I bought Red Dead Online standalone, and I need to pay more money to even play it?

Discus and support I bought Red Dead Online standalone, and I need to pay more money to even play it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought this game for 33$ (NZD), and I need to pay more money to play it? I didn't buy the full game, just online by itself. And I can't refund... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 0rnatus, Mar 22, 2023.

1. 0rnatus
    0rnatus Guest

I bought Red Dead Online standalone, and I need to pay more money to even play it?

I just bought this game for 33$ (NZD), and I need to pay more money to play it? I didn't buy the full game, just online by itself. And I can't refund it? So what, I've just got a title screen I paid 33$ for. That's wonderful. I understand that it says it needs Xbox Live to play, even though it's in tiny letters in the bottom of the page, but surely you should have a warning before you buy it, saying that you can't play this game if you don't pay more money? I feel scammed and I'm not sure what to do now.

Kinda pissed off about this, and I feel like it should be way more clear.

is there anything I can do?

I say I can't get a refund because I played this game a lot when it was on game pass, and got a substantial amount of hours on it, so any request would be denied.

So again, is there anything I can do here other than pay up? I really don't want to, and this whole thing just feels kinda scummy. I guess I've just got an incredibly expensive title screen.

:)

0rnatus, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi 0rnatus!

This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. I know how that feels. However, playing games online or multiplayer on consoles requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold. That is how it works for a long time already.

If you really wanted to have it refunded, try to submit a manual refund request using this form here https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

It will be reviewed manually by the Xbox team and hopefully it gets approved.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Red Dead Redemption not allowing me to play story mode.

Red Dead Online is a standalone product intended to be used by itself instead of using the disc

You'll need to install RDR 2 on its own
  4. Smwutches Win User

If I bought a game how do I get it to show on my home screen

For that price you bought Story Mode. You need Red Dead Online in order to play it.
  5. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Daylight Saveing time.

Extra online missions in red dead 2 so i can have more money for items
  6. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

Red Dead 2 Online

I loved single player so much, I even 100 percent it but when Red Dead Online first came out it was a huge disappointment to me. I haven't gone back since even though they've been updating it and adding new things. I just felt like it was too hard to get
    money and there felt like nothing to do! Wish it was more like Red Dead 1's online.
Thema:

1. I bought Red Dead Online standalone, and I need to pay more money to even play it? - Similar Threads - bought Red Dead

2. I bought red dead revolver but i meant to buy bully

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought red dead revolver but i meant to buy bully: I need the refund back please my refund was denied i need my money back to buy bully plsss refund my money so i can get bully 9dedcf09-db24-4ac7-bb42-a6595a18e24a
  3. 3 days ago i bought red dead redemption ultimate and i cant acces online on ps4 it just...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3 days ago i bought red dead redemption ultimate and i cant acces online on ps4 it just...: Hello im having trouble accesing red dead redemption online and i specially bought red dead redemption ultimate edition for this and im on ps4 4469251a-a5d9-414f-b295-3fdf33440ce3
  4. I recently bought a red dead redemption gamer picture pack. I do not know how to download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought a red dead redemption gamer picture pack. I do not know how to download...: I recently bought the undead nightmare profile picture pack for Xbox 360 on the Xbox one they are not showing up and I don’t know if I have them downloaded or not if I do not how do I check that...
  5. I bought red dead 2 story mode and online but it only allows me to play story mode and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought red dead 2 story mode and online but it only allows me to play story mode and...: I downloaded online and story mode for red dead 2 and can only play story dfcf63e3-0af7-4654-aeaf-023fab1eb3eb
  6. why is it that when i bought red dead redemption 2 from the store it wouldnt download to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is it that when i bought red dead redemption 2 from the store it wouldnt download to...: why is it that when i bought red dead redemption 2 from the store it wouldnt download to the console 26e8d1bb-8d87-48a8-a128-6336b62d819d
  7. I bought red dead redemption 2 and payed but now it says I don’t own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought red dead redemption 2 and payed but now it says I don’t own it: I downloaded it and when I tried to play it I got an error message that said I don’t own it even though I bought it. And when I went onto the Microsoft store it said I don’t own it even though I...
  8. I want to play red dead redemption two I bought but it want let me download story mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play red dead redemption two I bought but it want let me download story mode: I bought red dead redemption two and it won’t let me download so I can play with it the story mode but I see I can online version separate so how can I download my game...
  9. Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 today and can’t find it in my library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 today and can’t find it in my library: So, Today I bought RDR2 aka Red Dead Redemption 2 on myx Xbox, after I bought I tried looking for it in my library and I cannot find it there?? When I check my account payments it says that the...
  10. Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it: I can literally look at the store order from 3 months ago. I bought RDR2 and played it for about a month. Then work got busy and I didn't play for about a month and a half. When I dusted off the...