I can hear members in my party chat while playing remote but they can not hear me?

Discus and support I can hear members in my party chat while playing remote but they can not hear me? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm trying to play Xbox remote it works great. But when I join a party chat my friends can't hear me it shows I have a mic connected I'm not muted my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by MAJORMETAL911, Nov 25, 2022.

1. I can hear members in my party chat while playing remote but they can not hear me?

I'm trying to play Xbox remote it works great. But when I join a party chat my friends can't hear me it shows I have a mic connected I'm not muted my app has permissions to use microphone and audio settings my Xbox settings are correct. I've looked at others posts who have had the same question. It was recommended to go to Microsoft troubleshooting I have done that yet there is nothing that helps. Also I can be heard by my party while I'm just on the app and not remote play its only an issue when I try to remote play please if anyone has found d a fix to this it would be great thanks.

:)

MAJORMETAL911, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

I can hear members in my party chat while playing remote but they can not hear me?

Hello MAJORMETAL911,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are on remote play and is not heard by your friends on party chat. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We found this support article could be helpful - Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support, however, you might have already performed this. So, we would like to know if you are using a headphone with a microphone or just a microphone alone.

If you're in a party while playing a game and others in the party can’t hear you, you may be muted in the app. To unmute yourself:

1. While in a game, select the More options () button in the top left corner of the screen.
    2. Select the Muted icon. If the icon is highlighted or crossed out, you’re currently muted.
    If you’re using an Xbox Wireless Headset, the headset’s mute button is located on the back end of the mic attachment, on the bottom of the left earcup (when muted, the light at the end of the mic will switch off). Also check your auto-mute settings in the Xbox Accessories app. For more info, see:

Set up and configure your Xbox Wireless Headset

May we ask how is your headset or microphone connected to your device - wired or wireless (Bluetooth)? Try to check this troubleshooting - Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

What device that is remotely connected to your Xbox? Is it computer or Android or iOS?

When did this issue happen?
    Can you still recall any error message or code about your headset or microphone? Please take a screenshot and conceal any personal information.

Have you tried connecting different headset or microphone? Will issue persist?

Lastly, is your account's profile should have allowed this

[​IMG]

Please let us know any details about your concern. We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. SHAFTshifter Win User

Post if your in-game chat DOES work (not party chat).

Sometimes mine works and sometimes it doesn't. But today I was in a private party chat and I could hear game chat plain as day in my party chat while I was still hearing my party chat members. They could also hear me talking back to them in game chat somehow.
    There are some definite issues with this.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Party chat

Nope. When you're in a party, only other people in the party can hear you.

You can manually switch to game chat while remaining in the party, but unless you do that, only other party members will hear you.
  6. Icarusqt Win User

Xbox one mic stopped working

Same problem as everyone has mentioned. Mic shows I'm connected. I can hear others through it. If I turn volume up, it beeps. Mute light turns on. No one can hear me. Not in game chat while not being in a party. Not in party chat while ensuring I'm in party
    chat not game chat. Mic logo comes up that shows my mic is plugged in. My NAT is open. This is getting to be absolutely ridiculous.
Thema:

1. I can hear members in my party chat while playing remote but they can not hear me? - Similar Threads - hear members party

2. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  3. Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?: At first I had the connect as a communal microphone on the Xbox One. Recently I changed to a 3.5 mm communal mic the plugs into a splitter which splits chat and headphone sound separately and...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  6. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  7. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  8. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  9. can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset: Just. bought. Razor. Wireless. HEADSET. I. HAV SERI. X. AND. A NEW. HICENCE. TV. ICAN HEAR. BUT CANT. TALK f617d3a1-280a-462c-8059-923f90c4c9f1
  10. I have a member of the party that I am in muted in the Xbox PC app and I can still hear...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a member of the party that I am in muted in the Xbox PC app and I can still hear...: I am using the Xbox app on PC to talk to friends in a party that are playing on consoles. I have one of the party members muted as we are sitting in the same room but I can still hear him through...