I can hear players but they can’t hear me through headset mic

Discus and support I can hear players but they can’t hear me through headset mic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. We have tried an Xbox headset as well as the lucid sound LSX 10 headset and have the same problem with both. Can hear players, but cant speak to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joshlyons1, Jan 21, 2020.

1. joshlyons1
    joshlyons1 Guest

Hi. We have tried an Xbox headset as well as the lucid sound LSX 10 headset and have the same problem with both. Can hear players, but cant speak to them. We have updated the xbox, and have updated multiple controllers as indicated in other forums, but
    this has not solved the issue. Checked all the volume controls and all are up. Mic is not on mute. What else can we try.

:)

joshlyons1, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Markuss08 Win User

Check any settings you have.
  3. FlashSpirit3 Win User

I hear you are having problems (or actually that is the problem, we don't hear you).

I just want to make sure you have tried the headsets on a PC or Phone, and you have tried them just in a straight chat party. not just in a game. You can, of course, set up just a chat group or use Mixer. Ask if you want help on those, please.

Like the others, I want to blame a pesky out of the way mute/unmute button or setting. There are several spots depending on the game. Letting us know what games you are trying to chat with will help there.

There are also some further core settings. Here is an additional site https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-chat-headset with
    the last step "If others can't here you" being appropriate. I don't know if you are using a Kinect set as well. The system is supposed to switch to the headset, but that is an area to look into. Here are some more instructions https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot.

In particular I think you should look at the NAT setting https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/connection-solution . If the
    NAT is not set up correctly, it would cause the symptoms you are having matched with the troubleshooting finds so far.

Stick with going over the system settings again and then the game settings. If solve the problem, let us know. If not then with more details, we will be glad to tackle it again. I seriously doubt a hardware problem.
  4. FutureDegree7 Win User

Hey there!

Try looking at your audio In your settings and tinkering around with them and make sure that you actually have ticked to "On" in system audio settings!

Hope this helps!
  5. Ks4lyphe Win User

Is it that they cant hear you in an xbox live party? or is it a specific game like fortnite? if its a specific game, try going in the game settings and checking the mic setting, if that doesnt work reinstall that certain game. Unfortunately if its xbox
    live party And every game you have, it might be a problem with the controller you connect your headset to.
  6. aMexicanErb Win User

Hey, I would check out some of the trouble shooting areas of the
    Xbox accessory Support Page
    . It sounds like you have something possibly switched off in the settings to me.
Thema:

1. I can hear players but they can’t hear me through headset mic - Similar Threads - hear players can’t

2. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  3. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  4. Proxy chat not working in DMZ. I can only hear xbox players.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Proxy chat not working in DMZ. I can only hear xbox players.: I can only hear xbox play on proxy chat when playing DMZ. I've reinstalled the game and also I've reset my console. It only started happening a few days ago. b2c50aba-9121-4b64-9606-9bc647d5f833
  5. I can't hear other players on rainbow six siege for Xbox not even the icon will pop-up how...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear other players on rainbow six siege for Xbox not even the icon will pop-up how...: I start up my siege and I can't hear my friends when we go to game chat I don't exactly understand I've tried multiple ways to fix it and nothing actually fixes and all the help I find is for...
  6. How to I get other players to hear me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to I get other players to hear me: I have done everything possible to get other gamers to hear me. I bought a new wired headset and new wireless controller. It says my mic is working but no one can hear me. When I am playing call...
  7. Why am I unable to hear other players talking in-game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to hear other players talking in-game?: Hi, hoping someone can help troubleshoot this. Over the past year or so I’ve noticed that I don’t hear anyone speaking via game chat in any games. People I play with are able to hear...
  8. I can't see other players' messages in the chat and I can't hear them in Sea of Thieves.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't see other players' messages in the chat and I can't hear them in Sea of Thieves.: I'm having an issue with Sea of Thieves: I can't see other players' messages in the chat and I can't hear what they're saying. However, I can see that my friends on Xbox are writing in the chat,...
  9. How to dedicate headsets to Xbox consoles per player/profile/controller. If I can hear the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to dedicate headsets to Xbox consoles per player/profile/controller. If I can hear the...: We have two wireless xbox headsets connected to my console. We want to be able to dedicate each headset to each profile/controller being used. For example. My headset connected to my...
  10. Cannot hear or friend a certain player

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot hear or friend a certain player: For the last week I haven't been able to hear or friend another player while they appear offline to me. My friends can hear and friend while I cannot. I made sure that my account was on adult...