I can only hear voice chat when mic is not plugged in controller

Discus and support I can only hear voice chat when mic is not plugged in controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I plug in my mic to my controller I suddenly are not able to hear anyone talk (I can still hear in game sounds) but when I plug it out I can hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jason Ruan1, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Jason Ruan1
    Jason Ruan1 Guest

When I plug in my mic to my controller I suddenly are not able to hear anyone talk (I can still hear in game sounds) but when I plug it out I can hear people. This also only happens on ingame voice chats. When I’m in an Xbox party i can hear with my mic plugged in. I also use a separate mic and headphone where I plug my headphone into my monitor if that helps

:)

Jason Ruan1, Mar 1, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jason!

Your headphone should be connected to your controller because your monitor is designed for game sounds only. If you plug something to your controller, it will detect that you're listening or talking through the headset that is connected to your controller where your game chat or party chat gets transferred to it.

You could try messing around with your audio settings or change your chat mixer if that helps. It may work on party alone since there's no game sounds involve.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    Under Advanced, select Additional options, and then select Chat mixer.
    Select one of the available options.
  3. JoeyVega1 Win User

Xbox Mic not working after December Update

Yes I connected them directly, controllers are up to date, I can hear audio and voice chat, same with the new headset, it's only the mic that isn't registering, I test it in party chat showing my headset is connected, it doesn't highlight when I talk even
    in game chat
  4. CuriousJazzCat Win User

Voice chat

There is in-game voice chat, but it can be hard to hear depending on your settings and how low your tv volume is. I can only hear others well if I have my mic plugged in, but I generally prefer to play without that on my head (unless I'm playing with people
    I know).
  5. Post IXI Mortem Win User

Xbox One Chat mic not working.---Help us All Out..PLease

To clarify my issue for comparison. I can hear other people with the Xbox One Chat Headset. They cannot hear me. In addition the mic icon in the Xbox Live Party Chat Menu is ALWAYS ON regardless of whether or not the mic is plugged in or the controller is
    on or off. The mic icon is ALWAYS ON.
  6. RakkaDisciprine Win User

xbox one and 360 chat

In guess is that it will still run in the background but you will still have to plug your mic into the 360 controller for voice chat.
Thema:

1. I can only hear voice chat when mic is not plugged in controller - Similar Threads - hear voice chat

2. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  3. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  4. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  5. My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.: I have been using the xbox game bar on windows 11 for quite some time now, but recently when I join a party with my friends they have been telling me my audio cuts off at random (Usually 10...
  6. I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite: Whenever i try and hear voice chat on fortnite, it doesnt work. Even party chat on xbox works. It works if i am using cloud on my laptop, and only one instance it has worked on my xbox since the...
  7. Game chat is registering my voice, my teammates can hear me but I can’t hear them. I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game chat is registering my voice, my teammates can hear me but I can’t hear them. I can...: Game chat is registering my voice, my teammates can hear me but I can’t hear them. I can hear game/footsteps but can’t hear my teammates chat 1638b392-0dab-43f8-a709-9d6ba02d9451
  8. I can't hear voice audio well

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear voice audio well: Before launching the MW3 beta, my headset audio was fine. But as soon as I launched it, my headset instantly became drastically quieter. And I could hear all audio normally, besides anything voice...
  9. Unable to hear cross-platform voices when streaming to Twitch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to hear cross-platform voices when streaming to Twitch.: Cross-platform game chat isn’t picking up when broadcasting to Twitch using my Xbox S. When playing with Xbox friends, their voices are streamed, but those on other platforms aren’t picked up. How...
  10. In gta 5 I can’t hear the voice chat but if I connect my phone by remote play I can hear it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In gta 5 I can’t hear the voice chat but if I connect my phone by remote play I can hear it...: I can’t hear voice chat in gta 5 online but if connect my phone through remote play I can hear it does anybody know how to fix that 36d49e67-6c4f-4604-acf4-f3dfb5e3acf9