I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...

Discus and support I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; To start, I recently tried playing Fallout 76, but was met with a no multiplayer privilege error. I had installed this game on a separate SSD which was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ChefBobbySlay, Jul 26, 2020.

1. I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...

To start, I recently tried playing Fallout 76, but was met with a no multiplayer privilege error. I had installed this game on a separate SSD which was a known issue, so I reinstalled on my C (OS) drive. I'm still having the same issue with it, however.

Next, I tried to play State of Decay 2. I am met with a popup stating that my data cannot be synced. When I attempt to play offline, I am met with the "unable to initialize Windows Gaming Services" despite having offline play enabled.

Another strange thing that happens every time I log in or visit game pages is a flickering popup. It pops up 5-6 times then disappears and the page returns to normal.

I recently changed the email address associated with the account (old email account went dead after 10+ years), but that is the only recent change I've made. The only games I can seem to play are Metro Exodus, West of Dead, and FFXV (single player games).
    However, I would like to be able to play the other games with my friends especially since they are part of a service I'm paying for.

I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,... [​IMG]

I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,... [​IMG]

:)

ChefBobbySlay, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Connor_S Win User

I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but I can't download games

I am also currently on the phone with a similar issue, I got the Xbox game pass 3 months for free with Discord nitro, I chose the Xbox game pass for PC assuming I would be able to play the games it has under the Xbox game pass tabs on my PC, but when I go
    to, for example, the Halo Master Chief Collection, it says I need the Xbox game pass for Console? and tells me I can purchase it separately.

http://prntscr.com/px6vq5
  3. mydefposse Win User

Zoo Tycoon - Which Game Pass???

Thank you, this is what I thought, however Xbox Support via live chat confirmed to me that this is not on PC game pass which is why I am unable to download it from the store for free. They said the game is only available "discounted" on Game Pass for PC. Which is not what my screenshots indicate and is false advertising.
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Looks like you need to renew Game Pass. If your subscription is current, try quitting and relaunching the game.

I own game pass Ultimate and therefore have access to play games on my Xbox and my pc. but recently it seems that if I try to launch a game on my pc it says I need to renew game pass. I know I don't have to renew it because I can play sea of thieves
    (a game I don't own but play through game pass) on my Xbox. but when I try to play it on my pc it gives me the message from above. I've looked through my account to my subscriptions tab on the Xbox app on pc. and it tells me I own game pass pc, but if I refresh
    the page it'll disappear. I just want to know if this a bug that would be fixed soon or if I need to rebuy game pass for pc. but for now I can't play any game pass games on my pc even though I own game pass ultimate, which is SUPPOSED to let me play game pass
    games on console and pc. I've tried restarting my computer, relaunching the game, going onto the Xbox console companion and then going to the my games tab. then I try to launch sea of thieves through there but it NEVER works. I tried this yesterday and
    thought maybe it was just a mistake with Xbox servers. but here I am a day later making this post because it still wont work.
    I've been having that problem a lot with Game Pass on PC as well. For me, signing out of the Xbox Beta app and then signing back in seems to fix it for a few days. Hopefully that works for you.
  5. ChefBobbySlay Win User

I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down, can't sync to cloud, or my account does not have multiplayer privileges.

Replying with a fix that has worked for State of Decay's and the app popup issue.

1. delete all games, the gampepass app, and the companion app.

2. Redownload the companion app

3. Sign in, sign out, and sign back into the companion app

4. Redownload the gamepass app and sign in

I think the issue was related to my account not being "signed in" in the appropriate places or their apps not communicating appropriately. Have yet to try on FO76 due to the large download, but I will update shortly.

Update:

FO76 now works as well. Kind of a strange issue, but that fix seemed to work. Cheers
  6. Francia J. Win User

so i have a regular xbox gamepass on my console

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I'm sorry but if you're also on PC, you'll need to buy another PC game pass or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Live Gold (required to play online multiplayer on Xbox), Game Pass for Console, PC Game Pass, and EA Play (both for Xbox and PC).
Thema:

I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...

1. I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,... - Similar Threads - unable play games

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  4. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  5. Unable to play multiplayer games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer games.: Whenever I attempt to load into a multiplayer game it gives me the message “The person who bought this needs to sign in” but not only did I buy these games I also redownload them in an attempt to...
  6. UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES: Hi. Im having issues when I want to play online games such as Forza horizon 5 the texas chain saw massacre. Keeps indicating verification of my profile with the servers is not available at the...
  7. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.: I bought XBOX game pass. Several EA games are on game pass. To play an EA game through game pass, we are required to download EA play and then launch the game through EA play. However, EA Play...
  9. Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3: For some reasons when someone is gamesharing with me I can play most of their games but when it comes to the call of duty modernwarefare III It tells me to pre order it when someone im...
  10. Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...: I bought mx atv legends and spend £36 on it. As soon as I opened it, I couldn’t accelerate meaning I couldn’t play the game, couldn’t change settings in game or find help online aswell. Requested...