i believe i have been hacked and the hacker has changed the email on the account

Discus and support i believe i have been hacked and the hacker has changed the email on the account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when i tried to log in to my xbox account the email I know to be linked to my xbox account is no longer working so i cannot even partially login to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vg MaDn355, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Vg MaDn355
    Vg MaDn355 Guest

i believe i have been hacked and the hacker has changed the email on the account

when i tried to log in to my xbox account the email I know to be linked to my xbox account is no longer working so i cannot even partially login to change the password or recover the account, they even seem to have changed the bio of my profile to "try hax" as if to taunt me.

:)

Vg MaDn355, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

You may check your Xbox consoles where your account is currently added.

On your console:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & PIN.
    Under Show on Home, you'll see the email or phone number you use to sign in. If you enable this setting, this account info will be displayed on your Home screen.

I am afraid that if we couldn't find the correct and complete email address, we cannot start the account recovery process since it's required to have it.

Just a friendly reminder, to prevent this from happening again, make sure to secure your account. Check the steps and tips here https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  3. Vg MaDn355 Win User

Hi, have looked around for anything I could do as far as i know the new email begins with tr***@gmail.com, i cannot remember how i saw this but at some point in all the searching i came across a recovery email, but now the email that was linked no longer exists. While recovering i somehow ended up recovering an old account of mine from years ago, now theres no way getting back to the place i saw that
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Vg!

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in.

If your email address was replaced, you cannot use your own email address to recover your account. You must know the current email address of your account which could be the hacker’s email address already to begin the account recovery. Check your emails or other devices for possible traces of the hacker's email address - it may appear there.

If you knew the current email, you may try to reset the account password through https://account.live.com/pw
    ***Make sure to sign out any account signed in to https://account.microsoft.com website before starting an account recovery.

If it doesn’t work, try to fill out the account recovery form on https://account.live.com/acsr

You may also use the Microsoft’s interactive tool here https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  5. khizar hasan1 Win User

Minecraft account

Yes I changed it multiple times but the hacker changed the verification email my Microsoft account has been recovered but the Xbox account where we have to login to play games like forza or minecraft has been hacked
  6. Arothgar Win User

Can't sign in to Parent Account

OK I'm having the same issue of not being able to get onto the parental account so i cant accept the new Terms. In the past this account has been hacked numerous times, and now they have hacked into my parental account. We arent able to reset the password
    cause the alternative email doesnt work and the hackers have changed the security question. Is there anyway of getting it back or should i just give up on this account ?
Thema:

1. i believe i have been hacked and the hacker has changed the email on the account - Similar Threads - believe been hacked

2. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  3. A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...

in XBoX on Windows
    A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...: How do I finout if my account was hacked, a game was purchased but not by me, I believe my account was hacked a0ad8456-3944-476e-ad93-246b573628b3
  4. I believe my minecraft account got hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my minecraft account got hacked.: I haven't played for a long time and it seems these pesky hackers got my minecraft account out of nowhere. I have proof as there is an email for it as shown in the screenshot. I tried the account...
  5. I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...: I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the resolution set in the xbox but I could be wrong. What can/should i do? e3649c21-c662-4599-907a-968aa551fe07
  6. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  7. Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...: Please if anybody knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Could my power supply be slowing down my xbox speeds? I've tried clearing cache 3 times and hard resetting it multiple times so please dont...
  8. I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...: My Xbox one s which I got a few years ago has been in a reboot cycle for a while now (about 8-9 months or more). It started when everything was normal but then one time when I turned on my Xbox it...
  9. I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.: Hi As of today I have noticed that I have been logged out of everything that I had been logged into with Microsoft. When I try to log back in it says that my email doesn't exist, and I did check...
  10. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c