I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now ...

Discus and support I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Today I purchased a used Xbox One. I have my profile on my Xbox One and am signed in. The games previously installed by the former owners still show up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BigZman95, May 29, 2014.

1. BigZman95
    BigZman95 Guest

I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now ...

Today I purchased a used Xbox One. I have my profile on my Xbox One and am signed in. The games previously installed by the former owners still show up and I am able to play them just fine. Do I now own these games? How can I check who is the owner
    of the license for the game? And is there anyway to transfer the license of these games to my account? If I remove the old profiles will these games disappear? Thanks.

:)

BigZman95, May 29, 2014
  2. ModelBus061
    ModelBus061 Guest
    New Xbox with installed games?

When you get a brand new Xbox One is there games installed on it or not?

I just bought a new Xbox One from a respect store but unfortunatelly I feel like I've been lied to.

When I opened the box it really felt like it had been opened by someone else before and that the Xbox had been used.

When I opened the Xbox, there was already a Final Fantasy game, MX & ATV supercross game and Trackmania turbo game.

Since I am not the one who download and installed those games would it mean that this Xbox I bought as Brand new was actually posses by someone else before? Therefore I would have bought a used Xbox?

Thank you

ModelBus061, May 29, 2014
  3. No games instailed

Got an new Xbox one done my updates and installed my games but turn the Xbox on today and I have no games installed but hard drive space have been used

DeadbeatEAGLE, May 29, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

When you purchase content it is tied to the gamertag that purchased the content. So the previous owner is still the owner of the games. There is no way to transfer the licenses to your account. With the One, if you designate your console as your Home console,
    you can share content with other profiles on the console. It sounds like the previous owner has not removed that designation. If he does purchase a new console and chooses that as his Home console, it will remove the licenses from your console and you will
    not be able to play the games.

Smwutches, May 30, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now mine?

When you purchase content it is tied to the gamertag that purchased the content. So the previous owner is still the owner of the games. There is no way to transfer the licenses to your account. With the One, if you designate your console as your Home console,
    you can share content with other profiles on the console. It sounds like the previous owner has not removed that designation. If he does purchase a new console and chooses that as his Home console, it will remove the licenses from your console and you will
    not be able to play the games.
  6. AnimalGlobe024 Win User

i bought a 2nd hand xbox one with 3 installed games how to handle?

If i don't remove the former account, can i use my own live gold account if the live account from the former owner expirers? If this works i can buy and install new games on my own (my Sons) account and use the former account only for the already installed
    games, maby in the future it is possible to switch the installed games to another account?
  7. NENGaming Win User

i bought a 2nd hand xbox one with 3 installed games how to handle?

The games will be linked to the former owners Microsoft account. You'll not be able to use these games once that account has been removed from the Xbox One.
  8. AngelObullets Win User

Tempo para banimento [Mod Translation - Time for ban]

translation of post

Time for ban

I bought a used Xbox One and would like to know if I run the risk of having the device banned if the former owner has used free market games.

I didn't buy any games like that, but I don't know if the previous owner bought it. I'm afraid I'm going to lose the console and the money I spent.

I don't think so but that would be down to enforcement, but you can check the community standards and such here

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/community-standards
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Game won’t work after soft reset

... i have a battlefield 1 edition console, that came with battlefield 1 that i’ve been playing since i got the console, now it doesnt seem to recognise that i own the game.
    Did you buy the console new and did you have to redeem a code to install the game on the console?

Or did you buy the console used, and the previous owner already installed Battlefield on the console?

If it's used, then the previous owner "owns" the Battlefield game, and just had the console set to be his "Home Console", allowing the console to unlock his games for everyone to play on that specific console. However, if the user changes his Home Console,
    the new Home Console can now unlock the game, and the former Home Console can't unlock the game for you anymore.

So if you bought the console used, and you paid more money for the Battlefield game, ask for your money back.

If the console was bought new, and you did redeem the code yourself, make sure you are using the same account that you used to redeem the code.
Thema:

1. I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now ... - Similar Threads - bought used today

2. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  3. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  4. I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...: I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif card but when i go to pay it onky says i have 0.51 how can i fix this 021c67f3-a7d5-4eca-ab41-70235782c6ec
  5. I bought v-bucks but not showing as available to use what could be the issue

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought v-bucks but not showing as available to use what could be the issue: I bought v-bucks but I am Unable To See The fund’s available why could this be or who do I contact b323d834-992e-4f36-a32a-0ac34f664fc9
  6. I bought vbucks using xbox store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought vbucks using xbox store: I bought vbucks on xbox store and I never recieved a code or anything. I checked my pc account that is linked to my xbox and I didnt find it. 74bb8b6a-6733-43be-853d-003d39a42665
  7. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  8. i bought the red dragon h350 pandora gaming head set when i use the microphone it sounds so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought the red dragon h350 pandora gaming head set when i use the microphone it sounds so bad: this is a issue ive been trying to solve for 2 hours and I cant do anything when I use the mic in a loop back test it sounds so **** bad it hurts for everyone else that uses this headset It sounds...
  9. i bought a digital xbox one s today without realizing it had no disc slot. could i use a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought a digital xbox one s today without realizing it had no disc slot. could i use a...: could i use a dvd or a cd player as a disc slot? d81bdc92-b196-43b9-bbbb-680ddf72fab1
  10. I can not use the live code I bought today

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not use the live code I bought today: I can not use the live code I bought today 54630bb6-716e-4e5d-91ae-7039b7923053