I can connect my windows laptop to my android phone's wifi hotspot, but not the xbox one,...

Discus and support I can connect my windows laptop to my android phone's wifi hotspot, but not the xbox one,... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can connect my windows laptop to my android phone's wifi hotspot, but not the xbox one, it used to, but not anymore. I've turned off the xbox one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iluvit(2), Oct 20, 2022.

1. iluvit(2)
    iluvit(2) Guest

I can connect my windows laptop to my android phone's wifi hotspot, but not the xbox one,...

I can connect my windows laptop to my android phone's wifi hotspot, but not the xbox one, it used to, but not anymore.

I've turned off the xbox one and turned it back on, I've turned my phone off and on again; but my windows laptop can connect to my phone's wifi hotspot; but just not the xbox one. I've changed SSID's and passwords all sorts of things.

:)

iluvit(2), Oct 20, 2022
  2. Anuja Sinha Win User

xbox series x disconnects from internet as soon as surface pro 8 is switched on. All other devices works fine.

HI , thanks for the reply but unfortunately it did'nt work ,

I have tested with setting up a hotspot from my phone and connected my laptop (surface pro 8) and xbox to the same hotspot. Unfortunately xbox losses connectivity as soon as laptop connects to the same wifi network.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

I can connect my windows laptop to my android phone's wifi hotspot, but not the xbox one, it used to, but not anymore.

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

iluvit, if the device is not accessing the hotspot, it is probably due to access restrictions. And for the hotspot there is nothing to do, because it is a device where there are no advanced settings to do, as if it were a modem.

So I'm sorry, friend, there is no way to configure a mobile network.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Xfinity hotspot from Android to xbox

If the hotspot has a web-based authorization process you need to pass through (or a login page) upon connection to the hotspot, the Xbox cannot support that.

However, there is a workaround. You can try connecting to the hotspot with your phone, log into the webpage with your credentials, and then change the Wireless MAC address of your Xbox to the Wifi MAC of your android phone. Disconnect your Android phone
    from Wifi as soon as you get them connected so you don't get conflicts.

In the Xbox network settings, go to "Advanced Settings" and select "Alternate MAC Address" to change your Xbox's MAC.

Hope this works for you!
  5. WiCkEd SLy 80 Win User

New Smartglass app for xbox one

My android phone will connect fast but my Windows 8 laptop will not. It will show my Xbox name when it looks but when I click connect it times out and gives me an error.
  6. CoolishSeeker00 Win User

I need help for connecting to xbox live using my desktop with windows 7?

Hey Mister Cerb, how is that possible? I was able to connect to xbox live with my android phone and my dad's laptop's wifi, I did get connect to xbox live, and some of my friends are using routers to connect to xbox live, should I change my console's region?
Thema:

1. I can connect my windows laptop to my android phone's wifi hotspot, but not the xbox one,... - Similar Threads - connect windows laptop

2. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  3. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  4. Xbox controller disconnecting and re connecting Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller disconnecting and re connecting Windows 10: Hello, this is gonna be a long story but essentially about a month ago, I was having some Bluetooth problems and my Xbox controller was just disconnecting randomly from my PC and then...
  5. microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is...

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is...: Hi My microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is greyed out. A few weeks ago my microsoft rewards account got suspended and then i sent them a ticket...
  6. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  7. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12
  8. Why cant i connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10: Can someone tell me what do i need to do, when i try to connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10 it shows the same answer every time “ try again later, there seems to be a problem”. The...
  9. How to connect my fav music to my xbox 360 with my windows laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my fav music to my xbox 360 with my windows laptop?: Hi, i am trying to connect my favourite music to my xbox 360 and i have a windows laptop but i am not sure how to connect my music to the xbox 360. If u have the solution pls dm me here or my...
  10. how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?: help me figure how to connect xbox one to laptop pc? 0302c13e-70b3-455f-bc9f-2fc81b792835