I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...

Discus and support I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been playing Minecraft for ages now on the java edition. Some of my friends want to play multiplayer but they have the inferior Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WilliamJack, May 16, 2020.

1. WilliamJack
    WilliamJack Guest

I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...

Hello,

I've been playing Minecraft for ages now on the java edition.

Some of my friends want to play multiplayer but they have the inferior Xbox version. Apparently in order to play with them I need to buy the Win10 version. Ok, fine, I will buy the game again. I did so, but when I tried to use it the game has the wrong
    name for me. I had to log into what is calling itself the Xbox console or something like that (I do not own an exbox) but when I try to change the name to the one I've been using for years, the button does nothing. No error message, no helpful information,
    nothing.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this microsoft bug?

Thanks

-limbodog

:)

WilliamJack, May 16, 2020
  2. DevinC. Win User

I wasn't able to find my answer on Google so I'm trying to find out what two things.

What?

I have another gamertag i bought because this happened.

I wasnt using a gamertag on my windows 10 pc.

I was using my email i use to sign into my xbox live

I never did anything wrong.

Fear why?
  3. wi7bit Win User

Minecraft Login

Hi ghost_hotline

Recently, Microsoft started to integrate Minecraft Java accounts with Microsoft accounts. Could you have merged the wrong account at some point or signed in with the wrong account?

More details on usernames and Gamertags can be found here:

Minecraft: Java Edition Username VS Gamertag FAQ – Home
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

Wrong gamertag came up when i signed in

Hey guys! Is the profile you want to sign in to still on your console? If so log in to it, open Account Management, and look under WLID. Is that the same email address you are using to sign in on Xbox.com? Try that one and let me know how it goes. Thanks!
  5. DementedSeagull Win User

Did you sign in with the correct details associated with your gamertag?
  6. PolishedLlama Win User

I have the same problem, on the website I have my OLD gamertag but both are registered to the same windows live address and I duont know how to delete the details of the old one
Thema:

1. I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,... - Similar Threads - bought minecraft win10

2. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  3. Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...: I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and apply them to the newer version of Minecraft or does it not transfer over 7619fa2a-8271-4d5a-bf3f-3721c680b13f
  4. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  5. My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...: My entire childhood was Minecraft and I wanted to play some more for nostalgia but logging in has shown that I apparently do not own it. Not sure what is going on but I am frustrated. I am 100%...
  6. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  7. I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...: I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360, and I get error code 03-57-00, what do I do? Comentarios 4ad02f52-ba3b-4d89-9388-4eee0b89f68a
  8. I bought Minecraft coins at Walmart and didn’t realize I needed to keep the receipt with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft coins at Walmart and didn’t realize I needed to keep the receipt with...: Personal Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Phone #[mod removed - personal information] a035a07d-af80-494d-bbbc-e0bb291eb343
  9. What do I do if Minecraftlauncher is asking you to buy minecraft if you already bought it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do I do if Minecraftlauncher is asking you to buy minecraft if you already bought it?: I had just bought minecraft on minecraft.net and when I download minecraftinstaller it tells me I have to buy minecraft again instead being able to download. I don't know what to do, I know the...
  10. Bought Minecraft Win10 in Jan '18 but not on my account after Windows reinstall

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought Minecraft Win10 in Jan '18 but not on my account after Windows reinstall: I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on Jan. 6, 2018. It came with a code to get Minecraft for Windows 10 at no charge. I've been playing the Windows 10 version since then. All my achievements are...