I am unable to switch Microsoft accounts on the Microsoft store app and Xbox app

Discus and support I am unable to switch Microsoft accounts on the Microsoft store app and Xbox app in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My issue started last night when I was trying to sign in to my alternative Microsoft account. I would be able to sign out of my main account normally,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Phoenix Dixon, Dec 10, 2022.

1. I am unable to switch Microsoft accounts on the Microsoft store app and Xbox app

My issue started last night when I was trying to sign in to my alternative Microsoft account. I would be able to sign out of my main account normally, but when it came to signing in: the issues began to occur. Microsoft store app: Whenever I sign out and try to sign in again, I am met with nothing; I click on the sign in button, but nothing except the Microsoft account login pop-up appears (the pop-up disappears in less than half a second). It is a similar issue in the Xbox app where if I try to click the "switch accounts" button: that same pop up appears for just as little time. I have attempted resetting and repairing all Xbox related apps and the Microsoft store--- it has not worked. I have also tried to login to the account I wish to use on two separate browsers, which works, but it does not reflect back onto the apps themselves. The pop-up disappears too quickly for me to provide a screenshot, but it is a small, rectangular shaped white box that appears in the middle of my screen when attempting to login to a different Microsoft account. Oddly, this has allowed me to download one of the games I own on the other account. For example, I downloaded the Minecraft launcher on a browser then logged into the only account I could (my main), then I was able to install both editions of Minecraft which I own on my other account, not this one.

:)

Phoenix Dixon, Dec 10, 2022
  2. Phoenix Dixon Win User

I am unable to switch Microsoft accounts on the Microsoft store app and Xbox app

Thank you once again for your assistance, but the problem has still not been resolved after doing what you advised.
  3. EWB Shifty Win User

I tried this about 2 hours ago and found success finally. Everything was red and said it failed but it worked I guess. I made sure to have everything closed before I ran it.

1-Right-click on Start.
    2-Click on Windows Terminal(admin)
    3-Copy and paste:
    Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

and press ENTER.
    4-Reboot PC
  4. Phoenix Dixon Win User

No, I haven’t. I completely agree on how frustrating this issue is. I’ve done everything I can think of and nothing works.
  5. Phoenix Dixon Win User

I did a full system update along with making sure all my apps were up to date—- nothing. Also, I already had the Xbox companion app. I appreciate your help, but the same issue is persisting.
  6. Phoenix Dixon Win User

Thank you so much! I’m able to access my other account via the store now; you’re a real lifesaver.

Have a great day.
Thema:

1. I am unable to switch Microsoft accounts on the Microsoft store app and Xbox app - Similar Threads - unable switch Microsoft

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  4. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  5. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  8. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  9. Unable to switch account through xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to switch account through xbox app: I am unable to switch accounts. I have 2 accounts on my PC, my main email which is alt gaming and my alt email which is main gaming. The Xbox app will only allow me to sign in to my alt gaming as...
  10. Why am I unable to join minecraft nintendo switch world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to join minecraft nintendo switch world: Hello, I am trying to join my sister's minecraft world she plays on switch and I play on xbox she can join my world but I can't join her world I have tried restarting my xbox doing a power cycle...