I can add other people but it won't let me add a specific person

Discus and support I can add other people but it won't let me add a specific person in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm trying to add someone but it just says it can't and to try again later, none of their messages come to me and none of mine get to them so we have... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Marshall Green1, Mar 13, 2023.

1. I can add other people but it won't let me add a specific person

I'm trying to add someone but it just says it can't and to try again later, none of their messages come to me and none of mine get to them so we have no way of contacting help

:)

Marshall Green1, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Are you trying to add them using your Xbox console or Xbox App?

If on Xbox, please try using an Xbox App or on the website itself via https://xbox.com/profile.

Make sure that your privacy settings are set up correctly as well.

Go to https://account.xbox.com/settings.
  3. SugarlessAxe7 Win User

Cannot save changes when adding friends

I have been trying to add this person for almost 6 months now and it has not been working at all. I can add other people but not this person.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Won't let me add a card

You'll want to contact support and speak to billing. Http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. Fear Thy Waffle Win User

XBF3 ~ Looking for someone to play with? Look no further!

It won't let me join, but if any one has a mic and looking for people to play with, add me.
  6. x Mataeus x Win User

Adding friends should be easier

The problem here isn't with adding friends specifically, but with the notification system, which is very buggy and intermittent.

In theory, adding friends is easy: You get the notification, you press view profile, then add friend.

Or you pick a player from the recent players list, then add friend.

Or... Well you get the idea. The problem is undoubtedly with the notifications. Every morning I get two notifications: One to say [gamer] and three other people added me as a friend, and one to say [gamer] and two other people requested to join my club.

The dates are from January and March, and no matter how I clear them, they won't go away.

In the meantime, if you want to add someone specifically, I suggest obtaining their gamertag, pressing the Xbox button, going to the friends tag and selecting search for person.
Thema:

1. I can add other people but it won't let me add a specific person - Similar Threads - add won't let

2. How do I re-add my account to family safety when it won't let me send the invite?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I re-add my account to family safety when it won't let me send the invite?: I am trying to re-add my account back to family safety but it won't let me send the invite. It just says "give it another try, the invite didn't send". I tried to troubleshoot this with Microsoft...
  3. My Xbox One S won't let me add a new account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S won't let me add a new account.: I removed my account from my Xbox One S because it wouldn't log me in. I tried rebooting it several times, unplugging it while I did. I removed my account and it still wouldn't let me add a new...
  4. Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console: In trying to add my cousins add my cousins account to my xbox so I can play some of his games and every time I try to sign in I have to put the info in twice and then it gives me a infinite...
  5. Won't let me split screen or add a guest account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me split screen or add a guest account: The call of duty Black ops 2 won't let me download or add a guest account to split screen 7f9cb0d2-ac31-46e3-8866-e6ed2dbb488a
  6. Wo Long cloud says I don't have add-on content which I never purchased and won't let me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wo Long cloud says I don't have add-on content which I never purchased and won't let me...: Like the title says, I never purchased the DLC. I am only playing the game through cloud gaming, and it says I need a new save file. What is happening? [img] 21d7ed9c-f784-4680-b97f-0e9e321080b9
  7. Xbox won't let me add account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won't let me add account: When I try to add a new account it shows a white circle then switches to a green one, then goes back to the add account page. I tried this on my Xbox and my roommate just purchased a series x and...
  8. Can't login and won't let me add a new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't login and won't let me add a new account: Was in the middle of loading COD on my 1S and all of a sudden Xbox signed out and attempted to log back in and failed. When I tried to log back in it brought up a white window with a 1/2 black...
  9. Won't let him add friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Won't let him add friends: My friends xbox Series S won't let him add friends 9d8c8f06-2be9-47ea-ba48-49e6f5b77d2d
  10. I'm trying to purchase Minecraft Dungeons but Microsoft won't let me add my UK address

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to purchase Minecraft Dungeons but Microsoft won't let me add my UK address: I've set up Family Safety, so when my son requests to install Minecraft Dungeons, the alert comes to me. I can then Allow and also pay for the purchase. But in the process of paying (I chose...