I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get...

Discus and support I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi guys, I bought a giftcard for € 15,- on the internet. I received the 25 character code by e-mail and wanted to redeem the code on my Xbox360. When... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PhilipSampers, Apr 27, 2020.

  1. I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get...


    Hi guys,

    I bought a giftcard for € 15,- on the internet. I received the 25 character code by e-mail and wanted to redeem the code on my Xbox360.

    When I entered the code in the redeem option in the Xbox360 home menu it said the code was invalid. So the first thing I did was take a second look at the e-mail I received to see if I missed anything. It stated the following:
    "Attention: If possible, always try to activate the code through a PC or Tablet. This prevents allot of errors".



    I went on the Internet to find out how to redeem this code through my PC and found that it was possible to either do it through a webbrowser or through the Xbox app. I don't know why I chose to do it through the Xbox app, I guess it seemed a bit more legit,
    but I wish I diddn't!

    The problem now is that the Xbox app says I succesfully activated the code but still the balance didn't get added to my Xbox360 account.

    When I'm in the home menu of my Xbox360 and I'm signed in to the same account that is linked to the Xbox app it says my balance is € 0,00.

    If I try to redeem the code again through the webbrowser or in the home menu of my Xbox360 it says the code has already been used.

    So now I got a useless code and no balance on my account...

    Could it be that the app is only for the Xbox One? I would find that rather odd since I add it to my account, not to a certain type of console right?

    Does anybody have any idea what's going on here and more importantly, how to solve this? Any help is more that welcome! Thanks in advance!

    :)
     
    PhilipSampers, Apr 27, 2020
    #1
  2. PhilipSampers Win User

    I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get added to my account :(

    Hi DarkUnicycle,

    I tried this at first and when I click the "Get in contact" button I got asked which category my question related to.

    I chose "Membership and Billing" and then I had to choose my question. The 2 best fitting ones both gave the following message:



    Phonecalls and chats are not available for this problem

    Try this:

    Post message in forum: "Ask the community for help"

    So here I am.

    Any advice?
  3. P. Sampers Win User

    I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get added to my account :(

    Topic can be closed!

    I contacted the customer support and they found out that I have 2 different balances set on my account. One is a German one (no clue how I got it set to German) and one is a Dutch one.

    My account was displaying the German balance which was € 0,00. My Dutch balance was € 15,00 but because it was set to German I couldn't see this while logged on to my account.

    I logged on to my account on www.microsoft.com and changed the country in my user setting to Dutch. This resolved the problem.

    I hope this helps the 3 others who had the same question. If not, my advice would be to contact the customer support by chat. Excellent service!

    Topic can be closed!
  4. DarkUnicycle Win User

    I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get added to my account :(

    Hello PhilipSampers,

    Thanks for reaching out, when it comes to account information and billing related issues we recommend reaching out to our support team as they would be able to better assist with your issue with the Gift Card issue that you're having.
    Make sure you have the gift code with you when reaching out. I'll be posting the link for the support page below so you can reach out to them to get started.

    Support Page : https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. PhilipSampers Win User

    I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get added to my account :(

    try to check if the account where you entered the code is the same as the console
    Hi thanks for your responce,



    I already checked that as I explained in my original post:

    "When I'm in the home menu of my Xbox360 and I'm signed in to the same account that is linked to the Xbox app it says my balance is € 0,00."
  6. ImLupoZ Win User

    I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get added to my account :(

    try to check if the account where you entered the code is the same as the console
Thema:

I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get...

Loading...
  1. I bought a Xbox giftcard and activated it through the Xbox app but the funds did not get... - Similar Threads - bought giftcard activated

  2. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Please help. Just bought my first Xbox and I’m having trouble

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help. Just bought my first Xbox and I’m having trouble: Hey guys and girls. I need some help, I have just bought a Xbox series X and I purchased modern warfare 2019 on it from the online store. The game downloads, I download the packs. And when I try...
  5. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  6. how to I see the 25 digit code from the robux giftcard for xbox I bought on the micro soft...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to I see the 25 digit code from the robux giftcard for xbox I bought on the micro soft...: i recently ordered a 400 robux giftcard for xbox on the Microsoft store. i received the email confirming my purchase but it did not show me the 25 letter code and only the order number. i then...
  7. Roblox Giftcard promised virtual item if bought from microsoft rewards but I didnt get the...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox Giftcard promised virtual item if bought from microsoft rewards but I didnt get the...: I bought a robux giftcard from microsoft rewards and didnt get the "upside down elf" hat even thought it said I would get it. 73ae3ce7-d7ce-4c8d-82bd-b02e4f1eb2ea
  8. I bought V-bucks on Microsoft store with an Xbox Giftcard and they aren’t appearing on my...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought V-bucks on Microsoft store with an Xbox Giftcard and they aren’t appearing on my...: So basically the title explains the first part; I use my 25$ Xbox gift card to buy 25 V-bucks on the Microsoft store and they aren’t appearing on my account. I play on mobile and remembered to...
  9. I bought a 15$ giftcard and I can't use it! It asks me for payment method!

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a 15$ giftcard and I can't use it! It asks me for payment method!: Hey , I got a 15$ giftcard to get some DLC and some V-bucks . I can't purchase games or DLC without adding address , phone number , etc. I can't possibly refund a redeem code , so . I can't get...
  10. What to do if you've bought a giftcard for Fortnite and you already own fortnite

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do if you've bought a giftcard for Fortnite and you already own fortnite: Hi Has anyone else had this issue? We bought a Fortnite gift card for our son, but he's already got Fortnite. When you type in the redeem code, it just says: [img] Which isn't terribly...