I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ...

Discus and support I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I went to the states for Christmas and got an Xbox gift card. When I got back to my home in Canada, I tried to redeem my gift card but couldn't. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XtgScoRpiOn, Oct 17, 2017.

1. XtgScoRpiOn
    XtgScoRpiOn Guest

I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ...

I went to the states for Christmas and got an Xbox gift card. When I got back to my home in Canada, I tried to redeem my gift card but couldn't. It said that the gift card was purchased in another country so it will not work. Is
    there any way that you can bypass this, or can you not?

:)

XtgScoRpiOn, Oct 17, 2017
  2. mthfkrVeaR
    mthfkrVeaR Guest
    Need help

Hello! My friend has presented me a game. We live in same country. Specified same counrty in xbox account. When I try to activate the key,it is said that the gift is sent from another country. How can I activate the key? His console is bought in another
    country . I bought xbox in country where I live , but in another city

mthfkrVeaR, Oct 17, 2017
  3. GiveMeAHug00
    GiveMeAHug00 Guest
    Xbox live gold subscription payment overdue

yes, but the problem is that my subscribtion is in another country because the gift card that I used was for another country's Xbox store, so now I can't use my credit card to pay because it's not from the country where my gold is activated and I can't subscribe
    to another gold subscribtion with my credit card in my current country becouse it says that I already have gold in another region.

It's a really f*cked up situation I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ... :D

GiveMeAHug00, Oct 17, 2017
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

purchasing/using items from a different region then the one you are or your account is connected to is officially not supported.

Changing the region might result in it working but there is no guarantee it will and could also result in other issues, so I would advise against it.

5. WPAK Win User

I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use it.

Hi there,

purchasing/using items from a different region then the one you are or your account is connected to is officially not supported.

Changing the region might result in it working but there is no guarantee it will and could also result in other issues, so I would advise against it.
  6. GiveMeAHug00 Win User

Xbox live gold subscription payment overdue

yes, but the problem is that my subscribtion is in another country because the gift card that I used was for another country's Xbox store, so now I can't use my credit card to pay because it's not from the country where my gold is activated and I can't subscribe
    to another gold subscribtion with my credit card in my current country becouse it says that I already have gold in another region.

It's a really f*cked up situation :D
  7. mohamedDR Win User

Xbox gift cards

I just Bought a 10$ gift card and found out i cannot buy xbox live gold with it unless i have a credit card

but i don`t have a credit card

can you please make that happen?

xbox live cards are not available in my country.
  8. qp ROB qp Win User

Xbox live gold 3 month redeem code

I also bought a $25 gift card and tried it but it will not let me use that it's making me put a credit card in as a backup in case my subscription runs out.but I had lost my debit card recently and ordered a new one and so I have to use another method of
    payment until I get the new card but the system will not allow me to bypass the lost card or remove it.
  9. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox gift cards

Hello btc,

We understand that you have an inquiry in regards to an Xbox gift card.

Unfortunately, buying an Xbox gift card
    in any country would mean using that currency within the same region. This is mentioned within the linked page:

• Can I send a gift card to another country?
      Gift cards are in local currency, so when you buy a gift card it will only work in the country where it was purchased

We hope that this information has helped, and we wish you the best!
Thema:

1. I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ... - Similar Threads - bought gift card

2. Anyone else just get hacked and had gift cards bought on your account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else just get hacked and had gift cards bought on your account?: Checked my bank account and saw a $50 and $30 gift card charge that was not me or anyone I knew with my account so I called support, changed my password, requested a refund and got rid of my debit...
  3. I bought a game (cyberpunk) with a Visa gift card I refunded it but I didn't get the money...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game (cyberpunk) with a Visa gift card I refunded it but I didn't get the money...: Refund didn't give me back my money but took the game 57677612-7be5-4a3a-88c8-403e6b27dc2c
  4. I bought a digital gift card for XBox from Amazon by mistake. Amazon won’t refund it, they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a digital gift card for XBox from Amazon by mistake. Amazon won’t refund it, they...: I bought a digital gift card for XBox from Amazon by mistake. Amazon won’t refund it, they have told me to contact. XBox, I have tried to get a call back to discuss on XBox but nothing happens....
  5. Hi i bought a $25 xbox gift card and redeemed it on the wrong account how can i redeem it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi i bought a $25 xbox gift card and redeemed it on the wrong account how can i redeem it...: Hi i bought a $25 xbox gift card and redeemed it on the wrong account how can i redeem it on the right account so i can use it? 50bb329d-4f77-40fc-a13a-abb83d342ebf
  6. I recently bought a 49.99 Xbox gift card, I bought a gta 5 online shark card with it and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought a 49.99 Xbox gift card, I bought a gta 5 online shark card with it and it...: I recently bought a 49.99 Xbox gift card, I bought a gta 5 online shark card with it and it is says completed in my history, but the money is not showing up on my online gta account....
  7. Redeem walmart bought roblox gift card in Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeem walmart bought roblox gift card in Xbox: I received a Roblox gift card purchased from Walmart. But the card clearly states it can be redeemed only through roblox.com. I use my Xbox One X account to play roblox and never used roblox.com....
  8. I bought a gift card and it redeemed in a different US (Guam) currency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a gift card and it redeemed in a different US (Guam) currency: I bought a digital gift card off Amazon and usually go to the email and put the code in on my Xbox. But this time I went to Xbox.com and it brought me to my Microsoft account. Then the code was...
  9. Gift card bought by mistake

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gift card bought by mistake: Hi, I bought a gift card by mistake trying to pay for a past due subscription, can I have a refund or can I pay for my subscription instead? e56dca6f-3d73-45d1-80bb-8f8744e04698
  10. BOUGHT HALO MCC ON GIFT CARD AND IT WON’T DOWNLOAD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BOUGHT HALO MCC ON GIFT CARD AND IT WON’T DOWNLOAD: Hello, so I just bought Halo MCC for Xbox on a gift card over at target and the console store won’t let me download the game. If I go to settings, then to payment info to see my purchase history...