I bought a game but the microsoft store says I don’t own it

Discus and support I bought a game but the microsoft store says I don’t own it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought forza on my Xbox and it charged me the money ( I bought it with gift cards) and the microsoft store says I need to buy it again even though I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pls help me_349, Jan 25, 2023.

1. I bought a game but the microsoft store says I don’t own it

I bought forza on my Xbox and it charged me the money ( I bought it with gift cards) and the microsoft store says I need to buy it again even though I already bought it

:)

Pls help me_349, Jan 25, 2023
  2. FieldyOfKorn Win User

XBOX PUTTING ADVERTISEMENTS INTO XBOX LIVE

Personally, I don`t really mind the ads. They don`t affect my gaming at all, so they don`t really matter to me. Let Microsoft do their thing I say.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If you have purchased a game on your Xbox using gift cards and the Microsoft store is still showing that the game needs to be purchased again, it could be an issue with the game's license or your Xbox account.

We need to verify if your transaction for the game is successful by signing in at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders. If it's successful and is showing as "Completed", it means you have a license for the game.

Kindly try signing out of your account on your device, restarting your device, and then signing back in.
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Cheaters Ruin Gameplay

cod games don`t have their own servers,they run on microsofts.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Bought a game but Microsoft Store says I don't own it

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly validate the transaction for the game first. Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and locate your order for Sea Of Thieves. It should be visible as "redeemed" or "completed".

Once you have located the transaction, kindly sign out both on your Microsoft Store App and Xbox App then restart your PC before signing back in. Make sure that you will sign in under the account where the game was redeemed.
  6. tman2damax11 Win User

Bought gtaV and no it says I don't own it

You should start with a
    power cycle of the system
    , then check to see if the problem is fixed. If that doesn't work the next best option is to do a

factory reset
    , doing this isn't as bad as it sounds as there's an option that factory resets the OS/settings, but leaves your games and apps installed so they don't have to be redownloaded/reinstalled, you basically only have to log in again, and this should
    fix your issue.
Thema:

1. I bought a game but the microsoft store says I don’t own it - Similar Threads - bought game microsoft

2. I bought a game on the Microsoft store and i have to buy it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game on the Microsoft store and i have to buy it again: I recently bought age of empires 2 de for my pc thorough the Microsoft store and now when i check back to it i hato buy it again, it's installed on my pc but it doesn't seem to register on the...
  3. Fifa points bought through Microsoft store won't show up in game to use

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fifa points bought through Microsoft store won't show up in game to use: Tried restarting, force restating, closing game, re'synced everything. FIFA points won't show up f6c503ab-165d-49c2-adf7-ea8871fd2d33
  4. Microsoft cant recover profile after i bought $2000.00 worth games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft cant recover profile after i bought $2000.00 worth games?: Ms dont care bout lost profiles makes them money? No help for that? Put a man on moon but cant do that? Cmon we made you microsoft! Help people out just maybe giv a heck. Care about one thing...
  5. How do i get help with a game i bought in the Microsoft store as a digital download.EA...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get help with a game i bought in the Microsoft store as a digital download.EA...: Since a recent update, my fifa23 game has a developed a fault.EA wont help. What do i do? 89347751-8968-4dba-bef7-1f23bdfa0695
  6. Bought a game from Microsoft store its listed in my purchases but its not in my library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game from Microsoft store its listed in my purchases but its not in my library: Bought a game for xbox1 off Microsoft sore. Game is listed in my purchases but doesn't appear in my library e7edfb39-a94d-4164-84e6-59c51102d81a
  7. I want delete my account microsoft but I bought an xbox play anywhere game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want delete my account microsoft but I bought an xbox play anywhere game: Hi, I want delete my Microsoft account but I bought Forza Motorsport 7 digital version. Is there a way to save the game with a license or other? Can I play it though I delete my account?...
  8. I bought a game on Xbox one in the Microsoft store but it says that it is having trouble...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game on Xbox one in the Microsoft store but it says that it is having trouble...: Having problems with a game I bought in the Microsoft store on my Xbox one. Keeps saying to check back later as it is having issues? Help please? 7d2b1682-6e02-46bd-a5a6-2194a62be49f
  9. Can Microsoft just refund a game you bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Microsoft just refund a game you bought: So like on Nov17 I bought Forza 4 and Forza 5 today they were removed without me messaging them about it etc 07f9fd52-8f51-44c6-b25d-ce251e08a60d
  10. Would I be abusing the Microsoft refund system if I bought a game, played it, didn’t like...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would I be abusing the Microsoft refund system if I bought a game, played it, didn’t like...: For some time now, I’ve been experimenting with games, finding them to be unpleasant or just not working, and refunding them, but I am now wondering if this is abusing Microsoft’s refund system....