I bought a game from the Microsoft store on my PC and it says I own it but I can not play...

Discus and support I bought a game from the Microsoft store on my PC and it says I own it but I can not play... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a game on the Microsoft store on my PC and it says I own it but I can not play it eventhough my PC is capable of running the game and is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by janette campbell, Apr 1, 2023.

1. I bought a game from the Microsoft store on my PC and it says I own it but I can not play...

I bought a game on the Microsoft store on my PC and it says I own it but I can not play it eventhough my PC is capable of running the game and is marked as owned I still can't play it

:)

janette campbell, Apr 1, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

I bought a game from the Microsoft store on my PC and it says I own it but I can not play it and there is no button to install it

Hi Janette!

What exactly is the game you’re referring to?

Kindly check your order history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and click on the game link there. Please provide me here the link of the game from the store for me to check it.
  3. TimidMinds Win User

Achievements

If its not specifically listed as the PC version of the game on the Microsoft store app, then no. Because I own games on console that I haven't installed/bought on PC that says I own that version the game on the PC. Whereas some of the puzzle games I like
    that I own on console don't say I own them on PC as they are two different ports.
  4. John P_14 Win User

I bought a game but the microsoft store says I don’t own it

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If you have purchased a game on your Xbox using gift cards and the Microsoft store is still showing that the game needs to be purchased again, it could be an issue with the game's license or your Xbox account.

We need to verify if your transaction for the game is successful by signing in at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders. If it's successful and is showing as "Completed", it means you have a license for the game.

Kindly try signing out of your account on your device, restarting your device, and then signing back in.
  5. FreakRoach Win User

Game list PC/XBOX

Only play anywhere games bought from xbox store or microsoft store on PC can be used on both console and pc. Games bought from steam can't.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Bought a game but Microsoft Store says I don't own it

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly validate the transaction for the game first. Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and locate your order for Sea Of Thieves. It should be visible as "redeemed" or "completed".

Once you have located the transaction, kindly sign out both on your Microsoft Store App and Xbox App then restart your PC before signing back in. Make sure that you will sign in under the account where the game was redeemed.
Thema:

I bought a game from the Microsoft store on my PC and it says I own it but I can not play...

1. I bought a game from the Microsoft store on my PC and it says I own it but I can not play... - Similar Threads - bought game Microsoft

2. Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...

in XBoX on Windows
    Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...: Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore because of an 0x87e0000f error while installing. YES IVE TRIED ALL OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING AVAILABLE, DOESNT...
  3. Free online for games bought in Microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Free online for games bought in Microsoft store: Multiplayer, in some games, is about 30 to 50% of the content and besides the game itself, you have to pay for the subscription in order to get the online access. In my opinion, it's not a really...
  4. I bought a shark card from the Microsoft store but receive it in the game

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a shark card from the Microsoft store but receive it in the game: I bought a shark card from the Microsoft store but receive it in the game 24c112be-5819-406e-bd2e-43456b9ae729
  5. Linked xbox with epic games (pc) would i get my vbucks if i bought it of microsoft/xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linked xbox with epic games (pc) would i get my vbucks if i bought it of microsoft/xbox: I've bought 1000 vbucks from Microsoft/Xbox and it hasn't came yet but I read it could take up to 24 hours. so I'm just wondering if I will even get the vbucks if I bought it off Microsoft/Xbox...
  6. Can I get a refund on the Xbox game pass core that I bought with my Microsoft points?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a refund on the Xbox game pass core that I bought with my Microsoft points?: I thought the Xbox games pass core was the some as the Xbox game pass gold and it was not clear so I bought it. 545f02a2-6f34-4cd3-be7a-1a16fc92e626
  7. I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...: I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on another device? It also does not show in my purchase history and will only allow me to purchase it again from...
  8. i bought two games in microsoft store and they don't appear as owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought two games in microsoft store and they don't appear as owned: Hi, i bought sea of thieves and minecraft on microsoft store but when i try playing them it says i don't own it. 7b9eb24a-4ef1-4343-b927-4dabeb372584
  9. I bought a game on the Microsoft Xbox Store. Can I claim or move it to my steam account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game on the Microsoft Xbox Store. Can I claim or move it to my steam account?: I was I big Xbox kid back then, and I now have a suitable pc for gaming. I have bought Enter The Gungeon, one of my favorite games, on my Xbox. And it is purchasable on the Steam store, but I...
  10. i have just bought game pass so i could play microsoft flight simulator but it says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have just bought game pass so i could play microsoft flight simulator but it says...: i have just bought game pass so i could play microsoft flight simulator but it says installation stopped 697fa26c-61f3-4ce2-97bc-7b2d75c24499