I bought a gift card and it redeemed in a different US (Guam) currency

Discus and support I bought a gift card and it redeemed in a different US (Guam) currency in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a digital gift card off Amazon and usually go to the email and put the code in on my Xbox. But this time I went to Xbox.com and it brought me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by killa x mcsg, Jul 26, 2021.

1. killa x mcsg
    killa x mcsg Guest

I bought a digital gift card off Amazon and usually go to the email and put the code in on my Xbox. But this time I went to Xbox.com and it brought me to my Microsoft account. Then the code was already written down and was ready to be redeemed so I redeemed it. But little did I know it would redeem it in Guam and not the United States which is where it would’ve redeemed if I did it on my Xbox. Now on my Microsoft account it says I have multiple currencies $8 in the United States and $20 in Guam. It says the same thing on my Xbox in the payment and Billings in the settings. When I tried to buy the game I was gonna buy that was on sale, it won’t let me use the “Guam” currency even if it is US$. Any help? Can I change the currency to the US? Am I able to get a refund?

:)

killa x mcsg, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Gift Card for Xbox, movies and Microsoft

What does it say when you try to redeem it? Are you in the same region as the gift card you purchased...ie as it's a US $ card, are you in the United States? As gift cards in a different currency cannot be redeemed in a different region....I have a UK account and can't redeem US $ cards
  3. StephanieMCarter Win User

Gifting Games/items

Are you referring to a gift card? If a currency card is different, how would I go about doing that? I cannot use the $40 gift card I redeemed to buy more gift cards.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions

Gift cards are region locked and so is not possible to redeem them in a different region. Your friend will need to send you a gift card in your currency.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Using redeemed gift cards of a different currency.

Well no as you aren't supposed to receive gift cards from other regions unless you actually live there

You must enter valid billling addess

Not some.random numbers

It's best just to ask your friend to refund the code and just buy from an etailer in your region

Becauze Josef steps makes the mess a lot bigger and not appropriate for the rules of forums.

One what he is suggesting wont work without additional steps

Those additional steps can cost you 3montha before you can change back and there would.be a lot of issues like region locks on bc titles to ms rewards location issues since you arena physically in UK earning rewards while.you have 3months is a bad idea

Gifting and currencyncards aren't transferable between regions and because ms isn't a bank now are they exchangable

You aren't supposed to bypass the rules

Bypassing region locks is against Xbox live rules and if you mess up you could be stuck for 3months in UK or another region and then you will come back and blame forums which is why we don't tell you how to bypass the locks in the first place

It's just.a bad idea
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Using redeemed gift cards of a different currency.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Bean

You could try add an UK address to your account using link below, usually it's required to make purchases on Microsoft:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/addresses

After that, as you said. Change your console location to UK and try again
Thema:

1. I bought a gift card and it redeemed in a different US (Guam) currency - Similar Threads - bought gift card

2. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  3. I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...: I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif card but when i go to pay it onky says i have 0.51 how can i fix this 021c67f3-a7d5-4eca-ab41-70235782c6ec
  4. Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...: Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which retailer i bought it from. Turns out it was not activated, how can i now use it?...
  5. Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I...: Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I haven’t received my Microsoft credit back after the refund was approved, could someone help me please?...
  6. I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...: I bought wwll and found out I already had it on another xbox so I refunded it it was approved but u didn't get the money on my gift card b77d7537-26cb-4b7a-a2f5-42a94be240e4
  7. bought 2 xbox gift cards and tryed redeeming them and said codes are already taken.but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought 2 xbox gift cards and tryed redeeming them and said codes are already taken.but not...: bought 2 xbox gift cards and when we tryed redeeming them said codes was alredy taken 5af93eac-8875-4a3e-8bca-430fc10efa62
  8. Bought 2 xbox gift cards and codes say that they have been already been taken

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought 2 xbox gift cards and codes say that they have been already been taken: Bought 2 xbox gift cards and when we went to put them in the codes already are taken b56f1c04-f2e6-4bf5-b5d7-b16e8e69a8d0
  9. why doesnt my gift card i bought at walmart work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesnt my gift card i bought at walmart work: I bought a 29.99 dollar gift card for java and bedrock at walmart It wouldnt work when i put it in i would like to know why 71910da3-3f5d-45e0-b5b6-cb8f1a1e0d5a
  10. I bought a digital Xbox gift card for my son and it needed up in Microsoft acct. if I can’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a digital Xbox gift card for my son and it needed up in Microsoft acct. if I can’t...: Xbox gift card used by accident Added to my Microsoft store balance Want to get money back or let my son use it on his Xbox acct b112880a-7ff5-4919-93f8-a8b37bf177c7