I bought a game with the wrong microsoft account on my xbox. Can I transfer it to the right...

Discus and support I bought a game with the wrong microsoft account on my xbox. Can I transfer it to the right... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a game with the wrong microsoft account on my xbox. Can I transfer it to the right account? 1e7014e7-f082-438b-9e70-6909cfca0c5b Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Isarra, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Isarra
    Isarra Guest

I bought a game with the wrong microsoft account on my xbox. Can I transfer it to the right...

I bought a game with the wrong microsoft account on my xbox. Can I transfer it to the right account?

:)

Isarra, Feb 12, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

I bought a game with the wrong microsoft account on my xbox. Can I transfer it to the right accout?

Hello Isarra, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your game.

I'm afraid though that it is not possible to transfer content from one account to another but there are a couple of options available to you.

1. Set your account as Home on the console you're using and you'll be able to share the game to all other accounts on your console.

2. Request a refund for the purchase then buy it on the proper account. You can request a refund via this link https://xbox.com/refund.

If this is regarding Hogwarts and you're worried about getting the bonus content, my daughter just started the game herself and the bonus content seems to be transferable between accounts when shared as she got it as well. :)
  3. UG Jebus Win User

Digital game

4. Dz Ice Tiger Win User

Xbox registred to other account

No i bought my console used can i transfer from the registred account to my account?

or xbox support can transfer it
  5. ravipPL Win User

Moving licence from xbox 360 to one

So if I have a game bought from other player and moved from their account to my console by transferring license, now it's not possible to use that game on the new console. I don't have that account credentials. I mean credentials for account where it was
    initially bought.

It's still unfair because you still can buy used games for other player on discs and it will be fine but it won't be fine for games transferred from other accounts.

If I'm wrong then correct me.
  6. AlexH27 Win User

Transfer of gamertag to current microsoft account

Hi Gwyther,

Thanks for the reply. You're exactly right about the two accounts. The new account has some games and apps that I purchased on windows 8; but the old accout is the one that has all of my important stuff.

I thought that by transferring my gamertag it would also transfer my XBLA purchases. Am i wrong about that?

And if I'm wrong, can I swap the email addresses? The old accounts email address is no longer in use...

Thanks for the help guys
Thema:

1. I bought a game with the wrong microsoft account on my xbox. Can I transfer it to the right... - Similar Threads - bought game wrong

2. I bought wrong digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought wrong digital game: I bought football manager for my son in pc format instead of Xbox , but only realised after he redeemed game that he cannot play this on out Mac pc. Can’t get any help on what to do or how to...
  3. Hi I bought fifa 23 game on Xbox but I bought it on the wrong account. Is there anyway to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought fifa 23 game on Xbox but I bought it on the wrong account. Is there anyway to...: Hi I bought the fifa 23 game (Xbox) as a present for Christmas on the but on the wrong account. Is there any way to transfer it to my sons account ? bbce5ae2-545c-4aa1-ba0b-ec05359c08cf
  4. I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...: I bought a game accidently yesterday and I wanted to get a refund but it didn't give me one because it says too many refunds this year when I haven't refunded anything this year at all can someone...
  5. I BOUGHT THE WRONG GAME & WRONG VC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I BOUGHT THE WRONG GAME & WRONG VC: I purchased the wrong VC for NBA 2K24. Now that Microsoft has refunded me so that I could purchase the correct NBA 2K24 for X|S Series, the VC I purchased on NBA 2K24 for XBox One Is no longer...
  6. bought game placed on wrong xbox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bought game placed on wrong xbox account: bought Madden 24 went on my xbox account instead of my son's. How does he get the bonus content switched to his account. I do not play the game 5cc0d153-f008-44c5-a8ea-f1a6783f8ef7
  7. I bought in game credits than realized that I bought the wrong amount and I refunded it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought in game credits than realized that I bought the wrong amount and I refunded it: I bought credits in a Overwatch and it was the wrong amount so than I went to go do something and came back to my Xbox and my friend bought something with the credits what will happen? The refund...
  8. Can I get immediate refund I just bought a wrong game by mistake

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get immediate refund I just bought a wrong game by mistake: My I get immediate refund I just bought a wrong game by mistake 083b0142-38b0-4239-9e41-306f631c256e
  9. Bought the wrong game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought the wrong game: A couple of minutes ago i just bought "NHL 23 Xbox One" i then realized that I intended to buy "NHL 23 Xbox X|S" instead. Is there any way that i can get a refund? or will the game switch to X|S...
  10. Accidentally bought wrong version of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought wrong version of game: I wanted to play the new madden. First new game I bought for the X/S. Bought it off the store and started playing it. I noticed there were some missing new features. Turns out I got the wrong...