I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ...

Discus and support I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I went to the states for Christmas and got an Xbox gift card. When I got back to my home in Canada, I tried to redeem my gift card but couldn't. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XtgScoRpiOn, Oct 17, 2017.

1. XtgScoRpiOn
    XtgScoRpiOn Guest

I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ...

I went to the states for Christmas and got an Xbox gift card. When I got back to my home in Canada, I tried to redeem my gift card but couldn't. It said that the gift card was purchased in another country so it will not work. Is
    there any way that you can bypass this, or can you not?

:)

XtgScoRpiOn, Oct 17, 2017
  2. mthfkrVeaR
    mthfkrVeaR Guest
    Need help

Hello! My friend has presented me a game. We live in same country. Specified same counrty in xbox account. When I try to activate the key,it is said that the gift is sent from another country. How can I activate the key? His console is bought in another
    country . I bought xbox in country where I live , but in another city

mthfkrVeaR, Oct 17, 2017
  3. GiveMeAHug00
    GiveMeAHug00 Guest
    Xbox live gold subscription payment overdue

yes, but the problem is that my subscribtion is in another country because the gift card that I used was for another country's Xbox store, so now I can't use my credit card to pay because it's not from the country where my gold is activated and I can't subscribe
    to another gold subscribtion with my credit card in my current country becouse it says that I already have gold in another region.

It's a really f*cked up situation I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ... :D

GiveMeAHug00, Oct 17, 2017
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

purchasing/using items from a different region then the one you are or your account is connected to is officially not supported.

Changing the region might result in it working but there is no guarantee it will and could also result in other issues, so I would advise against it.

5. WPAK Win User

I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use it.

Hi there,

purchasing/using items from a different region then the one you are or your account is connected to is officially not supported.

Changing the region might result in it working but there is no guarantee it will and could also result in other issues, so I would advise against it.
  6. GiveMeAHug00 Win User

Xbox live gold subscription payment overdue

yes, but the problem is that my subscribtion is in another country because the gift card that I used was for another country's Xbox store, so now I can't use my credit card to pay because it's not from the country where my gold is activated and I can't subscribe
    to another gold subscribtion with my credit card in my current country becouse it says that I already have gold in another region.

It's a really f*cked up situation :D
  7. mohamedDR Win User

Xbox gift cards

I just Bought a 10$ gift card and found out i cannot buy xbox live gold with it unless i have a credit card

but i don`t have a credit card

can you please make that happen?

xbox live cards are not available in my country.
  8. qp ROB qp Win User

Xbox live gold 3 month redeem code

I also bought a $25 gift card and tried it but it will not let me use that it's making me put a credit card in as a backup in case my subscription runs out.but I had lost my debit card recently and ordered a new one and so I have to use another method of
    payment until I get the new card but the system will not allow me to bypass the lost card or remove it.
  9. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox gift cards

Hello btc,

We understand that you have an inquiry in regards to an Xbox gift card.

Unfortunately, buying an Xbox gift card
    in any country would mean using that currency within the same region. This is mentioned within the linked page:

• Can I send a gift card to another country?
      Gift cards are in local currency, so when you buy a gift card it will only work in the country where it was purchased

We hope that this information has helped, and we wish you the best!
Thema:

1. I bought my Xbox gift card in another country than where i live, and it won't allow me to use ... - Similar Threads - bought gift card

2. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  3. I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...: I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif card but when i go to pay it onky says i have 0.51 how can i fix this 021c67f3-a7d5-4eca-ab41-70235782c6ec
  4. Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...: Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which retailer i bought it from. Turns out it was not activated, how can i now use it?...
  5. Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I...: Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I haven’t received my Microsoft credit back after the refund was approved, could someone help me please?...
  6. I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...: I bought wwll and found out I already had it on another xbox so I refunded it it was approved but u didn't get the money on my gift card b77d7537-26cb-4b7a-a2f5-42a94be240e4
  7. bought 2 xbox gift cards and tryed redeeming them and said codes are already taken.but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought 2 xbox gift cards and tryed redeeming them and said codes are already taken.but not...: bought 2 xbox gift cards and when we tryed redeeming them said codes was alredy taken 5af93eac-8875-4a3e-8bca-430fc10efa62
  8. Bought 2 xbox gift cards and codes say that they have been already been taken

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought 2 xbox gift cards and codes say that they have been already been taken: Bought 2 xbox gift cards and when we went to put them in the codes already are taken b56f1c04-f2e6-4bf5-b5d7-b16e8e69a8d0
  9. why doesnt my gift card i bought at walmart work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesnt my gift card i bought at walmart work: I bought a 29.99 dollar gift card for java and bedrock at walmart It wouldnt work when i put it in i would like to know why 71910da3-3f5d-45e0-b5b6-cb8f1a1e0d5a
  10. I bought a digital Xbox gift card for my son and it needed up in Microsoft acct. if I can’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a digital Xbox gift card for my son and it needed up in Microsoft acct. if I can’t...: Xbox gift card used by accident Added to my Microsoft store balance Want to get money back or let my son use it on his Xbox acct b112880a-7ff5-4919-93f8-a8b37bf177c7