i am Unable to launch game after 1st launch

Discus and support i am Unable to launch game after 1st launch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently installed Dishonored® Definitive Edition (PC), The game launches fine the first time after installation, every time after however I am left... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Felix .T, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Felix .T
    Felix .T Guest

I recently installed Dishonored® Definitive Edition (PC), The game launches fine the first time after installation, every time after however I am left with a popup saying [This app cant open - Check the Windows Store for more info about Dishonored® Definitive Edition (PC).] I have tried a few things however none have worked the only way I can play is to uninstall and install the game again. i am Unable to launch game after 1st launch :(

As seen in the image below Microsoft store is telling me to reinstall despite having just installed the game, clicking reinstall doesn't do anything.

i am Unable to launch game after 1st launch [​IMG]

:)

Felix .T, Aug 30, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Felix, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, kindly repair and reset the game by following the steps below:

Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Search for the game > Advanced Options > Repair > Reset > Restart your PC.

If that didn't work, you may need to clear the cache of Microsoft Store by following the steps below:

1. On your search bar type "wsreset" or "wsreset.exe".

2. Right-click and then run as administrator.

3. It may take a while but please wait for the Microsoft Store App to launch.

4. Restart the PC and then try to play the game again.

If that still didn't work, make sure that you're signed in under the account where the game was purchased or the account where the subscription is active. Kindly sign out both on Microsoft Store App and Xbox App and then restart before signing back in.
  3. PhotonmkULTRA Win User

Halo Infinite (Xbox PC) crashing on launch!

I’ve had the EXACT same experience as the OP. Initially I had problems launching the game after installing. After trying a few Times, the game would eventually launch and I was able to play for a few hours. Eventually, I was unable to even launch it. I did almost all of the troubleshooting the OP has already described. And currently, the game will seem like it’s launching, only to get stuck 2 or 3 seconds after launch.
  4. DBLmeatPalace2 Win User

So when the xbox one fails will they start making games for 360 again?

hmm doub't it after xbox one launches MS will only support 360 for a yr or so look how fast they killed the 1st xbox after 360 launched
  5. BlackHawkDrunk Win User

So whats in story for the next gen..

Fallout 4 will be the 1st Bethesda game on the next gen consoles. I wouldn't hold my breath on TES6 until 2015 given that Oblivion launched 4 years after Morrowind & Skyrim launched 4 1/2 years after Oblivion.
  6. Tristan Reese Win User

Deadcells killing pc?

My pc is unable to run long enough to even bring up a menu at this point and all I have attempted to do was the steps you listed. After launching deadcells my PC has degraded to a point of being unable to even repair it. I am beyond words at this point. I am using windows 11 and this pc is decently up to date hardware wise. I'm having to reply on my phone. How is Xbox gamepass allowing this to continue on their gamepass when this seems to be a known issue from my digging. It killed my computer just by launching it. I am furious, and unable to do anything because it crashes roughly 5 minutes after launch.
Thema:

1. i am Unable to launch game after 1st launch - Similar Threads - Unable launch game

2. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  3. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  4. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  5. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  6. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  7. unable to launch any game pass game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to launch any game pass game.: any game boot receives an error: /game/ cant open because it is offline. the storage device might be missing or disconnected. no issues with drive, working fine for files, other programs and...
  8. Ubisoft+ account linked to Xbox but unable to launch game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ubisoft+ account linked to Xbox but unable to launch game: Hi I subscribed to Ubisoft+ yesterday for my son's Xbox. I have linked the account to his Xbox. The Xbox app allowed me to download games to his Xbox absolutely fine but when launching them get...
  9. unable to play forza horizon 5 on gamepass pc game crashes as soon as i launch it same...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to play forza horizon 5 on gamepass pc game crashes as soon as i launch it same...: pc is fully updated subscription is running rtx 3050 laptop tried restarting on my college wifi so downloaded through vpn tried playing with vpn same results was able to play forza 4 other...
  10. Unable to launch game with gamepass. How to fix System error -2015294512

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch game with gamepass. How to fix System error -2015294512: Hello, My game pass is ending tomorrow and I was wondering if it was a good thing to renew it since I'm not able to launch a game anymore. Whatever what the game is, I get this error : System...