I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me...

Discus and support I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I believe my Series X has been overheating. I have a photo but I don't see anywhere on here that I can attach it. The rear, left, lower vent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EugeneGriffin, Dec 2, 2021.

1. I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me...

Hello.

I believe my Series X has been overheating. I have a photo but I don't see anywhere on here that I can attach it. The rear, left, lower vent has signs of the black coating on the plastic melting away in the center of the vent grid. Some spots show the grey or silver base color of the plastic. My console has never given an overheating warning and the fan has never changed speeds or ramped up. I wish I could show you the picture. Why isn't there a link to upload a photo?

The console has frozen, crashed, and shutdown while playing NBA2K22.

Edit: I took a chance and dragged the photo and it worked!!

I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me... [​IMG]

:)

EugeneGriffin, Dec 2, 2021
  2. EugeneGriffin Win User

I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me what you think. The vent is circled in red.

Hello SwordofWhedon.

If you look closely it seems that the coating is peeling away in the center. I haven't rubbed anything across that area to make that happen. It's only been three months of use and for it to start looking like that it must be something causing it to eat away like that. If you look at the right vent, it doesn't have that issue. I know the picture is dark on the right side. Also, no matter what game I'm playing, the fan never changes speed and ramp up. I thought it was due to a very good cooling design that the fan seems to run at the same speed all of the time. I have to put my ear to the fan vent in order to feel it and hear it blow.

It's just strange that the peeling is happening like that after three months and nothing touches that area because I am VERY CAREFUL with my console as well as other things.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me what you think. The vent is circled in red.

That is the main intakeventilation hole. It’s supposed to be more open, I don’t see any signs of melting

NBa2K has protect mode error problems. 2k needs to fix these bugs.

If it doesn’t say it’s overheating, it’s not. It’s a protect error to prevent data corruption
  4. EugeneGriffin Win User

Thank you MateusFontana.

I really appreciate the quick replies and the advice.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

I understand, in this case, apparently, your console is still within the warranty period. I believe that the best thing to do in this situation is to take the console for repair or replacement, the problems you reported could be due to heating, maybe there is no point in displaying the message, but as you reported the console shuts down and this it's not a normal thing to happen.

Please use the instructions in the item below to return it for repair or replacement.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

In your case, I would do this, as the problems can be aggravated due to the time of use over the months.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Well I can’t count the number of times a patch has been issued that is supposed to fix everything.

They need to use their tools to monitor the system and find out what is causing the protect faults, and patch it. Sending those bug reports when you get them, they are sent to the developer. It’s the best way for them to see what’s going on in your system when it crashes
Thema:

I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me...

1. I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me... - Similar Threads - believe Series has

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...

in XBoX on Windows
    A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...: How do I finout if my account was hacked, a game was purchased but not by me, I believe my account was hacked a0ad8456-3944-476e-ad93-246b573628b3
  4. I believe my minecraft account got hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my minecraft account got hacked.: I haven't played for a long time and it seems these pesky hackers got my minecraft account out of nowhere. I have proof as there is an email for it as shown in the screenshot. I tried the account...
  5. I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...: I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the resolution set in the xbox but I could be wrong. What can/should i do? e3649c21-c662-4599-907a-968aa551fe07
  6. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  7. Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...: Please if anybody knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Could my power supply be slowing down my xbox speeds? I've tried clearing cache 3 times and hard resetting it multiple times so please dont...
  8. I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...: My Xbox one s which I got a few years ago has been in a reboot cycle for a while now (about 8-9 months or more). It started when everything was normal but then one time when I turned on my Xbox it...
  9. I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.: Hi As of today I have noticed that I have been logged out of everything that I had been logged into with Microsoft. When I try to log back in it says that my email doesn't exist, and I did check...
  10. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c