I bought my friend a game but the code seems to be region locked. Any suggestions?

Discus and support I bought my friend a game but the code seems to be region locked. Any suggestions? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I bought my American friend a copy of minecraft from Australia and the code isn't working, is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/Grimations... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Grimations, Aug 5, 2021.

1. I bought my friend a game but the code seems to be region locked. Any suggestions?

I bought my American friend a copy of minecraft from Australia and the code isn't working, is there anything I can do?

submitted by /u/Grimations
    [link] [comments]

/u/Grimations, Aug 5, 2021
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

Compatibility of french games with Xbox one bought in USA

Digital games are region locked to the country that it was bought in/the currency it was bought in but disc games on Xbox one are not region locked and all Xbox one disc games will work in any Xbox one.

For example, if you're in the USA and you buy a French code for a game it will not let you redeem it and vice-versa.
  3. It's TOm Win User

WWE 12 online code

Are you sure your friend entered the code completely correctly? If you are, then I would suggest contacting the retailer the game was bought from to try to get a replacement. Failing that, I would call or chat with Xbox Support. As far as I know, if it was
    region locked, the error message would be something like "This code is not valid in your region".

-

Also, this should have been posted in the
    Redeeming a code
    forums.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Refunding a gift to someone.

Ya goto account.microsoft.com on your computer and goto orders and select the transaction and refund (cannot be done on mobile)

It has to be done by you or.the person who bought the gift not the receiver

Also gift codes are region locked if you are trying to gift a game follow the rules games codes are region locked

Meaning you have to.buy a code from your friends region preferably from their local retailer or etailer
  5. baconkoolaid Win User

U.S. Xbox One S with Indian games

Sadly the xbox one will be region locked to the us. Codes and games bought in india will not work with the xbox one, however if you were to have family, or friends that you trust buy games/codes in the us they should work in india. The codes and games
    purchased must match the region your account/xbox originated from.
  6. Dark an9el 73 Win User

changing region

i am having th same problem i bought a xbox for uk and its region locked for the usa what do i do any suggestions
Thema:

I bought my friend a game but the code seems to be region locked. Any suggestions?

1. I bought my friend a game but the code seems to be region locked. Any suggestions? - Similar Threads - bought friend game

2. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  3. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  4. Hey I live in the US and I bought a game from the xbox store for a friend in El Salvador...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I live in the US and I bought a game from the xbox store for a friend in El Salvador...: Wanted to know if he can claim a gift code if he is in another country cbff7088-741e-4eb9-9815-f6deb5cd7b11
  5. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  6. Bought a game for a friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game for a friend.: I bought a friend a copy of Monster Hunter World, but he hasn’t received an email or code redemption option in messages. Is there something else I need to do or did I get robbed??...
  7. I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...: It was telling the friend of mine whose code didn't work that the code was damaged repeatedly. And we don't know why that is. 53279453-dd42-4c77-bc7b-4a7ebe0ba896
  8. NEED HELP ASAP. Bought a game for a friend (digital)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NEED HELP ASAP. Bought a game for a friend (digital): NEED HELP: I bought a game on MY Xbox (on friends account) and then he logged on and installed it (Cold War cross gen bundle) and tried opening it and it tells him he needs to purchase it… what’s...
  9. Can you play human fall flat on console with your friend on pc that bought the game from steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play human fall flat on console with your friend on pc that bought the game from steam?: I want to know if we can play,my friend want to buy it from steam we will be able to play? 15d0cd9d-026f-48ec-8b0d-50e41213bba9
  10. My friend bought me a $25 box gift card and I don't know how to apply the $25 to my Roblox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend bought me a $25 box gift card and I don't know how to apply the $25 to my Roblox game: A friend bought me a $25 Xbox gift card and I do not know how to apply it to my Roblox game can somebody answer that for me we can c2ee80c3-b4dd-4cf4-8bc4-1349ec228f95