I bought sea of thieves and dbd and it says I need the games pass what do I do

Discus and support I bought sea of thieves and dbd and it says I need the games pass what do I do in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What do I do if I bought the game and it says I need the game pass df3f1f44-6581-4b11-9402-0d912f78479d Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jake Collett1, Mar 25, 2023.

1. I bought sea of thieves and dbd and it says I need the games pass what do I do

What do I do if I bought the game and it says I need the game pass

:)

Jake Collett1, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that to play a paid online multiplayer game it is required to have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription, Jake. You may be asked for an Xbox Live Gold subscription or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

The reason why Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is also an option is because it includes Xbox Live Gold subscription, but will depend on you if you will just get the Xbox Live Gold individually.
  3. #knockcozy Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that to play a paid online multiplayer game it is required to have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription, Jake. You may be asked for an Xbox Live Gold subscription or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

The reason why Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is also an option is because it includes Xbox Live Gold subscription, but will depend on you if you will just get the Xbox Live Gold individually.
    I am having the same issue with dbd and I know 100% I own the game both physically and digitally. I can play other multiplayer games such as Overwatch, so I know my Xbox Live is still valid/working. Any suggestions?
  4. RockyVids Win User

Sea Of Thieves

Hi RecklessPark616,

Before we look further into this situation, do you mind telling me if you had the Game Pass on your Xbox at the time in which you could play Sea of Thieves? I believe that you may not be able to play Sea of Thieves because it is a Game Pass exclusive game,
    so you would need to have the Game Pass in order to access Sea of Thieves. I also recieved the game when I purchased my Xbox, however it would only stay on my console as long as I continued my subscription with Game Pass.
  5. Airiak Win User

Games pass and live gold confusion

Sea of thieves requires gold and game pass, unless you purchase sea of thieves, then you only need gold.
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

Sea Of Thieves Sign Out

Hello MrKermit,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. Before I try to assist, I do have a few questions.

1) Are you playing Sea of Thieves on PC or Xbox?
    2) When you previously played Sea of Thieves, was that also through Game Pass? Or was it purchased elsewhere?

3) When you originally played Sea of Thieves, was it through the same Gamertag that is now an active Game Pass subscriber?

I look forward to your response,

-Tali
Thema:

1. I bought sea of thieves and dbd and it says I need the games pass what do I do - Similar Threads - bought sea thieves

2. have not gotten ancient coins on sea of thieves that I bought - Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    have not gotten ancient coins on sea of thieves that I bought - Xbox: I bought ancient coins on sea of thieves through the game store on xbox and they have not gone through to my account. I have tried restarting my game and hard resetting my xbox but they have still...
  3. Why can I play sea of thieves even though I bought it? I thought if you bought a game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I play sea of thieves even though I bought it? I thought if you bought a game...: I bought the game and can’t play e1dd421d-a9bb-40f9-8e07-42429b66cb9e
  4. I bought sea of thieves as a disc and installed on my Xbox, but on my PC it says that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought sea of thieves as a disc and installed on my Xbox, but on my PC it says that I...: does anyone know how to fix this? ecf7d86b-10a4-47a2-8a9a-a613558cf172
  5. I bought xbox game pass ultimate and i wanted to get the Sea of thieves Perks thats...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox game pass ultimate and i wanted to get the Sea of thieves Perks thats...: Please help also i am on a age 13 under account 0d925a66-fe57-4ebe-a6ea-23fbf1707238
  6. I need to bought Sea of Thieves some time ago and now I need to buy it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to bought Sea of Thieves some time ago and now I need to buy it again: In 2019 I bought Sea of Thieves and I have played it ever since, until a week ago when I needed to renew my live subscription, I have barely heard of it and I don't know what it does. I got Xbox...
  7. I bought an add on for Sea of Thieves, but it didn't carry through, even though I paid.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an add on for Sea of Thieves, but it didn't carry through, even though I paid.: I bought an ancient coin pack for sea of theives. I own the game on steam, not xbox or microsoft. I used a microsoft gift card to purchase the coins. It said that it worked, and my money vanished....
  8. I bought Sea of thieves feom the xbox store and it says i need to buy gamepass i tried so...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Sea of thieves feom the xbox store and it says i need to buy gamepass i tried so...: I tried the power thing and then restart i loged uot and back in nothing helped 70929c1b-aff7-49d8-8184-da2510e76fc5
  9. I bought game pass ultimate but its still showing only the buy button fotr sea of thives...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought game pass ultimate but its still showing only the buy button fotr sea of thives...: Thoes anyone know what the problem is 3fab5a4b-0c23-4fce-b981-1e5e3579f46a
  10. I bought sea of thieves after my game pass expired although I own it I cant launch it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought sea of thieves after my game pass expired although I own it I cant launch it.: I bought sea of thieves shortly after my game pass expired. Now I cannot play although I spent money to buy the game if anything are refunds available??? (This is not the same account Im having...