I bought a Pre-paid digital code for a month of Gold ($10) but it won't let me redeem it...

Discus and support I bought a Pre-paid digital code for a month of Gold ($10) but it won't let me redeem it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I get the following message: Check your account The payment option on an existing subscription was declined, blocking this purchase. Find a fix at... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by brotendocowabunga, Apr 4, 2020.

1. I bought a Pre-paid digital code for a month of Gold ($10) but it won't let me redeem it...

I get the following message:

Check your account

The payment option on an existing subscription was declined, blocking this purchase. Find a fix at account.microsoft.com/services.

This is after putting in the code, not a card. It's saying I'm past due on Game Pass but I don't want it, bought it by accident last month.

Anyone else have this issue?

:)

brotendocowabunga, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Pain130798 Win User

I bought a Pre-paid digital code for a month of Gold ($10) but it won't let me redeem it...

in that case you should talk to someone via chat on the website, there is nothing you can do by yourself, you can also try to call them via telephone if it is possible to you.

That was if you haven't try with another account
  3. AridLizard Win User

you need to pay the past due balance before you can use codes or prepaid cards.

these are the payment options that can be used to pay past due balances

• Credit cards, including prepaid credit cards
    • Debit cards (not available in all regions)
    • PayPal (not available in all regions)
    • Mobile operator billing (not available in all
      regions)

you will need to update your payment option to one of those that has enough in the account to cover the past due balance

Update a payment option

1. Press the Xbox button
       to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings >
      Account > Payment & billing.
    3. In the box that contains your current payment option, select
      Edit info.
    4. Update your payment option details, and then select
      Save.

once you have cleared the balance you need to go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and turn off recurring billing.
  4. FormalAuto024 Win User

Error code XBOS 1004

it won't let me redeem the xbox live gold 3 month code i just bought online please help.
  5. artful c0dger Win User

Xbox live message...

I had a message off Live about this with a code for 1 months gold this morning, shame they won't let me redeem it as I'm on a gold family pack.....
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Given the wrong amount for the $5/$10/$15 Promotional Gift Card

Hey there Meeester Bung69!

Just to clarify, did you purchase a 3 month Xbox Live Gold membership through the dashboard offer on your console? Or did you redeem a pre-paid code? In order for you to qualify for this offer you would have needed to purchase an Xbox Live Gold membership
    through the promotion on your console. Redeeming a pre-paid code will not qualify for this promotion.
Thema:

1. I bought a Pre-paid digital code for a month of Gold ($10) but it won't let me redeem it... - Similar Threads - bought Pre paid

2. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  3. I bought (didn’t pre order) EA FC 24, and wondering if i get 4600 fifa points. Cause i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought (didn’t pre order) EA FC 24, and wondering if i get 4600 fifa points. Cause i...: I bought it last night and just never got the fifa points, and i can’t find anything saying i do or don’t get them 6fc68f09-fe2c-4d16-9666-ddc5607009f6
  4. I bought forza Horizon 1 as a pre-paid code at the Korea cdkey shop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought forza Horizon 1 as a pre-paid code at the Korea cdkey shop.: Can not execute due to 0x803f8001 error codes after installation. For reference, it is Xboxone currently in use. 0c92a4c5-30d4-4cb0-aaca-16899c135dc3
  5. Bought 1 month pre-paid card, activated it and it doesn't count as activated on my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought 1 month pre-paid card, activated it and it doesn't count as activated on my account.: So I bought 1 month pre-paid card, it activated without a problem, but my account doesn't act as Gold membership. Even after I tried to redeem it again, it said it's redeemed....
  6. I bought Xbox gold 3 months with pre paid card but I cannot play online !

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox gold 3 months with pre paid card but I cannot play online !: please help, I bought Xbox gold earlier today and put in the code for the gold on my Xbox one. Although I went to play on a game and says if I want to buy gold because I don’t have gold anymore....
  7. I bought 12 month xbox live pre paid card entered the code but it says it's been deactivated ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought 12 month xbox live pre paid card entered the code but it says it's been deactivated ...: I bought a 12 month xbox live pre paid card from my local tesco store I just typed in the code on the back and it says that it has been deactivated why when I haven't even used it as it's a brand...
  8. I bought a 3 months Xbox Live pre-paid card but it "isn't active yet"?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a 3 months Xbox Live pre-paid card but it "isn't active yet"?: Hello, I recently bought 3 months of gold on a pre-paid card (1 week or so ago) and I watched the clerk scan the card to activate it, today my live ran out and the live I bought is "inactive" so I...
  9. My account shows silver when I bought 3 month pre paid gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account shows silver when I bought 3 month pre paid gold: I bought 3 month pre paid gold and redeemed it on my Xbox, but my account still shows silver for my friends viewing my account. I don't know if its a glitch or something, but how do I fix it. I've...
  10. Bought Pre-Paid MS Card... Still requires billing address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Pre-Paid MS Card... Still requires billing address?: Hey guys. I recently bought a $50 MS card, and activated it on my Xbox One. I checked and made sure it went through, but now when I'm trying to buy or redeem ANYTHING... like an xbox video...