I am unable to install gaming services on my new laptop with windows 11.

Discus and support I am unable to install gaming services on my new laptop with windows 11. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to download some games from the Xbox app and it keeps prompting to install gaming services. When I try to do so, I get a message saying... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dannyboi_13, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Dannyboi_13
    Dannyboi_13 Guest

I tried to download some games from the Xbox app and it keeps prompting to install gaming services. When I try to do so, I get a message saying something went wrong on their end with the code 0x80070490. I have tried repairing the xbox app. I am up to date on all of my windows updates. I have tried most suggestions I have found online and nothing works.

:)

Dannyboi_13, Mar 17, 2023
  2. QTippah Win User

Go to Your settings app and select apps.

Click installed apps.

Find the xbox app and click the 3 dots.

Go to advanced settings and scroll to repair.

It fixed mine hope it does the same for y'all
  3. James Pp Win User

Tried this over and over again for the past 5 hours and still no joy. Can you please provide an actual fix?
  4. Vijayendra Singh Win User

hello i am having the same problem and after looking online for days i see there is a prompt that should get shown where i have to press yes i havent gotten this prompt is there anything i can do?
    Same Issue.
  5. enrico de jager Win User

hello i am having the same problem and after looking online for days i see there is a prompt that should get shown where i have to press yes i havent gotten this prompt is there anything i can do?
  6. Isaac McAnerin Win User

None of these solutions worked for me. "Gaming Services" isn't even in the microsoft store or on my updates page.

So hit your Windows button and go to Settings. Find "Apps." An older version of Windows might have "Apps and Programs," if I recall right. Regardless, you just need your list of installed programs. Scroll down and find the Gaming Services that Xbox keeps saying you don't have.

Click on it. Select "Advanced Options."

Scroll down. Below the Terminate and Reset sections, there's a button that says "Repair." Hit that and wait for the checkmark to come up.

As soon as it repaired itself, the games in my Xbox app lit up and I could download the game my kid wanted. Hope this helps someone.

For the record: telling people to revert to an un-updated version of Windows to make a necessary Windows program work is asinine, especially when 90% of the solutions to the other things that don't work are "update windows." This is essentially telling us to break everything else to make one thing work. Do better, Microsoft.
    THIS IS WHAT FINALLY HELPED
Thema:

1. I am unable to install gaming services on my new laptop with windows 11. - Similar Threads - unable install gaming

2. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  3. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  4. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  5. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  6. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  7. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  8. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.: I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form the internet and nothing seems to work. And the...
  9. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  10. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...