I bought a new controller but now it doesn't let me change my mic monitoring

Discus and support I bought a new controller but now it doesn't let me change my mic monitoring in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My new controller has a button to change the volume and the chat mixer. But in the xbox menu says "Use your headset or other device to change the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Edrik C., Dec 12, 2022.

1. Edrik C.
    Edrik C. Guest

My new controller has a button to change the volume and the chat mixer. But in the xbox menu says "Use your headset or other device to change the volume" but since my controller cant actually change mic monitoring, people cant hear me and I dont know what to do

:)

Edrik C., Dec 12, 2022
  2. Edrik C. Win User

In my wireless controller I can change that, but this one is not a wireless controller, i'll probably figure it out some day.

Thanks and have a nice day
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Please check if there is an update for your controller by following the steps below:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."

Also, have you tried other controller and check if it will work just fine?
  4. Francia J. Win User

It may mean that the issue is with your wired controller, have you tried to check if there is an update for the specific controller that you're having an issue with?
  5. scarinu10 Win User

I can't hear myself with mic-monitoring

Id love a response to this. im on 4 controllers (all official microsoft xb1 controllers) and three headsets (two turtle beach and one Microsoft stereo headset ) Console is up to date, a first gen controller up to date. A 2nd gen controller that i bought.
    And 2 brand new controllers that came with my one x.... All also with updated firmware. All headset functions work properly on all combos except for mic monitoring . Monitoring is on and set to 10. I can chat and hear game sound but cant hear myself through
    mic monitoring unless the mic is shoved down my throat. This is getting very frustrating for my household and friends I play with when i end up yelling. Please. Help.
  6. Mikey I 1 I Win User

Xbox one mic not working

I'm having these problems aswell... I can hear fine but no one can hear me. My mic worked for the first month and now it stopped working. I've bought a Turtle Beach FOUR OX with Stereo Adapter and this one doesn't work aswell... So i bought a new controller
    and not one of my headsets work on any controller. Anyone got any idea? I've tried connecting Microsoft but ofcourse.. No help..
Thema:

1. I bought a new controller but now it doesn't let me change my mic monitoring - Similar Threads - bought controller doesn't

2. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  3. Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store: Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store 7e7a4d81-d005-4014-aaf5-858726ea4c03
  4. It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...

in XBoX on Windows
    It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...: It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much, it's happening in my games and everywhere else, how do I fix it? I think it is my console...
  5. I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...: This controller iss supposed to be able too work on. All. Consoles but I can't seem to get it to. Itis anintendo switch 321529b7-3fa0-4ab5-8608-80077ac2daab
  6. I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...: Seriously. Fresh out of the box and off the charger : it won't stay on. It indicates 100% battery so charging doesn't fix this. We have tried all the stupid troubleshoots for this and nothing...
  7. It’s been two weeks since I bought the controller but none of the buttons work, even with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It’s been two weeks since I bought the controller but none of the buttons work, even with...: I never dropped the controller and I change the batteries when it warns me, also, the controller is open and it doesn’t work. fe505419-d34e-488f-b7dd-bcc0cf850c08
  8. Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out the box and bought new on and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out the box and bought new on and it...: Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out 01dbdd14-14d7-4c88-ba09-2f4ffb889a64
  9. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  10. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027