I am unable to be invited to a friend's game, and appear offline against my will.

Discus and support I am unable to be invited to a friend's game, and appear offline against my will. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, I'm aware this issue's likely been addressed before, but I'm having trouble finding posts relating to it. I am using the PC Xbox app, and am... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Vixxey, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Vixxey
    Vixxey Guest

I am unable to be invited to a friend's game, and appear offline against my will.

Hello, I'm aware this issue's likely been addressed before, but I'm having trouble finding posts relating to it.

I am using the PC Xbox app, and am appearing offline to my friend on their Xbox, despite the setting "Appear offline" being disabled. They are also unable to invite me to their game, with the option not even being available to them.

We'd been having issues connecting in the past, but they were at least always able to attempt to send an invitation. The last time they tried to, I didn't receive a notification about their invite like I had all previous times.

Is there an option somewhere that is preventing me from being invited? Why am I still appearing offline to my friend? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Vixxey, Aug 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Vixxey

Just to confirm, are you trying to play with them using the Minecraft for Windows / Bedrock edition. Right?

Is this happening only when you try to play with your friend? Or everyone in your friends list are seeing you as offline?

Can you try playing with your friend on a different game to see if the issue persists?

--------

In the meantime, can you (and they) delete them from your friend's list. Then after a couple minutes re-add it and check how it goes?
  3. Vixxey Win User

I should mention, we're trying to both play Minecraft. I am using Windows 10, they are on an Xbox One
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Friends are now getting an error 'cannot connect to server' when they try to join my minecraft world

Thank you for confirming this.

Showing up under LAN games is something that happens to me at home as well, due to, like you said, being on the same network.

However, I find that I am unable to join my friend that always
    appears offline
    , unless they invite me.

Even if you invite your friends, are they unable to connect to your world?

What is the message that is displayed to your buddies when they try to connect?

Having an error code might provide some insight on what might be the culprit behind this.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Not receiving party or game invites

Yeah for those suggesting it's an Online/Offline appearing thing, that doesn't seem to be true. I have appeared Offline before and my friends were still able to go to my profile and send me game or party invites, and I joined them with no problems. So
    you can still receive these and accept them if you are appearing Offline.
  6. ianLynch4 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 multiplayer issue

Hi,

all a little strange, when in game I can see him as a friend and send an invite. He simply does not see me so cannot invite me, I do make an appearance in game when I am actually offline - I show as disconnected in game.

Weird.
Thema:

1. I am unable to be invited to a friend's game, and appear offline against my will. - Similar Threads - unable invited friend's

2. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  3. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  4. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  5. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  6. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  7. Unable to place order

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to place order: For the past few days I've been trying to order a custom controller through the design lab everytime I check out it keeps saying Unable to place order I made the controller using the favorite...
  8. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  9. Unable to send game invites

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to send game invites: Hi there. Myself, partner and 2 children have been trying to play a game together. We are able to invite to a party and chat on it, but, we can’t send game invites? We’ve looked over the settings...
  10. Unable to invite friend for the 14-day free trial

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to invite friend for the 14-day free trial: I've been trying to send one of my friends a referral for the 14-day free trial, but I get a message saying that is only available for paid pc game pass and ultimate members, but I do have an...