecraft

2. my minecraft account is different and I can only play demo

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft account is different and I can only play demo: i was trying to play minecraft and i logged in but i was on a completely different minecraft account and i only have the demo please help 8197d54d-06da-4626-ba9a-0976d5db1503
  3. My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play.: About 4 years ago, my friend bought a Minecraft key from a third-party website and gave me the code to activate it. I played for around 200 hours and achieved all the achievements. Last month,...
  4. I have minecraft java and bedrock but when i go to java it says play demo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have minecraft java and bedrock but when i go to java it says play demo: [img] I have minecraft bedrock and java but with the java edition it says play demo [img] 434bb45e-5f19-479c-83f9-cb02e1dfe03d
  5. Bought Minecraft, But Show's "Play Demo" Instead Of "Play"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Minecraft, But Show's "Play Demo" Instead Of "Play": I Recently Bought Minecraft (Through Gift Code) And It Worked Fine For A Few Days, But Recently It Says "Play Demo" Instead Of "Play". For Both Bedrock And Java Editions, And Now I Can't Play My...
  6. Bought Java minecraft but all I can see is play demo due to region settings?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Java minecraft but all I can see is play demo due to region settings?: I bought the minecraft bundle which consists of java and bedrock and recently I went back to play minecraft and the java version but its telling me "There may be a problem with your account region...
  7. when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode: Split from this thread. I have the same issue, clearly states on my games on Minecraft site I own it. I owned the Minecraft for windows edition. But unfortunately its been removed from the...
  8. Question about "play demo" for minecraft java edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about "play demo" for minecraft java edition: Hello gamers, I have a question about minecraft. So I bought minecraft as windows aka Bedrock edition in 2020. And I heard a news that both java and bedrock editions are combined together and I...
  9. when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode: I used the same email to set up my xbox account as the one from my java minecraft account and now I can't access my minecraft account and when I log into it it takes me straight to my xbox...
  10. Paid for minecraft, only able to play demo

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for minecraft, only able to play demo: I payed for minecraft just around a year ago on my pc, Today I wanted to change my username and assumed since its connected to my microsoft that if I Logged out in the launcher and logged back in,...