i bought minecraft java a year ago but in the launcher it keeps telling me i dont own it...

Discus and support i bought minecraft java a year ago but in the launcher it keeps telling me i dont own it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i bought minecraft java edition in the past on a macos, but then i stopped playing it for a while and now i wanna play it again but on a different... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ishan Rana, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Ishan Rana
    Ishan Rana Guest

i bought minecraft java a year ago but in the launcher it keeps telling me i dont own it...

i bought minecraft java edition in the past on a macos, but then i stopped playing it for a while and now i wanna play it again but on a different computer, a windows pc. i did not directly buy the game, i bought a minecraft digital code gift card and then redeemed it on the mac. now, when i go to minecraft.net on the web , log in, and go to my profile>my games, there are two options under java edition: change skin, and change profile name. theres nothing under bedrock edition, so i assume that means i own only java. it says i can buy dungeons and pre order legends. but then when i go onto the minecraft launcher, it gives me the option to buy java and bedrock together and also an option to try the demo. I assume that this is because i own only java (i bought the gift card like a year ago so maybe they werent selling java and bedrock together back then) and in the launcher java and bedrock are sold together so maybe you have to have both java and bedrock to play the game, meaning that i have to buy minecraft again both java and bedrock edition so that ill have both to play the game, but i dont really know, i really hope someone can reply to this and help me so that i can play minecraft. thanks.

:)

Ishan Rana, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Charles Reaper Win User

Says I need to buy minecraft again, even though i already bought it

So I bought the bundle for both Java & Bedrock, and the computer I bought them on I can access both, but if I sign into the Minecraft launcher on a different device, I can only access Java, and it is trying to get me to buy the bundle a second time, keeps telling me that I only bought java.
  3. Fu Long Tay Win User

Minecraft Java → Bedrock Redemption is not working

Same issue here, I own Minecraft Java Edition but I am unable to even access the page on the Microsoft Store to get the bedrock edition and the launcher just tells me incompatible with launcher
  4. E Me1 Win User

I can't redeem Minecraft bedrock edition.

It is now June 17. That link goes nowhere. I also have been trying to download the free Java & Bedrock edition, with no success. I log into the store, it tells me to go to the Xbox Launcher. I go to the XBox Launcher and it will not let me log in. I have downloaded the launcher 5 times and keep getting the error message that the launcher is not available in my account even though I am logged and have owned Minecraft for over a decade.

Any suggestions?
  5. MultiManStudio Win User

Why wont my gamertag update?

I changed it well over a year ago. But I cant try to get it to update again because of the fact that it says that I already own that gamertag and still need to use it!

Also, if I Use the new minecraft launcher, its trying to get me to pick a new tag for java minecraft, but Im happy with my current name. But I cant input my current name do to the fact that I already own my current name, and have for years.
  6. peachyheart Win User

The free trial already ends. But it still have the "Free trial" button on the page

Thema:

1. i bought minecraft java a year ago but in the launcher it keeps telling me i dont own it... - Similar Threads - bought minecraft java

2. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  3. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  4. Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock are not showing that I have them bought.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock are not showing that I have them bought.: Hi, I originally downloaded and created a Microsoft account for the Nintendo switch version of the game approximately a year ago. Recently, I got a computer and remembered that the java version of...
  5. Bought Minecraft Bedrock and Java but can Only Play Bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Minecraft Bedrock and Java but can Only Play Bedrock?: So I bought both Minecraft Bedrock and Java and can only play Bedrock. I paid for both but it won't let me play Java. Is there any way to be able to play both without paying again? I don't have...
  6. I bought minecraft bedrock AND JAVA and it didnt let me play java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft bedrock AND JAVA and it didnt let me play java: i bought minecraft bedrock and JAVA for 40$ cad but it only lets me play the java demo and when i check the website it only says i own java, even though im 1000000% sure i bought both versions,...
  7. So I bought minecraft bedrock and java but only got bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I bought minecraft bedrock and java but only got bedrock: When i go to the Minecraft launcher and go to MINECRAFT: Java Edition, the button to play just says BUY NOW 3e78842b-4a8d-44b3-b237-6d94ab20cbf5
  8. Minecraft tells me to buy it again when I bought Java and Bedrock edition a few months ago

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft tells me to buy it again when I bought Java and Bedrock edition a few months ago: Hello, I am logged on my Xbox account on Minecraft launcher all the time, where I had bought the Java and Bedrock edition but after the latest update I am unable to access the game. No, I didn't...
  9. I bought Minecraft Deluxe, which includes Java and Bedrock, but the Java Launcher only...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Deluxe, which includes Java and Bedrock, but the Java Launcher only...: I bought Minecraft Deluxe Collection from the Windows Store for my son, and got some other version of Minecraft (Windows edition?). But the launcher I downloaded from 3 different attempts always...
  10. i bought minecraft bedrock and java before 6/6/2022 and didnt get the vannila cape

in XBoX Accessibility
    i bought minecraft bedrock and java before 6/6/2022 and didnt get the vannila cape: i bought minecraft bedrock and java before 6/6/2022 and didnt get the vannila cape 5312ff54-e196-4495-a296-3f2073a9ee5a