I believe someone else has the same Gamertag as me, no numbers.

Discus and support I believe someone else has the same Gamertag as me, no numbers. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My gamertag is Versos, when I search or when I have my friends search my gamertag, mine doesn’t appear, but another Versos does, it has no numbers next... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Versos_, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Versos_
    Versos_ Guest

My gamertag is Versos, when I search or when I have my friends search my gamertag, mine doesn’t appear, but another Versos does, it has no numbers next to it? How is this possible? Can someone help or do I contact Microsoft to do something, also I forgot to mention, the Versos account that comes up when I search for it, it’s inactive. Thank you in advance.

:)

Versos_, Feb 23, 2022
  2. Shaggy2000 Win User

As someone else mentioned, your name isn't Versos, its Versos_.

The underscore is really important.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Display names on the forums can be different from gamertags. Underscores can't be used in gamertags so that is not their gamertag.
  4. ngocphi Win User

When you search for someone it has to be the EXACT context

Since you have an odd name maybe you should tell them what to look for ?

Versos_

Did you notice you have a " _ " in your name it probably is throwing off your friends
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If multiple people have the same gamertag, the suffix distinguishes them from one another. If it does not have a suffix or number it means this account has the Gamertag first.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

How to chose my own gamertag ID?

WPAK is correct with this. the number are automatically assigned to your gamertag if someone else already has the same gamertag. There is no way to choose the numbers yourself.
Thema:

1. I believe someone else has the same Gamertag as me, no numbers. - Similar Threads - believe someone else

2. Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?

in XBoX on Windows
    Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?: I keep getting an email notification that credentials are needed to sign into my account . I have checked my sign in activity and someone in China is trying to continuously log in to my account....
  3. A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...

in XBoX on Windows
    A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...: How do I finout if my account was hacked, a game was purchased but not by me, I believe my account was hacked a0ad8456-3944-476e-ad93-246b573628b3
  4. I believe my minecraft account got hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my minecraft account got hacked.: I haven't played for a long time and it seems these pesky hackers got my minecraft account out of nowhere. I have proof as there is an email for it as shown in the screenshot. I tried the account...
  5. I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...: I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the resolution set in the xbox but I could be wrong. What can/should i do? e3649c21-c662-4599-907a-968aa551fe07
  6. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  7. Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...: Please if anybody knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Could my power supply be slowing down my xbox speeds? I've tried clearing cache 3 times and hard resetting it multiple times so please dont...
  8. I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...: My Xbox one s which I got a few years ago has been in a reboot cycle for a while now (about 8-9 months or more). It started when everything was normal but then one time when I turned on my Xbox it...
  9. I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.: Hi As of today I have noticed that I have been logged out of everything that I had been logged into with Microsoft. When I try to log back in it says that my email doesn't exist, and I did check...
  10. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c