I am unable to install games on my PC, I am getting an error code 0x80040154, I am unable...

Discus and support I am unable to install games on my PC, I am getting an error code 0x80040154, I am unable... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just built my brand new PC about a week ago and I'm trying out the game pass service on windows 11. My computer is a desktop with a Ryzen 5... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MogamboN, Jan 6, 2023.

1. MogamboN
    MogamboN Guest

I am unable to install games on my PC, I am getting an error code 0x80040154, I am unable...

Hi,
    I just built my brand new PC about a week ago and I'm trying out the game pass service on windows 11.
    My computer is a desktop with a Ryzen 5 7600X with a geforce 1060 6gb graphics card. I have the latest drivers and BIOS installed.
    When I try to install a game, I get "Something unexpected happened" 0x80040154 error and the game does not even download. I am able to download ea games via ea play, but games via the xbox application refuse to install.
    I tried out the steps in the troubleshooting guide and at the last step where I have to uninstall and reinstall gaming services, when I try to do this I get the following error.

At the end after some googling I checked to see if the service is running(in services.msc) and I find that there are 2 gaming services running, one as Local service and one as Local system, I do see that they are both running though.

I would appreciate some help here, the only thing I can think of is a reinstall of windows. I hope I have not missed out any trivial step here. Thanks!

:)

MogamboN, Jan 6, 2023
  2. MogamboN Win User

I am unable to install games on my PC, I am getting an error code 0x80040154, I am unable to uninstall game services as well

Unfortunately I was not able to find a solution to this problem, I reset my windows install and got it working again. I think it is odd that a brand new installation of windows somehow did not work and needed a reset after only 2 weeks. Luckily the reset process is easy. But I had to reinstall all my apps and some of my drivers.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

I am unable to install games on my PC, I am getting an error code 0x80040154, I am unable to uninstall game services as well

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello MogamboN,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Woollie6 Win User

I am unable to install a game

I did everything you said and it worked. Thank you very much for your assistance.
  6. ImAice Win User

I am unable to install a game

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Can you unplug the external hard drive and Please Turn off console > (press and hold power button for 10 seconds) unplug everything from the console > wait for 2 minutes and plug everything back > Turn On the console.

Once done, please check if the issue still persist while the external hard drive is unplugged.
Thema:

1. I am unable to install games on my PC, I am getting an error code 0x80040154, I am unable... - Similar Threads - unable install games

2. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  3. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  4. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  5. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  6. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  7. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  8. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.: I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form the internet and nothing seems to work. And the...
  9. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  10. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...